My favourite things

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Dwatt
My favourite things

Post by Dwatt » Sun Sep 15, 2002 1:56 am

One of my favourite things to do in PV is to walk the Malecon on Sunday night. The place comes alive with families, merchants, entertainers, and food. Fresh strawberries, those little fried cinnamon things (the name escapes me), crepes, tamales and more.
I grab a cappucino at the little second floor balcony cafe across from the malecon, or drink the best darned Mojito's I've ever tasted at the Cuban bar. The service is excellent, the food is fresh and the people are friendly.

Walk (or take a bus) a little further across the river and have dinner and drinks at Daquiri Dick's. Great view of the ocean , and if you check the schedule, you might be lucky enough to catch some great jazz. We actually saw whales from there.

Gaby's is probably my favourite restaurant. Really reasonable prices, intimate setting and great food. The owner's son sometimes entertains the audience on electric piano.

Blanco Y Negro in the hotel zone. Great Jazz (late Saturday Night) and the owner Jamie is a very good singer/guitarist. His style could be called folk, a'la Jim Croce/Cat Stevens (I hate to pigeon-hole anyone, but in case you wanted a description). When I saw him, he sang in Spanish and I didn't understand a word but it was very passionate.

J & B's nightclub in the Hotel Zone. Great bands! Salsa, a little pop sometimes, latin music mostly. They won't let you in with beachwear, but this place is worth it.