staying at Villa Vallarta what can we use of Canto del sol's

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Pumba
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
staying at Villa Vallarta what can we use of Canto del sol's

Post by Pumba » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:56 pm

Just found out from reading here that we can not use all of canto del sol ,we are ok with it as long as we can use their beach bar ,we do not want to keep running back to villa everytime we want a drink. If you could help us out thanks so much.

Sharon

Re: staying at Villa Vallarta what can we use of Canto del s

Post by Sharon » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:25 pm

Pumba wrote:Just found out from reading here that we can not use all of canto del sol ,we are ok with it as long as we can use their beach bar ,we do not want to keep running back to villa everytime we want a dCanto del sol sells passes for $50. US a month, which allows you the pool area and beach. Are you at the John newcomb villas or the old Los Glorias Villas???rink. If you could help us out thanks so much.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:59 am

This is news for me ?

What do you mean $50 a month passes ?

Pumba
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Pumba » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:16 pm

i know nothing of the 50. but do know that it is no more 2for 1 and some say you can use there bar and access to beach .but if someone could please help me out with the right info or were i can get it that would be great

Thanks

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:19 pm

Just what it sounds like. The beaches are public but the grounds are private. Like many US condos and apt complexes, PV resort guests are required to wear identification that tells the resort that you are a belong on the grounds ie. a hotel guest / condo owner / renter, what resort facilities you are entitled to use, if you are an AI participant and the like. In PV they use colored wrist braclets. With a pass , you get a braclet that allows you to use their facilities. Some braclets are only good for a day, others longer and need to be returned.

janisc
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by janisc » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:14 am

Hmm...the passes are 53 US per day....and when we were there last month, Villa residents were only allowed to walk through to get to the beach....I don't think you can use the bar either actually but your agent should be able to help you and if you don't have one, call one. You don't have to tell them you already booked, but maybe find out if they know. I will say that we had a very lovely, in fact our favourite, dinner out at the in resort restaurant at Villas and the resort looks pretty cool. From what I found on line when I was looking, you will for sure get a bigger room, and the place doesn't seem as busy....good luck and have fun.

PS You might find that the beach isn't all it's cracked up to be anyways, there's things it the water that bite, tho we never did know what but we all got bitten

Le canadien

Post by Le canadien » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:49 pm

Got bitten by what ?

lolli

Villas Vallarta

Post by lolli » Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:31 am

My friends and I are staying at the Villas Vallarta in February. When we booked we thought we could use Canto's hotel but I've found out from places like this that it's not the case any longer.

I don't think it's a big deal if we can't use their beach bar. When we were in PV last year we found that beer is really cheap at Wallmart and if you really wanted to I don't see why you couldn't just take a cooler full to the beach. Also, we are going to bring big "go cups" and just fill up at our hotel and walk down to the beach. Maybe we'll even get a couple of cups each (we enjoy our beverages - especially at an all inclusive).

I'm trying to think positive about it, really, we'll be in Mexico, under the sun, on the beach, if we have to spend a few extra bucks or a few extra minutes walking back and forth to the hotel - so be it - better than being in Saskatchewan and freezing our butts off :)

HAVE FUN!!

Sharon

Post by Sharon » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:41 pm

The $53.00 a day is for an all inclusive pass. Go to the tennis courts and buy a membership for aprox. $50 a month which intitles you to use the gym and pool area. This is not all inclusive but you can purchase food and drinks.

mikeneubauer
PV Fan
PV Fan

canto beach

Post by mikeneubauer » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:02 am

Our travel agent just phoned a couple of days ago and told us that we were allowed to us the canto beach and that we could us the beach bar with our AI at the Villas. Going in 9 days!!

Germain

CANTO DEL SOL SITUATION

Post by Germain » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:15 am

Hi Mikeneubauer !!!

Where do you from ?

I'm in the same situation as you...

Thanks

Germain
Québec , Canada
legrandgat@hotmail.com

Pumba
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Pumba » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:27 pm

I finally heard from our travel agent and an email from canto reservation guy and he listed what we are allowed to use and they stated we could pay 10.00 a day to use everything at canto.the travel agent told me could only use entrance to beach ,then a different agent phoned and said i could use enterance and bar .on the email from hotel it says those 2 things and food snack carts ,but at least i know where i stand when i get there.