First Christmas in PV

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

mhahn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
First Christmas in PV

Post by mhahn » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:42 pm

BUt not our last! Had a great relaxing time at the Golden Crown Paradise. Direct flight from PDX was a super bonus. Weather upon arrival was very cloudy but warm. Next day the sun was out and we had all blue skies for the next 7 days.
The back wall of the new Sorianna Store is what you see now when you walk out of the GCP and beside it to the right is the round 4 story office building complex which still does not look much occupied. There is a street now that goes through to the new store before you get to the Marina gate. Spent some time Xmas Eve at the store doing last minute shopping, actually it was quite fun.

We had a honeymoon suite room, the outside jacuzzi was new and the room had been newly painted and the wood trim and closet doors stained a lighter color. The room was kept immaculate, the ouside frig worked great and only once we did not get all our towels returned, but we still had plenty, so no problem.

There were special menus for Christmans Eve and Christmas Day at the Paradise Restaurant. Poly was in great form as usual. The food at Salvador's and Paradise was so good we did not even make a reservation for the restaurants next door (sister hotel). When we were there last May we received 3 tickets to use for reservations at the sister hotel, but this time only got 2. Friday night was returning guests dinner on the beach, meal provided by Salvador's, it was chicken in a sauce, I thought it was good, and an oyster flavored soup that was yummy. It was a small group this time, but I think it is a nice effort provided by the hotel. New Public Relations person, Lorena, she had just started 4 days prior to our arrival.

Good News; the overpass construction just south of the Hotel has provided a real size sidewalk to use to walk over the river and the little rickey steel bridge that was on the other side of the 6" sidewalk is gone!!

The new Peninnsula Condos look almost ready (at least the first tower) the beginning of the complex is a shopping center that includes a Starbucks, Chili's Restaurant, a Riu Restaurant (which I was told is a good mexican based restaurant) some upscale shops and banks.

We spent time at Angie's Day Spa, out the front of the GCP, about 4 blocks to your right, then cross the street, very resonable prices and great services.

The Christmas decorations were nice but for some reason I thought there would be more. Spending Christmas day floating in the pool listening to Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer was a good tradition to start!

Aldo everybody's favorite bartender is still not back at work in any capacity, he does come in on Fridays and meets with the Food & Beverage Manager.

Hubby and I make two trips to downtown, once to Burro's bar, the best margarita (IMO) and tried to have lunch, but for some reason, we kind of got forgotten about and after waiting forever, gave up, and left after our drinks. It was Christmas Eve day and it was quite crowded in town. the next time to town just to get the essentails that I always bring back.

The weather was perfect, a little cool in the mornings and evenings, but just right during the day, and blue skies prevailed. the locals would be wearing fleece vests and hoods in the morning, as I left for my walk in shorts and a tshirt.

Well back to torential rain, wind, and gray skies- oh well, there is next time jsut around the corner!

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:55 pm

The Golden Crown Paradise really does sound like a good resort and to get the honeymooon suite even better....
I am dreaming of a... Christmas in Puerto Vallarta ...next year..
Probably will be home for Christmas day as one of my adult sons still wants to be with Mom Christmas day....
but we would be able to join in on a few of the Christmas special events and hear the Christmas tunes (like you did) while being lazy in the pool...

Very Nice report.. :)

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:22 pm

DELETED

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Christmas In PV

Post by smitty » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:29 pm

Definitely a Christmas to remember . Honeymoon suite, eh ? Posh ! :)

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:32 am

Nice report and great update. Thanks.

Winnipeg gal 1
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by Winnipeg gal 1 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:49 am

Great report,sounds like a wonderful time. :)