??? All Inclusive resorts

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

sandi.g
PV Fan
PV Fan
??? All Inclusive resorts

Post by sandi.g » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:08 pm

We are going to PV November 4th- YAY!!!! and our niece and nephew (adults) are going with us to celebrate my "mega-birthday" (cincuenta). They are staying at Grand Marival which is all-inclusive. We are staying at Grand Mayan, so will not be at an all-inclusive. We have no experience with all-inclusive resorts. Can you tell me anything about them...how they work....do they not have any kitchen things in the rooms, like coffee makers. Anything will help! Thanks everyone! Sandi

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Inclusive Or Not

Post by smitty » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:38 pm

Hi Sandi , good question because "all inclusive" depends on where you are staying . Photocopy and bring all details about the AI package your relatives received upon booking the package . When they get to the resort and check in they will get a print out of what is "all inclusive ". Often these details will be relayed during an indoctrination meeting - usually held shortly after you arrive. Unless its spelled out in the AI package - things like coffee makers , water , pay tv , internet , booze and food /snacks in room , room service ,servi bar etc- are added on your bill -at a very high premium. You won't be able to leave the hotel without paying these charges.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:32 pm

Hola Sandi.g - another thing, some "all-inclusives" will talk about only "domestic" alcoholic beverages etc... so that means that it will be local beers, mexican labeled booze, etc... now some will have a modified all-inclusive that will include your breakfast and lunch but dinner is at your expense, same with snacks and munchies. so it will all just depend on what their set up is. Do you have the opportunity to buy an all-inclusive package at the Grand Mayan or not? I am not sure how they are set up with convenience to grocery stores etc. to stock your room if it has a refrig, stove, etc... just some other things to check on as well... but usually so many things are covered at your orientation to the resort...

have a great time in Vallarta....

sandi.g
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by sandi.g » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:45 pm

tojol57 wrote:Hola Sandi.g - another thing, some "all-inclusives" will talk about only "domestic" alcoholic beverages etc... so that means that it will be local beers, mexican labeled booze, etc... now some will have a modified all-inclusive that will include your breakfast and lunch but dinner is at your expense, same with snacks and munchies. so it will all just depend on what their set up is. Do you have the opportunity to buy an all-inclusive package at the Grand Mayan or not? I am not sure how they are set up with convenience to grocery stores etc. to stock your room if it has a refrig, stove, etc... just some other things to check on as well... but usually so many things are covered at your orientation to the resort...

have a great time in Vallarta....
Tom, no Grand Mayan does not have All-Inclusive. It is the "kids" staying at Grand Marival that have it. When hubby and I have stayed at Grand Mayan before, we take a few things with us from home and go to Wal-Mart and buy a few things for our kitchen. Just snacks and drinks. I don't cook on vacation!! Personally, I like to get away and try different places for my meals so an AI would not suit our needs. And I don't drink enough to make it worth my money in alcohol! LOL! We like to explore Vallarta! This AI is a new venture and we will have to learn about it on this trip. When I read Tripadvisor it looks like there are good and bad reviews, so we will have to make up our minds for ourselves! I hope the kids like this and have a wonderful time there.

Thanks for the info. We will have to be very clear when we check them in so they know exactly what they are and aren't entitiled to. They are rookies at the whole "vacation" thing and we must train them right! :) Sandi

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:17 pm

Non-Smoking Rooms Available Some Rooms
Handicap Accessible Hotel Yes
Number of Handicap Equipped Rooms 2
On-Site Shopping Multiple Shops
Room Service Available Yes
Room Service Hours Limited
Babysitting Services Available Yes, Fees May Apply
Babysitting Service Types On-Site
Rollaway Beds Yes, Complimentary
Cribs Yes, Complimentary
24-Hour Front Desk Yes
Wake Up Calls All Rooms
Concierge Yes
Porter/Bellhop Available Yes
Baggage Check Available Yes, Fees May Apply
Courtesy Room Yes, Fees May Apply
Safety Deposit Box Available Yes, Fees May Apply
ATM Available Yes
Business Services On-Site Yes, Fees May Apply
Description of Business Center:
Whether you cannot tear yourself away from the office or wish to stay in touch with your loved ones, services include internet, telephone, fax, copy machines, secretarial services, and Green Fee reservations.

*Wireless connection now available
Enjoy our new convenient and easy to access wireless connection, available in our Convention Center and Foyer, as well, Grand Lobby areas.
24 hour unlimited use - $10 USD charge (Please visit business center)
*Price subject to change
Internet Access Terminal Yes, Fees May Apply
Housekeeping Daily
Laundry Service Yes, Fees May Apply
Laundry Service Type Valet & Self-Serve
Self Parking Yes, Complimentary
Valet Parking Yes, Fees May Apply
Primary Airport Name PVR
Distance to Primary Airport Within 5 miles (8km)
Secondary Airport Name GDL
Distance to Secondary Airport More Than 60 miles (96km)

Bedding Options Available:
2 double beds or 1 king and sofa bed
Air Conditioning All Rooms
Alarm Clock/Radio All Rooms
Coffee/Tea Maker All Rooms
Telephones All Rooms
Tub and/or Shower Tub & Shower
Hairdryer All Rooms
Iron/Ironing Board All Rooms
Television All Rooms
Cable/Satellite Television All Rooms
In-Room Safe All Rooms
Microwave All Rooms
Refrigerator In Room All Rooms
Room Opens to Balcony/Patio All Rooms
Outdoor Furniture Yes

All rooms have one bedroom with 2 bathrooms as well as a spacious living area and also include air conditioning, television, vanity mirror, telephone and balcony or patio from living room. Refrigerators are stocked daily with bottled water, beer, and soft drinks. In room safes are at an additional $2 daily charge. Suite section does not have elevators.
Number of Restaurants On Site 6
Casa Bella Restaurant: Coffee shop serving breakfast, lunch and dinner with buffet

Terraza Portofino: Snack bar offers breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Bellavista: A la Carte Italian restaurant open for dinner only.

La Pergola: International cuisine restaurant. Offers a la carte, salad bars and desserts for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Las Palomas: A la carte for dinner. The most exquisite Mexican cuisine.

La Bamba: Snack bar serving lunch and dinner.

Clients can pre-reserve their dinner reservations for the specialty restaurants prior to their arrival at the hotel by emailing Pedro Ortiz at portiz@clubmarival.com. (Reservations will not be taken for December 24, 2005 - January 2, 2006)

*Reservations may be made between 7 and 5 days prior to arrival. Reservations will not be accepted December 24, 2006 - January 2, 2007.

Some restaurants may only operate on select schedules. Some restaurants may require reservations and expect appropriate dress. Consult the hotel upon arrival for hours of operation, reservation policies and dress codes.
Number of Lounges/Bars On Site 7
Volare - Lobby bar, in the evening live music and dance floor.

Mirabel - Lobby bar ocean view terrace.

Miramar and La Palapa - Swim up pool bar with a marvelous view of the bay.

Terrazza Portofino - Terrace bar, surrounded by palm trees and flowers.

M&M Bar- Terrace Bar offering an extraordinary view of the bay and specializing in margaritas and martinis.

ENTERTAINMENT

Entertainment On Site Yes
Be sure not to miss the action when the sun goes down stopping by their newly renovated Theater for some of the best entertainment in town from live shows, Mexican Fiesta, and the best tunes at Cesar’s Disco.

Nightly shows include a sizzling Tropical evening, a night out on Broadway, a step back in time to the 70’s and 80’s, and a night in the land of Magic Dreams.

Recreation & Activities

RECREATION & ACTIVITIES

Activities/Tour Desk Yes
Beach Type Public
Beach Access Direct
Description of Pools:
Four outdoor swimming pools including activities pool with swim up bar, adults only pool, Grand pool with swim up bar and Jacuzzi for adults, and a pool dedicated for Kid’s activities including waterslides. Pools are heated only during winter months.
Number of Swimming Pools 4
Number of Wading Pools 1
Adult Outdoor Pools Are Heated All Pools
Swim-up Pool Bars Yes
Non-Motorized Water Sports Available Yes, Complimentary
Kayaks, Boogie boards, Windsurfing, Sailing, and Snorkeling equipment are all part of the fun at Marival.
Motorized Water Sports Available No

Gameroom/Arcade On Site Yes
Children's Activity Program Yes, Complimentary
KIDS CLUB (ages: 4-12 yrs): New playground area, mini golf, mini-repelling, kids “movie” area, camping nights, new activities program.

NEW TEEN ACTIVITIES (age: 13-17 yrs): Rock climbing, archery, soccer field, basketball, pool table, ping pong, darts, Nintendo and Playstation game room, bikes, volleyball, camping nights.
Children's Play Area Yes
Bike Rental On Site Yes, Complimentary
Moped Rental On Site No
Tennis Courts Available Yes, Complimentary
Number of Tennis Courts On Site 4
Number of Lighted Tennis Courts On Site 4
Tennis Equipment Rental Available Yes, Fees May Apply

FITNESS & SPA FACILITIES

Fitness Center Yes, Fees May Apply
Hot Tubs/Jacuzzis - Indoor 1
Hot Tubs/Jacuzzis - Outdoor 0
Sauna Available Yes, Fees May Apply
Spa Available Yes, Fees May Apply
Steam Room Available No

WEDDING SERVICES

Wedding Services On Site Yes
Please contact the hotel directly for more information.

GOLF AMENITIES

Golf Course On Site No
Distance to Off Site Golf Course Within 10 miles
Off Site Golf Shuttle No

ALL INCLUSIVE INCLUSIONS
Valid Booking Dates: Jan 3, 2006-Dec 15, 2007
Valid Travel Dates: Jan 3, 2006-Dec 15, 2007
All meals
Domestic and International beverages
Entertainment
Daily activities
Taxes and Gratuities
KIDS STAY FREE - GRAND AND CLUB ROOMS
Valid Booking Dates: Feb 7, 2004-Dec 16, 2006
Valid Travel Dates: Feb 7, 2004-Dec 16, 2006
Maximum of 2 children through the age of 6 stay free in existing bedding with at least 2 adults. Children ages 7-12 are surcharged. (November 01, 2006-December 16, 2006)

mhahn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mhahn » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:10 am

Next time I need to look up resort info, I will just post a question for you, GREAT cut and paste job (at least I think it was, or was it from memory?!)
you do good work!

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:23 am

Cut and paste, no memory. I'm a drooling idiot. :lol:

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:51 pm

have another single malt scotch on the rocks and your memory will be twice a good Chuck... you know that... LOL

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:06 pm

That sounds like a great idea, if I was not subbing freshman algebra today.
Guess that's the first thing on my agenda this evening.

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:41 am

I'd be hitting the bottle BEFORE the algebra class.

Joyce

mhahn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mhahn » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:14 am

My son-in-law teaches freshman algebra, I won't hold it against you- he makes awesome mexican food!

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:17 pm

I really make great Mexican food also. At resturants I always try to eat something different and this is the only time my memory works well. I can go home and recreat the dish.

I know I should be posting recipes on our food site, but when I cook it's like the way my abuelitas used to cook. No absolute formula, do what ever it takes to make it taste right.

My favorite Mexican dishes to cook:
Carnitas
Enchiladas con pollo y caso
fijoles
arroz
Camarones con miel y chipotle
Camarones ala diabla
Fajitas
Carne asada
[rocks]

MaydayIT
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by MaydayIT » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:43 am

chuck wrote:Cut and paste, no memory. I'm a drooling idiot. :lol:
Drooling or not, that's the most comprehensive set of info I've seen on a hotel. Are you sourcing that from a site, or other info? I'd love to get a list that complete on other hotels.

Derek

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:25 am

A lot of the info I get about resorts come straight from the descriptions on the FunJet, MLT and Apple web sites. If someone asks, I do a quick cut and paste so they get what they need.

I need a hobby....other than drinking.

tequilagirl
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by tequilagirl » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:43 pm

Chuck... You're not a Venerable PV Semi-God for no reason my friend!!
Respect for your research!
( Now can you just get me Daniel Craig's phone number!!! :D )

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:30 pm

DELETED

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:10 pm

mexibeach wrote:
chuck wrote:I really make great Mexican food also. At resturants I always try to eat something different and this is the only time my memory works well. I can go home and recreat the dish.

I know I should be posting recipes on our food site, but when I cook it's like the way my abuelitas used to cook. No absolute formula, do what ever it takes to make it taste right.

My favorite Mexican dishes to cook:
Carnitas
Enchiladas con pollo y caso
fijoles
arroz
Camarones con miel y chipotle
Camarones ala diabla
Fajitas
Carne asada
[rocks]
Amigo, have you tried your hand at making Puerco Pibil? I finally got the proper quantity of ingredients for the portion of pork and was pleased with the results. In the past I used too many annatto seeds which ended up being overwhelming... Last week I perfected it and was soooooo pleased; this dish rocks!!! Now I search for the proper ingredients around town to make a decent molé!!! We had the best chicken molé last visit and I'm trying to duplicate here... difficult with virtually no latin influence around here.... but I am determined....
Bretta, I have a great chicken mole recipe which I have made several times. Unfortunately, my recipe is closer in proximity to you than I am, being that it´s in my cupboard in Burlington about 30 miles from you. I can give it to you when I get home, though.

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:53 am

DELETED

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:00 pm

mexibeach wrote:
ellen wrote:Bretta, I have a great chicken mole recipe which I have made several times. Unfortunately, my recipe is closer in proximity to you than I am, being that it´s in my cupboard in Burlington about 30 miles from you. I can give it to you when I get home, though.
OH!!! That would be wonderful. I asked mi amiga at work (from Mexico) and she tells me she buys it in a can :? Needless to say, I was shocked!!
I was shocked at the thought of canned mole first too but I bought some a couple of weeks ago and then I was shocked again when it was so good. Now I´m wondering why I ever bothered to make it from scratch. You may want to give it a try. Actually, the stuff I tried is in a jar, not a can.

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:58 pm

DELETED