Our 2nd Trip to Golden Crown Paradise

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru
Our 2nd Trip to Golden Crown Paradise

Post by sjl330 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:40 am

We just returned from our 2nd vacation at the GCP and all I can say is WOW! We had a wonderful time. The only negative was we only went for 1 week instead of 10 days or 2 weeks. Next time. We met Lori and Tom, aka Mr. and Mrs. Crown, and had many fun times with them and lots of other great people we met there. The resort was great and as returning guests treated us as VIPs which was very nice. We mostly hung out on the beach but we did venture out to dinner a few times and went whale watching too. We went on the Cielito Lindo boat and they were just great and we saw a lot of whales too. We went to Pipi's again this time and the food and service was just as great as we remembered. It will become a yearly favorite I'm sure. We also ate at Daiguiri Dick's for lunch one day and it was very good too. A little pricey for lunch but very good and a great view of Los Muertos beach and the bay. Thanks to a recommendation from Karen, an activities rep at the resort, we went to Mariscos Colequitas in the marina one night and it was great. We both had shrimp and the servings were so huge we both left shrimp on our plates. The whole meal with tequila, drinks, and fried bananas for dessert was less than $24! Great value and great food!! We also had a lovely dinner at the marina at Seafare's. And we had to stop at the lighthouse for a drink and the view. I was a little leery of the elevator but I went up and it was worth it, so I'm glad I did.

We went to Mass Sunday morning at Guadalupe church and it was packed to overflowing! It was in Spanish and English but it was mostly Americans at this particular Mass. It was just beautiful!

I was introduced to Martino, Paco and Esmerelda with the Sunbusters and I can't say enough in praise of them. I get a bad sun allergy on my arms every year and with their creams and lotions it was hardly even noticeable and I got a great tan and no burn! I also brought some of their products home with me and I'll definitley look them up on my next visit to PV. For anyone who's interested, they are going to have a permanent location just down the beach from GCP about 250 feet.

We flew non-stop both ways and it sure made a difference in how we felt when we got there and when we got home. If possible, that's the only way we'll fly from now on.

We just can't stress enough how hospitable and friendly the people at the GCP and in all of Vallarta are. We did not come across even one person who was the least bit unfriendly. What more can you ask?

Now we have to start dreaming and planning our next trip which won't come soon enough. I wish it was tomorrow!!

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:59 am

A good Report Sandy...
Thanks for sharing... :)

pdxbuff
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pdxbuff » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:23 am

Great report and thanks!

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

GCP

Post by smitty » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:40 pm

Very nice report Sandy . I bet the VIP treatment is easy to get used to . :)

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:03 pm

good to meet you and Fred as well... it was a good time .... hope to see you down there soon....

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:31 am

Good report, makes me miss the place even more.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:20 pm

It was nice to meet Sandy and Fred this year. As you can see somewhere along the line we find and build a fond friendship from the guests at the GCP. This is how magical this place really and truly is. We do hope to see Fred and Sandy down there next year... as well as some of the other regulars that frequent this little piece of paradise called Vallarta.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:34 pm

chuck wrote:Good report, makes me miss the place even more.
Chuck, good to see you back. How was the Mayan this year?

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:08 pm

hey ellen, good to see you out and about too... how does it feel to be home these days... we are slowly adapting to being home as well...

Commadore Chuck... how are you doing my friend... been a while since we last spoke....

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:25 am

[quote="tojol57"]hey ellen, good to see you out and about too... how does it feel to be home these days... we are slowly adapting to being home as well...

Well, mostly I've been sick since I got home. My throat started tingling about halfway through our return flight and I came down with a doozy of a cold. I'm on the upward swing now, though. It's been nice to see friends and family. Today we had dinner with our son and his wife, so that was the best thing yet about being home.

mhahn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mhahn » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:52 am

So glad you enjoyed theGCP, it is the best! Going back in Nov. with just me and my daughters and daughter in law and then again in Dec. with hubby, we have been there 9 times now and although we go else where (sometimes) we always come home to the GCP.