Trip Report to the Golden Crown Paradise March 11 - 19

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru
Trip Report to the Golden Crown Paradise March 11 - 19

Post by lojol60 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:19 am

Just returned home from 9 wonderful days (March 11 – 19) at the Golden Crown Paradise in Puerto Vallarta Mexico and can’t wait to go back in Nov!! This was our 20th time to the resort In 13 years. From the moment we arrived until we departed the service and staff were top-notch! We booked our transportation from the airport to the resort through puertovallarta.net (VIP Services) and would highly recommend them.

It was great to be welcomed by all of our wonderful friends/staff at the GCP, but it was especially exciting to see our friend Poly who is back working at the resort after his terrible car accident almost a year ago. He has had a long road to recovery and looks great! We had dinner at both specialty restaurants Salvadors (with Bruno and his staff) and Paradise (with Alberto and his staff) and both were very good. The sexy coffee they make is quite a show and a wonderful treat! We had breakfast with our friend Poly at either Paradise or Los Gallos every morning. The Return Guest Dinner Monday night on the beach was the best one yet. Chef Santos and his staff did an excellent job!

We also dined at The Blue Shrimp and had the shrimp boat which was to die for. We also dined at Teatro Limon twice and both times were outstanding. Chef Bruce and his wife Julia along with their staff make your dining experience top notch from the moment you arrive until you depart. If you leave here hungry, it is your own fault!! Come hungry! A great dining experience worth every peso!

Nightly shows at Club Nitro were very good! Jorge along with all of his wait staff took very good care of us. Always had a drink in front of us and always remembered what we were drinking. The Activities staff does a great job putting on the shows after working all day. They never cease to amaze us with their energy and spirit.

Hilda, our maid, took very good care of us. She is so talented making many different animals out of towels, wash cloths, etc. and always had a smile on her face along with a daily hug. We would also Sunbust every day with our friend Paco. If you haven’t given them a try, it is a must. It helps you get a wonderful tan without burning and keeps your skin so soft and subtle and the mini massage is awesome!

We did treat ourselves to massages at the resort and they were very good. We were so relaxed that we almost missed dinner that evening!!

We did a day trip to Sayulita with our friends Janet and Chris. We walked over to Wal-Mart and took the bus to Sayulita. It is such a fun experience and we love going!! We love checking out the food that the vendors sell on the beach. Never been disappointed and always very tasty!!

We went to visit our friends Tom and Jo on Tuesday. They rented a condo for a month at the Dreams Villa Magna Condos in Riviera Nayarit. We spent most of the day and evening with them and had a great time catching up.

It was hard to say good bye to everyone at the Golden Crown Paradise but knowing that we will be going back in Nov. does help some! Kudos to the entire staff at the Golden Crown Paradise! We love and miss you and can’t wait to come back home in Nov!!

Tom & Lorrie

chrissy371
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

reviews

Post by chrissy371 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:15 pm

glad to see you back on the forum tojo. i usually dont post, but love to read about all the goings on in pv. this will be our last year at villa del mar so you can imagine how long we have been going there. hope to rent something after our ts is done. i will always love pv...chris

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:04 pm

thanks Chris, it has been a while since Lorrie and i have been on the board... and we are going to try to get back to regular posting after taking some time off for each other, for family, and stuff....

thanks again

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:23 pm

Glad to see you had yet another great stay at your favorite place. Really hoping to get back to P.V. SOMETIME. It just keeps getting put off.

fishpuertovallarta
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re: Trip Report to the Golden Crown Paradise March 11 - 19

Post by fishpuertovallarta » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:12 am

Your trip report helps me to make a positive view of the Golden Crown Paradise. I am planning my next trip to Puerto Vallarta and I think it the right place to stay. Thanks for sharing this post.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:24 pm

fishpuertovallarta, do note the report is 10 years old. Furthermore I think you already are in Puerto Vallarta, no?

Greetings

Webmaster

songofthesea
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by songofthesea » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:42 pm

Is the hotel still open? Would it be available for booking starting April?