Mismaloya or Punta Negra Beach?

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Sue H
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Mismaloya or Punta Negra Beach?

Post by Sue H » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:53 am

We are traveling to PV for the 1st time in August. Looking for a condo on the beach that is kid friendly. Was considering either Mismaloya or Punta Negra. I just found out today that there is not much of a beach left at Mismaloya. We are trying to find a great cond complex on the beach, that also has good snorkeling and swimming. Traveling with a three, seven and thirteen year old. Any suggestions on a good condo complex on the beach with good swimming and snorkeling?

Appreciate any info. Thanks

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Condos

Post by Jennybean » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:48 pm

You might also consider looking at Conchas Chinas, or condos around Playa Girasol Sur...not quite as far south as Mismaloya.

Anything in those areas might fill the bill.

JWBW64A
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re: Mismaloya or Punta Negra Beach?

Post by JWBW64A » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:41 pm

Sue H wrote:We are traveling to PV for the 1st time in August. Looking for a condo on the beach that is kid friendly. Was considering either Mismaloya or Punta Negra. I just found out today that there is not much of a beach left at Mismaloya. We are trying to find a great cond complex on the beach, that also has good snorkeling and swimming. Traveling with a three, seven and thirteen year old. Any suggestions on a good condo complex on the beach with good swimming and snorkeling?

Appreciate any info. Thanks
Hi - I can confirm that the beach at Mismaloya currently is not kid friendly.
We just returned from the Hotel Barcelo and could not use the beach during our stay. Very rough waves and a very rocky bottom and beach.

Sue H
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Sue H » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:43 pm

Thanks Mike for the info on Mismaloya beach. We almost booked with the codo mismaloya because of this beach. Think we will look around at some of the other beaches in PV. Do you go to PV often?

Sue H

JWBW64A
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by JWBW64A » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:30 am

Sue H wrote:Thanks Mike for the info on Mismaloya beach. We almost booked with the codo mismaloya because of this beach. Think we will look around at some of the other beaches in PV. Do you go to PV often?

Sue H
Sue..we dont go often enough. This was our third trip. We actually stayed 2 nights at the Hotel Barcelo at Mismaloya - and really enjoyed ourselves, then went to the RIU Jalisco up in Nuevo Vallarta. Now, this was a beach.
Nice sand and a lot of waves to bodysurf and play in. My wife and I enjoyed it thoroughly. It fit your description of what you think of a good beach. We walked up the beach to Bucerias - 45 minutes - and it was all a decent beach. But couldnt recommend it for snorkeling - I have read that
the beaches up in Punta Mita are better suited for snorkeling. The water
in the Nuevo area isnt clear enough to snorkel in - its filled with a very fine
sand because of the waves.

rosie

Post by rosie » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:26 am

Playa Gemelas has a gorgeous and kid friendly beach. check out condos at Girasol Sur for rent.

desi
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by desi » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:11 pm

Probaby not a good beach for snorkeling but with it being the rainy season then I'm not sure where would be good for snorkeling but condo wise I could recommend www.Laplapa101.com. I met the owners the last time I was there and the condo is nice. It is in old town and on the main beach that the locals go to....might check it out It is two bedroom goodluck in finding what you want and I'm sure with all the help on this board you will be able to find what you are wanting. Enjoy

azul28
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by azul28 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:17 am

Girasol Sur at Playas Gemelas- vallarta-condos dot com is their own website, or google vallarta condo girasol sur for many other condos for rent by individual owners.
Its a beautiful beach. A bit out of town but much closer than Mismaloya. Close to Punta Negra but nicer beach.

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rossk » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:51 pm

azul28 wrote:Girasol Sur at Playas Gemelas- vallarta-condos dot com is their own website, or google vallarta condo girasol sur for many other condos for rent by individual owners.
Its a beautiful beach. A bit out of town but much closer than Mismaloya. Close to Punta Negra but nicer beach.

We noticed these condos when we stayed at the Presidente next door on our last trip. The beach is indeed quite nice, though not very deep at high tide. My main issue staying in this area is the distance to town. As we went everyday, and often liked to rest up back in our room for a while in the afternoon before returning for dinner, the drive back and forth ate up a lot of time. Otherwise, Girasol looked like a pretty good deal.

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rossk » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:56 pm

desi wrote:Probaby not a good beach for snorkeling but with it being the rainy season then I'm not sure where would be good for snorkeling but condo wise I could recommend www.Laplapa101.com. I met the owners the last time I was there and the condo is nice. It is in old town and on the main beach that the locals go to....might check it out It is two bedroom goodluck in finding what you want and I'm sure with all the help on this board you will be able to find what you are wanting. Enjoy
The La Palapa condos are a good deal if you want to be within walking distance to restaurants, shopping, etc. but the beach is public and very heavily used, with a walk connecting it to points north and south, and can be very crowded. There are no condo "grounds", you walk out the door into a public area. Many if not most other condos have more secluded beaches, where you'll be in the company of other complex guests, and not much else.