Villas Vallarta

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

loomis41973
PV Fan
PV Fan
Villas Vallarta

Post by loomis41973 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:27 am

Anyone stay here lately? We are booked for the last week of October. Was our only choice in PV with the vacation club package we bought...hope its an ok place. Any heads up on which rooms to ask for or to avoid?

loomis41973
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by loomis41973 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:30 pm

Anyone??????? This is part of canto del sol.

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:13 pm

We have stayed at the Canto del Sol every time we went to PV and we had access to the Villas Vallarta and vise versa. We also know several people who have stayed at the Villas and they really liked it. This is what I know ... The rooms are clean and well kept, the staff is super and the food is good (maybe great but I can't recall! but I'll find out for you) The pool is quite a bit smaller and quieter than the one at the Canto but the water is wet and refreshing! From what our friends said (and they used both pools) the action is at the Canto but if you want a quieter more relaxing atmosphere than the Villas was the place to chill out! You might have access to all the Canto ammenities but they were in the process of updating that in spring and I don't know if you still do or not. There are great shops, laundry facilities, restaurants and other fun stores to shop at the minute you step out of the hotel. It's awesome. We walked downtown many times, its an easy 20 minute walk and lots to see along the way. Just watch your step - the sidewalk is sometimes a little uneven. We walked back in the dark as well, no troubles. Taxi service is right outside the hotel, just ask the bellman he will help you if you need to negotiate a price.
I'll also find out for you which rooms our friends said are the best. What would you prefer? Ever been to PV before? If not, you will love it. Hope this helps a little until I can get more info for you.

Joyce

loomis41973
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by loomis41973 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:17 pm

Thank you for your reply. Yes...we have been to PV twice and loved it both times. We are not doing the AI. Was just kinda leary because we booked it through Great Vacations CLub which we bought at a time share presentation last year. This is the first time we have used it and hope it all works out well.

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:25 pm

You won't have to worry about the hotel it will be great I'm sure. I won't have the answers to your other questions until tomorow or the day after. Do you know if you have access to the Canto del Sol pool or restaurants?

Joyce

loomis41973
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by loomis41973 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:16 pm

From what i understand we can use the pool and beach at canto and any activities. We have a different color wristband so they know we are not entitiled to food and drink from what i have read.

Cassandra
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Cassandra » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:27 pm

We stayed at the Villas March '05 for a week. We were on the 2nd floor up from the desk....I wouldn't recommend that! They have one of those old noisy printers and run off their reports late at night (well 11 or 12 I guess, I'm an early to bed person). As well at the crack of dawn (and I mean the crack of dawn) they start running their carts down the hallway for the kitchen....like about a hundred of them - it may as well be a herd of elephants. The first morning that happened I thought we were in a war zone - I woke up with palpatations. After we realized what it was all you could do was laugh! It's really a very large hotel and there are all kinds of rooms. Seriously, you could walk (and you will if you eat at the special restaurant) for an hour just to find the restaurant....The pool area is small but I really liked it because we got FIRST CLASS BAR SERVICE from the super friendly waiters that treated us better than some of our family does. If you like a cozy atmosphere you'll like the pool area. If you like noise and lots of people you'll like it over at the Canto. We were there during spring break so it'll probably be totally different when you're going! You're not doing the AI so that's probably a good thing. Villas food didn't do a thing for me except on the last day when they served up jumbo shrimp just as fast as that little lady could fry it. We ate at the Canto and loved every meal pretty much. Ate out only once just for something to do and to get a feed of shrimp at Aye Carumba. One thing about this place is the location. I enjoyed the location - kind of at a the quiet end of the hotel zone but close to everything you need also. Where else have you stayed? Also, because we were located kind of at ground level we had no balcony but what was worse than that was we couldn't really use our "lanai" because people were always walking by us so no privacy and I didn't feel overly secure at that level either. We could have asked for a different room but were too lazy and it's just a place to sleep anyways. We just lounged by the pool and got bar service til bedtime and that was just as quiet and relaxing as a balcony would have been. You'll figure out a way to enjoy your stay I'm sure. You've been to PV before so you should know what to expect at a 2-3 star hotel, right! Enjoy.

loomis41973
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by loomis41973 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:43 pm

Thank you Cassandra. We have stayed at Samba in Nuevo..liked the property but not the location, and a condo at the Holiday Inn..loved the accomodations and the location. Just wanted to make sure it wasnt a dump as we are taking my wifes stepdad and friend. Cant wait to return....October is a long ways away...lol

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:57 am

Cassandra..Nice to see you on the board again.
I enjoy the way you write.
I am still smiling..

I think you best write here more often ..please! :)

loomis41973
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by loomis41973 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:24 pm

We are in rooms 714 and 715 if that helps anyone.

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:39 am

loomis41973 wrote:We are in rooms 714 and 715 if that helps anyone.
Sorry, I said I would get back to you and then I totally forgot. Anyways, our friend who stayed there said the same thing as Cassandra about the noisy carts, check to make sure you are not close to the kitchen hallway. Other than that, he said he enjoyed the quietness of the place compared with the activity at the Canto. He stayed there twice so that's a good thing.
If you see Lupita at the little convenience store beside the Villas tell her Alegria says Hola!

Joyce

loomis41973
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by loomis41973 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:08 pm

Does anyone know if you are now allowed to use Canto del sol property? I heard they quit allowing but are now back to letting you use it. Thanks for all your replys so far.

mikeneubauer
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by mikeneubauer » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:13 am

Hi
We were there in Jan . WE were allowed to use the pool,the beach,the snack bar by the beach and the poolside bar. We could use the whole place for 10 bucks a nite per person more.They just change the color of wrist band.

Mike