Los Palmares? South side.

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Sue H
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Los Palmares? South side.

Post by Sue H » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:48 am

Anyone have any information to share about this condo complex and it's beach? Thanks.

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rossk » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:34 pm

We have booked for 9 nights in October. Our decision was based mostly on what we've found online regarding the availability of the individual units, and the strong recommendation with a realtor we have dealt with. It's new, built in '99 I believe. I received one response from my inquiries from someone who had stayed there previously, saying that most of the photos online don't do the units justice, as they're supposed to be pretty nice. They are *wide* rather than *deep* and the living area and bedrooms are all oceanfront.

If by chance you're booking after October, I'd be glad to fill you in on the details when we return.

Sue H
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Sue H » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:15 pm

rossk wrote:We have booked for 9 nights in October. Our decision was based mostly on what we've found online regarding the availability of the individual units, and the strong recommendation with a realtor we have dealt with. It's new, built in '99 I believe. I received one response from my inquiries from someone who had stayed there previously, saying that most of the photos online don't do the units justice, as they're supposed to be pretty nice. They are *wide* rather than *deep* and the living area and bedrooms are all oceanfront.

If by chance you're booking after October, I'd be glad to fill you in on the details when we return.
Thanks Ross. We are actually going in August for 10 days. Traveling with a couple of little ones, so I'm hoping this place is family friendly. Looks to be and the beach looks really nice for swimming. The condo complex looks really nice. What condo unit are you staying in? Just wondering if we are looking at the same one. Have you been to PV before? This is our first time.
Susan

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rossk » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:50 pm

We're in 502. Our kids have grown a bit, they'll be 15 and 18 in Oct. Expect it to be very warm in Aug, you're still in the rainy season. The good news is the place should be nearly empty, and you'll have plenty of space for you and your young ones.

Yes, we've been to PV before, though not nearly as many times as some regulars here. Our last visit was in Oct 2004, and we decided then to make a point of bringing our kids the next time.

If you have any questions in general about PV, feel free to post here, and elsewhere, there's a wealth of experience that's there for the asking.

Ross

Sue H
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Sue H » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:44 am

rossk wrote:We're in 502. Our kids have grown a bit, they'll be 15 and 18 in Oct. Expect it to be very warm in Aug, you're still in the rainy season. The good news is the place should be nearly empty, and you'll have plenty of space for you and your young ones.

Yes, we've been to PV before, though not nearly as many times as some regulars here. Our last visit was in Oct 2004, and we decided then to make a point of bringing our kids the next time.

If you have any questions in general about PV, feel free to post here, and elsewhere, there's a wealth of experience that's there for the asking.

Ross
Yeah, I'm a little concerned about the hot weather in August, but it's the only time we can make the trip. I do like the thought of it not being crowded though. If you don't mind me asking, what rental agency did you go with?

Thanks for the good info about this site. I've already learned a lot just by reading some of the posts. It would be nice if they had a forum just for families with little ones.

Susan

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:18 am

hi sue, I think thats what the kids lounge is meant for. So families can get an idea of things to do for activitys and hotels and stuff so mabey when you get back you could write something in there for other families to see and learn from. I hope you and your family have a wonderfull vacation and enjoy yourselves.Look forward to reading your stories when you get back. :D

rosie

Post by rosie » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:25 am

haven't been inside but it looks gorgeous from the exterior. We ride past it 2x a day on the way to and from Playa Gemelas during our stay.

Sue H
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Sue H » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:51 pm

michelle/tyler wrote:hi sue, I think thats what the kids lounge is meant for. So families can get an idea of things to do for activitys and hotels and stuff so mabey when you get back you could write something in there for other families to see and learn from. I hope you and your family have a wonderfull vacation and enjoy yourselves.Look forward to reading your stories when you get back. :D
Thanks Michelle,
I guess I must of overlooked the Kid's Lounge. I thought it was a lounge for teenagers or something. Will definitely post something when we get back. I just hope we have a good time. I'm really worried about the rain and the humidity in August.
Susan

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rossk » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:20 pm

Sue H wrote:
rossk wrote: If you don't mind me asking, what rental agency did you go with?

Susan
There are a lot of good agencies, this website included, but we went with someone else. I don't think a plug for a competitor is what the moderators want to see, but you can email me at rossk41(at)yahoo(dot)com and I can fill you in.