A.I. best for kids?

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

pkonkle
PV Fan
PV Fan
A.I. best for kids?

Post by pkonkle » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:30 pm

Hi everyone,

My wife and I just got back from PV a couple weeks back and I must say that we, like so many others, are hooked on the place. We stayed in the Romantic Zone area and enjoyed it a great deal. Being able to walk to everything you need, all the culture we experienced and eating at the greatest restaurants until we about burst were all great things.

We enjoyed it so much that we decided that we would like to have our kids experience it as well. (ages 13, 9 and 6) Now even though we enjoyed the old town area a lot, I think that an AI is going to be the better route to go with the kids. More things to do at the resort, not having to find a restaurant that suits the kids, etc. Can anyone tell me if that makes sense and if so, which AI caters to the kids well.

We still plan on getting them into the old part of town so that they can really experience Mexico, but not a 24/7 set-up like we did.

Thanks,

Travelbug

SHERRYPV

Re:A.I. best for kids?

Post by SHERRYPV » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:33 pm

We stayed at the Melia and Crowne Paradise they are both AI and family friendly. Personally I prefer the CP. Nice area for the kids to play, nice beach. The bar tenders even have special drinks for the kids, (Shrek, Barbie, etc..) We went w/o the kids and had a great time. When we did take our daughter we stayed at the Melia, it was great not having to pay for every little thing she wanted ( ice cream, pop, pizza, etc..) You will have a great time either way.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:47 pm

those are two great suggestions... I would go for the Crown Paradise Club (formerly known as the Playa de Oro)... they have really gone thru the place and updated the colors, the pools for the kids and adults... there is a nice beach area for the kids, and the staff is excellent... we stay next door at the Adults only all inclusive the Golden Crown Paradise... and on Saturday nights they have a great show for the kids... the staff puts on a Disney show with all the fun characters etc... and you can have your pictures taken with Mickey, Buzz and Woody, etc... it is such a treat to watch all the kids there... and some of the adults really get a laugh from it too... and it is my understanding that at night they have a lot of games for the kids over that the Crown Paradise Club.... and they have games, and entertainment for them too....

if you would like some updated pictures, e-mail us are our home address... i have some information from the Sales Department (Angie Garcia) from when they were remodelling the resort.... good slde show...

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:06 pm

Mr & Mrs Crown, do you know if we are not staying at the CP but would like to see the kids show would that be possible?

Thanks Lori

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:23 pm

Where are you staying at? The Factory Club is accross the street from the Golden Crown Paradise and just up the street from the Crown Paradise Club... I haven't heard of people from other resorts wanting to come see our shows, but i guess there has to be a first some time... when are you going to be down there... i will do some checking into it....

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:25 pm

We will be at the Villa del Palmar from April 16 to the 24th. The only reason I asked is the I will have my 4 year old daughter with me and thought it would be a nice way to end our trip.
Thanks again for any info you can get me.
Lori

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:43 pm

let me do some asking around.... I will see if i can get a message or two to Jorge the Factory Club manager, as well as some of the staff.... your daughter would love it.... her eyes would be so BIG.... lol

i will do my best to get you an answer....