royal decameron resort map?

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

worrywart
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
royal decameron resort map?

Post by worrywart » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:07 am

We are going to the royal decameron in July for the first time. I can't decide whether to request an oceanfront room or block 6. Any opinions would be much appreciated. We are a couple in our late 40's - no kids this trip! Does anyone have or know where I could find a map of the hotel?

jacrozie
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re: royal decameron resort map?

Post by jacrozie » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:34 am

worrywart wrote:We are going to the royal decameron in July for the first time. I can't decide whether to request an oceanfront room or block 6. Any opinions would be much appreciated. We are a couple in our late 40's - no kids this trip! Does anyone have or know where I could find a map of the hotel?
Hey there
I am taking my wife to the Royal Decameron at the end of September, this is our second trip down to PV in 15 months, and our first to the Royal Decameron. Could you give me an update when you get back

Jamie :D

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:40 am

Quote:
Does anyone have or know where I could find a map of the hotel?

I do know that several of the travel agencies in Calgary have a map of the De Cameron. :D

Pack earplugs for this resort.. :D
just my not so humble opinion.

cside17
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by cside17 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:50 pm

Request building 5, and you won't need earplugs. Adult only building. I have been told building #1, waterfront, is very noisy.

We are there July 1-15 with 2 kids. I requested #6, as it's the only one with adjoining rooms!

worrywart
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by worrywart » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:35 am

Jamie,

I'll be glad to give you an update when we get back. Can't wait to go!

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:04 pm

I once used a very un lady like word to describe the RD..I said it sucked. :D
I felt I would never go back to this resort but I won a 1 week A1 for 2 at the RD and of course we went back.
I looked at the RD with new eyes.
There are still a few things I do not like about the RD ..the main one being the noise.
If one should want to use the pools that are at the front of the Resort near the beach ..loud speakers blare from morning till around 5pm.
There is an adult pool at the rear of the complex but quite far from the beach.
If you are in block 4 ? and and a few other blocks one could hear the loud speakers well into the middle of the night coming from the disco..this over top of the air condioner.

That said..there are many pluses to the RD.
The location is one of my fav's in the PV area.
Miles of long beach to take walks or go horse back riding.
The grounds are simply beautiful .
The staff does a very good job.
Rooms are nice and very clean.
Several buffet and al a carte Restaurants that serve a large variety of good food.
The quaint village of Bucerias is just out the RD's front door .
Your question was very good and I am learning from it too. :)
I would go back to the Decameron but I too would request a room in a quiet area and spend a bit more time in the adult pool .
Evenings on the beach are nice. Grab a beach chair and park it as close to the Ocean as you can. Dig your toes into the sand and look at the sky.
Natures sounds take over and the noises from the bars are only a hum.
For many tourist this is a fav Resort.
The price is right for what you receive.

sonofdob
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sonofdob » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:37 pm

worrywart...there is an ariel photo of the RD at this site

http://www.decameron.com/Destinations/M ... n_pvr.html

looking at the photo...building 1 is in the foreground on the beach, to left and back a bit is building 2, directly behind building 1 is building 3, at the far right is building 4 and in the back right is building 5...the photo is a few years old and does not show building 6, but it is located immediately to the right of building 5. I prefer building 5 as it is adults only...as is it's pool. Building 1 is on the beach though and the view from your balcony can't be beat...the resort property is beautiful throughout and the nice thing is you can wander from building to building to try all the different pool areas...the pool area at building 1 is the activity centre, some may find that noisy, pool at building 3 is quiet, pool at building 4 is usually where the families gather as there is a wading pool there...as stated building 5 pool is adults only and very relaxing...the new building 6 pool is very large...there are bars at every pool...the nightly shows are in an outdoor ampitheatre behind building 3 and that can be loud between 10 and 11 each night, just go to the show...they are entertaining...have fun...you'll love this place...let me know if you have any other questions...sonofdob.

worrywart
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by worrywart » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:34 am

thanks alot for the info! I had found a map online but I didn't have any idea where building 6 was. Now I just have to decide between the ocean view and a quiet location. I'm sure either one has its benefits.

condor
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by condor » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:35 am

We have never been to the Royal Decameron but have heard good things about it. I am sure you will have a great time. I do know they have gained some very fine and talented staff in the last few months. Tino is the new activities director, Vidi a new member of the dance team. Both were on the staff at the Allegro for many years and good friends of ours. Tino had a chance for a promotion at the Decameron and jumped at it. I think he took Vidi along as a choreographer. Also I think they have a massage therapist named Edger that we knew for years. Look them up they are really great people. Tell them Hi from Mike and Cathy from Wisconsin. Tell Vidi we were on the bus the night of Fannies 20th birthday a few years back. I know she will remember that night . :lol:
Here is a picture of us print it and show them they will remember us. Image

Condor :8-))

kevbr
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re: royal decameron resort map?

Post by kevbr » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:41 pm

Enclosed is a Map of the Complex, you will enjoy !!!

http://www.angelfire.com/ks/ashworthst/HotelInfo.html