should I stay or not?

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

sullystar
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
should I stay or not?

Post by sullystar » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:52 am

I just booked my first ever ticket to Mexico. I will be staying at the NH Krystal Vallarta in Puerto Vallarta. I had read some reviews some of them scary. Just wondering if anyone has stayed at that hotel and what their experience was like. :) :D

tojol57

Good place

Post by tojol57 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:12 am

we usually stay just down the beach from there at the Golden Crown Paradise. But we always seem to find the Krystal busy, and people having a good time. Now that they have built the new tower, people seem to be enjoying themselves there. granted there will be horror stories about all resorts good and bad. you have to remember you make your vacation what you want it to be. so go with an open mind and enjoy Puerto Vallart, the beach and the whole atmospher that Mexico gives you ... besides you will be out of canada and on a warm tropical beach... enjoy man...

north
PV Fan
PV Fan

Krystal

Post by north » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:27 am

I have stayed here many times and liked it alot. I know many other people who have stayed here and they all enjoyed it too. I wouldn't worry.

sullystar
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re: Good place

Post by sullystar » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:35 am

tojol57 wrote:we usually stay just down the beach from there at the Golden Crown Paradise. But we always seem to find the Krystal busy, and people having a good time. Now that they have built the new tower, people seem to be enjoying themselves there. granted there will be horror stories about all resorts good and bad. you have to remember you make your vacation what you want it to be. so go with an open mind and enjoy Puerto Vallart, the beach and the whole atmospher that Mexico gives you ... besides you will be out of canada and on a warm tropical beach... enjoy man...
True Words of wisdom. Thanks!!

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:50 pm

Bad reviews come from people with specific axes to grind or from someone who just can't be pleased at all. From what I've seen the Krystal is a clean and happy place. Vacationers who I spoke to, while in PV said they really liked the place. Go once and if it's not your kind of place, you don't have to go back. It's just like us GCP repeaters, we've found a great place and find it hard to stay anywhere else.

tojol57

agreed

Post by tojol57 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:12 pm

I have to agree with Chuck here. We are GCP repeaters yet we have read just as many negatives about our home away from home as we have read good reviews. And we have met people that wouldn't be happy if you did it all for them. it is rediculous on how some people will act over the simpliest of things. then throw a fit because this isn't like home or like our vacation to Cancun, or Cabo, or jamaica, etc... well it isnt' it is Vallarta. and she has a mind of her own. sorry don't get me started about ignorant "tourists". You are in Mexico. Yes it is a resort town, but they don't import all American or Canadians to come work here so that you feel right at home. DUH!!! oh well.... We love our resort even if there are people that don't. and those that don't, well (never mind)....

Enjoy the Krystal, you will love it...

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Krystal

Post by webmaster » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:09 pm

I've stayed quite a few times in Krystal and all have been memorable. Krystal is specially attractive due to its large grounds and gardens with lush vegetation, you'll feel like in a town of sorts. Food has always been enjoyable and the pools and beach are fine too. Rooms are decorated in old Mexican style, the bathrooms have large pool like bathtubs ;-).

There are some absolutely fabulous restaurants in the hotel, for example Bogart's which has served some of the best food I have ever eaten, then there's Christine, the top disco in town and close by you can even find the Golden Crown hotel and it's own disco, the Factory.

I'd say it's too far from town to go by foot (unless you are a very good walker), that could be a minor issue, but busses and taxis abound, so that is easily solved. You should check out the thursday "Mexican Fiesta" too, ask at the lobby.

You'll enjoy it there, I am sure.

Kind regards

Mogens

d2wilsn

Post by d2wilsn » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:01 pm

We stayed at the Krystal last March and had a really good time. We spent the extra money and got into the new tower by the ocean. We had an oceanfront room on the first floor. The rooms were beautiful along with the view. What is nice is that the rooms in the tower comes with a continental breakfast every morning along with evening drinks and snacks. We never did eat at any of the restaurants as we enjoyed eating downtown, especially the taco stands! The Krystal is a very nice resort and we did not have a problem one, although we are not hard to please. We simply enjoy being in Puerto Vallarta, and seem to have a great time no matter what.