I could use the help of those who know

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle
I could use the help of those who know

Post by ronald » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:40 pm

We have been coming to PV for quite a few years, but our kids are getting bigger and we would like to stay in a Beachside All Inclusive hotel where we can rent two adjoing rooms (with side door) for our two teens, (14 and 16 years), or else has a nice suite that would accomodate the kids and us privately. We have stayed at the Melia and the Allegro previously, and enjoyed both, and want something at least comparable to those places. Anyone have any good ideas, PV or Neuvo is fine. We also think that we might bring our 6 year old grandson with us if his parents allow it, but wonder what hassle if any we would get from Mexican authorities. Anyone been thru this before?? Thanks for any replies.

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:I could use the help of those who know

Post by randyintucson » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:02 am

Regarding bringing your grandson, there will be no hassles with Mexican authorities, but you need to have the proper documentation to leave the US with him. We go down with our grandaughter regularly and know that you need notarized authorization from the parents, including information on dates, where you are staying, contact info, etc. I would recommend getting a passport for you grandson also. Most airlines should be able to give you the requirements when you make you reservation. I think your grandson will have a blast; go for it.

kc

Post by kc » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:38 am

We have a timeshare at Marina de Oro, which is part of the Crown Paradise complex. Marina de Oro is located at the very north end of the beach where the cruise ships dock. The facility next door is the old Hotel Playa de Oro, which now is called the Crown Paradise Club or something like that. Anyway, it is all inclusive, complete remodeled and has a water park for 6-year olds that is second to none in PV. If I am not mistaken, they even have sitter service. As for the teenagers, this is a great place to mingle with peers, of which there are plenty.

Quite frankly, I like the peacefull, quiet atmosphere of the timeshare, where kids are scarce. I've paid my dues. However, remember that you can also have peace and quiet if your kids have something to keep them occupied, and Playa de Oro does offer that.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:42 pm

excellent suggestion KC, that is exactly what we would recommend as well... the Crown Paradise Club has been completely remodeled and is now under the Management team from the Golden Crown Paradise (adults-only all inclusive) where the Crown Paradise Club (formerly known as the Playa De Oro) is a family all inclusive... they have a new play area for the younger kids, and new adults hot-tub bar, as well as the beach area, two new resturants... you also have the shows up the street at the Factory Club, they have all kinds of new entertainment for the kids at the Crown Paradise Club.... if you want to see some pictures from the resort let me know, as i have a power point presentation of the new facilities from my friends in management... we have been staying at the Golden Crown Paradise for a few years, we have been there 8 times.... and we have gotten to know the managetment team very well...

there are so many wonderful properties in PV....

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:05 pm

I must add my dos centavos to this post. The Crown Paradise Club would be good chice for you all. It is really close to el centro, just 5 min from the airport, right on the beach and very well kept. Also, right across the street the Factory Club, shows and a disco every night.