Royal Decameron information

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

jacrozie
PV Fan
PV Fan
Royal Decameron information

Post by jacrozie » Wed May 31, 2006 8:37 pm

This is our second trip down to PV, and have booked a week at the Royal Decameron Hotel. I had a friend there last month and loved it. Is there anyone else that can give me more information on the hotel? We are booked for the week of September 23 2006.

One year ago today we stayed at the Getaway Club, and we were not impressed, the owner or manager was a jerk but still had a great time in PV and enoyed the people !! cant wait

Jamie

Weezie
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Weezie » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:57 pm

We have been going there for 6 years. We love the hotel and cannot say anything bad about it. The only drawback is that it is quite a way from the Getaway hotel, but we enjoyed the bus rides on the local bus. The little town of Bucerias that is within walking distance is great. We walked along the beach a few times a week. The Decameron resort is quite large and spread out with lots of things to see and do. We have stayed at a few hotels closer to the downtown, but prefere Decameron over all. If you have any questions let me know.

sonofdob
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sonofdob » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:31 pm

jacrozie...same as Wezzie, been there many times and love it and the surrounding area...let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll help you out, but overall a really nice place...sonofdob.

jacrozie
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by jacrozie » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:25 pm

Is there any great deals on mopeds around the hotel. :D I would never dream of taking one into PV, I have seen and been in the taxi there(wow). It just seems like a nice idea to rent a moped or two and check out the fishing village, the other hotels, and the area around Royal Decameron
:D
Jamie

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:37 pm

jacrozie wrote:Is there any great deals on mopeds around the hotel. :D I would never dream of taking one into PV, I have seen and been in the taxi there(wow). It just seems like a nice idea to rent a moped or two and check out the fishing village, the other hotels, and the area around Royal Decameron
:D
Jamie
Not sure but check out the (www.buceriasmexico.com). Maybe it will give you the answer you are looking for.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:38 pm

I am not sure about mopeds for rent but...The De Cameron has bicycles
on the Resort for guests use.
One can easily ride around the area on a bike . I would suggest adding a tush cushion..The cobblestones are a little Bum py.
:)

jacrozie
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by jacrozie » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:23 pm

I also see that the Royal Decameron has a car rental place. When we last visited PV in June 2005 we never rented a car since we stayed in the hotel zone and the downtown drivers are crazy. Staying away from PV it might be nice to rent a car and check some sites.

I have emailed a few car rental places and they have given me the run around. I can get a car for $25.00 a day but they dont want to let you know how much the insurance is. Seeing those taxi drivers down there I cant rent without insurance. Have you rented a car, or know were I should go?

I did check out the Buserias site and they were not helpful :shock:

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:49 pm

Sorry, can't be of much help as I have never rented a car in PV but have heard good things about Gecko Rent A Car (www.geckorentcar.com) in Bucerias. You may also want to check out this thread on Car rentals viewtopic.php?t=7693

jacrozie
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re: Royal Decameron information

Post by jacrozie » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:33 pm

I hear the nightly shows at the Royal Decameron are great, does anyone know if the drinks are free for there all inclusive guests in the Disco or just admission, some travel sites say they are and some say they are not.

Jamie

3 months, 10 days until paradise 8)

Weezie
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Weezie » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:41 pm

The drinks are included. It is part of the complex.

indy
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by indy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:53 pm

Ah yes.

The incredible RDC!!!

We go to PV every year and stayed at RDC in 04.

It was incredible.

Yes the drinks are free in the disco.

Yes there are bikes available and I do recommend taking them out for a spin thru a trail that runs into Bucerias.

We are planning on retuning to RDC this year as we do miss the unbelievable beaches and the resort.

PS...we have a few pics of the resort at:
http://community.webshots.com/album/112373160JMpQNp/0

Cheers!

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:45 am

Indy nice seeing you post again..
Enjoyed your photos taken at the RD and the photo posted of you and your lady at Andales! :)

jacrozie
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by jacrozie » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:30 pm

Thanks for the reply and the pictures, they were great !

We have 3 months and 3 days left before we can experience the RDC. It seems like forever but it was the only time my wife could get off from work. It is probably for the best since we just got a 10 week old long hair chihuahua. She will be potty trained by then for grandma

jamie

jacrozie
PV Fan
PV Fan

Beer , oh yes Beer

Post by jacrozie » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:39 am

Does anyone know what type of beer the Royal Decameron serves. :?:

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:52 am

DELETED

jacrozie
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by jacrozie » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:39 pm

dzitlow
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Royal Decameron: Best Building for Seniors?

Post by dzitlow » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:20 am

Weezie wrote:We have been going there for 6 years. We love the hotel and cannot say anything bad about it. The only drawback is that it is quite a way from the Getaway hotel, but we enjoyed the bus rides on the local bus. The little town of Bucerias that is within walking distance is great. We walked along the beach a few times a week. The Decameron resort is quite large and spread out with lots of things to see and do. We have stayed at a few hotels closer to the downtown, but prefere Decameron over all. If you have any questions let me know.
We will be visiting the Royal Decameron Dec 12-19. What is the best building to stay in that is closest to the Ocean? Are the rooms with 2 double beds? How can one make request for specific buildings/bed arrangements?

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:11 am

Quote:
Are the rooms with 2 double beds? How can one make request for specific buildings/bed arrangements?

I do not know for sure.. but I guess the same as anywhere...2 queens or 1 king!! :D

dzitlow
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Email Address for Royal Decameron? Elevators?

Post by dzitlow » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:44 pm

Plus4 wrote:Quote:
Are the rooms with 2 double beds? How can one make request for specific buildings/bed arrangements?

I do not know for sure.. but I guess the same as anywhere...2 queens or 1 king!! :D
Does anyone know the valid email address for Royal Decameron? What building complexes have elevators for mobility impaired? :?:

cside17
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by cside17 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:34 am

Building 3 is the only one with an elevator. Central to everything.

6 more days to go. Will be there July 1-15. You will love it, a great resort.

Would have been better had Mexico won today!