Molino de Agua

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Molino de Agua

Post by rossk » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:53 pm

We were planning on spending our first night in Vallarta this October at Molino de Agua, and are interested in any current info on the property. Tho we liked it very much 2 yrs ago, it looked like maintenance was starting to slip, and there was a thread a while back regarding the property being up for sale. We're looking at 2 junior suites right on Los Muertos, does anyone have any recent experience there?

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:31 pm

Sorry to say but it is closed and is in the process of being torn down.

DonnaMark
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re: Molino de Agua

Post by DonnaMark » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:46 pm

rossk wrote:We were planning on spending our first night in Vallarta this October at Molino de Agua, and are interested in any current info on the property. Tho we liked it very much 2 yrs ago, it looked like maintenance was starting to slip, and there was a thread a while back regarding the property being up for sale. We're looking at 2 junior suites right on Los Muertos, does anyone have any recent experience there?
Really sad to hear its finally been sold and being torn down. We have had some good times there. Probably the last of the old style resorts.
If you like the area, across Aquiles Serdan is DeAlba Jr suites. We stay there often, nice home atmosphere. They have a web site. Tell Manuel and Pepe we sent ya!

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rossk » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:09 pm

palapa_gal wrote:Sorry to say but it is closed and is in the process of being torn down.
OMG, I hadn't expected that. I'm glad we're taking our teenagers (for their first time) with us, so that they can see the town as it is now. It seems *modernization* and *progress* are inevitable, and we're going to miss Molino. The view last time from our veranda right on the beach was wonderful. I'm sure whatever replaces it will be plusher, more comfy etc., but it won't be the same. Thanks for the info.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Molino de Agua Hotel, Puerto Vallarta Mexico

Post by webmaster » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:30 pm

That's really sad to hear, Molino de Agua Hotel, was always a stop on our way around town, the fountains, the trees, it was all so nice, last time I even went with my 2 year old boy to enjoy the place... Will be missed, a lot!

Mogens

skyscraper
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by skyscraper » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:44 pm

My memory of the Molino is that my wife and I stopped in one afternoon to have a drink by the pool. After a few minutesa snake wandered in from the sandy lot next door. All of the staff ran like they were being pursued by the devil. I have no particular fear of snakes, so continued sitting in my pool chair and continued to sip my drink. I became a little more concerned when the snake decided to crawl up the table right next to me and sun himself. I became a little bit more concerned when a staff member shouted "Senior Poison". It was about that time that I sprang up from my chair and crossed the middle on the pool and never even got the bottom of my feet wet. Evantually 3 or 4 staff members got together brooms and shovels and convinced the snake to return from whence he came. Ain't been back there since.