Is there something I dont know??? Just got back yesterday.

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

hayjade
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Is there something I dont know??? Just got back yesterday.

Post by hayjade » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:16 am

Just got back from PV yesterday, this was my second trip there...first time was back in march....not during spring break, during the week, it was very festive there and the sheraton was buzzing. There was a band and dancing nightly and the town was crowded...this time(during thankgiving week) the hotel was dead....no dancing, no band, the hotel bar was pathetic... the town was not as crowded with americans though I saw much more locals than before. There was NO waiting at any restaurant ever and that included the popular pipis, ( I had always heard there was always a wait)...

Is there something I dont know? Is there a reason PV was a bit slow during a time I would have expected a big crowd? :?
Also the airport coming and going was very quiet, no line for customs( that part was GREAT!!) :D

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:01 pm

Just my opinion, but sometimes depending Thanksgivng Holiday is for family at home... so there isnt' many of us that travel at this time, we will do it during Christmas and New Years for some reason, maybe because we get an extended holiday break or something... we usually go in February and trust me you want crowded... that is when everybody wants out of the cold, the snow, and ice of the midwest and Canada... now that is when there are some long waits, long lines, and parties all over town... and it could have been just an off year for people wanting to travel over thanksgiving, especially since the weather was so great here in the Midwest... 60's for more than a week, but that is now ending fast... yesterday's hi was 66 + degrees around Iowa, and now today it is 28 degrees and falling... lows tonight will be 12 degrees.... so now i want to go...

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:03 pm

As Tom stated, Thanksgiving is the holiday when most people in the US "go home" for that weekend. Got to see Mom and Dad and the rest of the family. Now Christmas is different, families sometimes us a vacation as their gift. We have taken several at Christmas, but have now since we have a granddaughter, we postpone that trip till the first or second week in Jan. We will be on the Riviera Maya Jan 12.