Hotel Rosita

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

cmonkey
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Hotel Rosita

Post by cmonkey » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:00 am

I will be staying at the Rosita next week on my first visit to PV. Has anyone stayed here before? What is it Like? Thanks

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:15 am

I am going to ask you to go to "search" and type in "rosita" . You will find 96 matches. I am sure you will find an answer. If not, please ask again. Chuck... 8)

Mikey and Gabby
PV Fan
PV Fan

rosita

Post by Mikey and Gabby » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:39 am

Gabby and I stayed at the Rosita a couple of years ago late April. We were booked into a streetside room. We immediately requested and got ( for a few extra peso per night) an ocean view room. No A/C but floor fan that we placed in the doorway, this was more then adequate for cooling the room. The view was good, mostly facing directly to the sea. The rooms were very basic but suited our needs just fine. We did not have any meals there so can not comment on that aspect of the Hotel. We experinced lots of troubles with the elevator, it only worked occassionaly. The pool was small and did not afford any privacy as it was adjacent to a side walk on the West and South. Lots of children at that time of the year when we were there. A note of interest, out of the 8 different hotels I have stayed at in PV, I found the beds at the Rosita the most comfortable. I remeber the staff to be very courtious and everything kept very clean. Although the hotel is situated far from the south side and not my favourite part of town to stay. The location at the start of the malecon (North end) is perfect for the budget traveller that finds the bars and nightlife of the Malecon to their liking.The adjoining Pravda coffee bar was our spot for enjoying the first coffees of the day and usuall the last ones in the evening. Good sandwiches as well. I give the Rosita * * * * stars out of 10.

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:49 pm

cmonkey if you go to trip reports there is a post called my parents theres some info in that about the rosita my parents were there the end of feb.

susan p
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by susan p » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:15 pm

Hotel Rosita is right at the top of The Malecon. I haven't stayed there myself, but friends who did liked it fine (but this was quite a few years ago). You are in El Centro, the downtown area. It is kind of busy around the hotel with traffic, etc. but a good central location.
________
Vapir no2 vaporizer
Last edited by susan p on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

welovepv
PV Master
PV Master

search for opinions

Post by welovepv » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:26 pm

TripAdvisor is a good place to start. You can tell those people that are NEVER going to be happy, regardless of where they stay, and those that are quite pleased because the rooms served the purpose. Take a gander, it's interesting to read the comments.

Tom and Alex
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Tom and Alex » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:12 am

Stayed at Rosita serval times the last being in November....very pleased with the place at a great price. I always had the same room with side ocean view but , because of remodeling had a street room in November and loved it. If you need a quiet room off street is much better but the noise and hustle bustle on the street added to the excitement. The pool is small but adequate and the resturant is great especially for breakfast at a fair price. Go enjoy and have a great time. :-)4

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Re: search for opinions

Post by chuck » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:44 am

welovepv wrote:TripAdvisor is a good place to start. You can tell those people that are NEVER going to be happy, regardless of where they stay, and those that are quite pleased because the rooms served the purpose. Take a gander, it's interesting to read the comments.

Alot of people who post on the TripAdvisor really have a axe to grind. I had been checking out reports everytime I decide to stay anywhere other than the GCP. I could not believe the damning reviews given to the resorts I found very enjoyable. :roll: Maybe I'm too easily pleased.

augustg
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

A little noisy but OK

Post by augustg » Tue May 09, 2006 2:55 pm

Hi,

I just returned from a trip to PV staying at the Rosita.

The price was great, but I wasn't so keen on the location...I have now realized that I hang out much more in Zona Romantica than Centro.

I had taken the advice of the boards and we got an ocean view room; great view, no AC but we kept the doors open all night and the temp was fine.

The only real problem was that the walkway along the ocean there seems to be a very popular place for underage kids to party until around 3AM so we did get some noise in our room and that was on the top floor.