My PV Trip Report- Part 1 (Hotel Rosita)

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Deb1741
PV Fan
PV Fan
My PV Trip Report- Part 1 (Hotel Rosita)

Post by Deb1741 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:22 am

My friend Mike and I were in PV Jan 20-28. We both had an awesome time and look forward to the next trip. We stayed at the Hotel Rosita which is nothing fancy but was very clean and the people were very helpful. The best part of the Rosita was its location- I love being right downtown. We upgraded to a oceanside room which definately needs to be done- the street side would have been noisy with all the traffic. There were two nights (Sat) where there was noise from teens partying but the other nights it was quiet except for the waves hitting the shore.

The trip started out quite interesting for my friend Mike. He flew in from Toronto through Houston and I flew in from Montana through Salt Lake City. He was supposed to get to PV about 1 1/2 hrs before me and was to wait for me so we could go to the hotel together. Well, my flight got in and I went through customs. I went to where we were supposed to meet and he wasn't there. There was a sea of people so we could have been 15 feet from each other and not see each other. I waited a hour and decided to go ahead and get a taxi and check into the hotel- hoping he had decided to do that ahead of me. I got to the hotel and he wasn't there. I finally went and check the airlines website and it said that his airplane was just taxing up to the PV terminal. Well, a little before 8pm, he walked through the door and told me what had happened. After his flight had taken off from Houston, the pilot had a heart attack and died. They had to turn around and fly back to Texas to a small airport. They had to wait for the pilot's body to be taken off and then they all had to go through customs again since the plane had flown into Mexico. They then had to wait until a new crew could be located and flown into the airport. The flight ended up being about 6 hours late getting into PV. What an unbelievable start to a vacation especially for a person that had never been anywhere out of Ontario except to come to Montana to visit me.

The #1 highlight of the trip was the Malecon. Staying at the Rosita was perfect because we were right at the north end of the Malecon- we walked it 3-4x a day. I loved the entire atmosphere of it, especially at night with all the families, entertainment, and food booths. The sand art was so awesome- there was something added everyday we were there.

The #2 highlight of the trip was snorkeling. OMG- it was wonderful, even though the day we went it was windy and the water was a little murky. I am definately going to snorkel again.

Well, thats it for my first report- I have to go pick up my grandson. I write more as soon as I can.
Deb

pop&fresh

possitive

Post by pop&fresh » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:37 am

what a nice report
gathering from the information youve given , i think you might have to travel back a little more often

bruce

Winnipeg gal 1
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by Winnipeg gal 1 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:51 am

Great report, thanks :)

pdxbuff
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pdxbuff » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:38 am

Phew! It must have been quite an experience. I remember seeing the story concerning the pilot on the news but this is the first person's tale concerning their ordeal with the event that I have seen. Glad you eventually made it.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:13 pm

WOW, that is quite the adventure in travelling. Glad that Mike finally made it to Pto Vallarta. Good insights on the Hotel Rosita. Hope to see you making many more adventures to Vallarta. as well as parts 2, part 3, part 4 of the adventures for Deb and Mike....

thanks for sharing you stories

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:31 pm

Great report. :D Looking forward to reading more about your adventures.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

PV Report

Post by smitty » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:24 pm

Rough start to the vacation but things certainly got better ! :)

Deb1741
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Deb1741 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:07 pm

Yea Smitty, it was a rough start especially for Mike as he hasn't flown very much. He said the whole incident was surreal- like watching a movie with him in the middle of it. Everything was going smootly when the co-pilot came over the intercom and asked if there was a dr or a nurse on the plane. There was a dr and he went up front. Everyone started wondering what was going on but it didn't alarm too many people. About 10-15 minutes later, the co-pilot came back on and asked if there was a licensed pilot on board. There was and that person went up front. By then everyone was like omg what is going on. He said it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. About 10-15 minutes after that the co-pilot came back on and informed everyone that the pilot had had a massive heart attack and that they tried everything but couldn't save him. He told the passengers that they were safe but that they had to fly back into Texas. My friend Mike said that lots of people, including the dr and the flight attendants were crying. It was a sad time for everyone involved.
Deb

pop&fresh

sad

Post by pop&fresh » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:36 pm

its interesting how we griev for strangers

thede feeling come onto people who are genuinely beautifull in there own heart

bruce

lanhawk
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by lanhawk » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:38 pm

Great report, I been to PV several times and always have a hard time remembering all the things I did. :lol:

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rossk » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:47 pm

lanhawk wrote:Great report, I been to PV several times and always have a hard time remembering all the things I did. :lol:
Same here, tho I always attributed it to too much tequila and cervezas...

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:45 am

Thanks for the report, we have walked past the Rosita many times and have said what a great location it is. Im so glad you had a good time and Mike finally made it down. What an experience.

Joyce