Vallarta Oct/Nov 2007 Part 1

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

chance
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Vallarta Oct/Nov 2007 Part 1

Post by chance » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:37 am

Puerto Vallarta November 2007 Part 1

Left Calgary at 1:30 in the afternoon the flight was uneventful and quick to we arrive 25 minutes early. Custom was a breeze as we were the only flight in at that time. I get the red light of course after teasing people about it a quick search and we are on are way.
The TS Bandits we had a porter and I told my friend to follow the porter and everyone else just to follow and I take up the rear just in case we bolt through being the only flight in they want a share of it. The porter did his job well and just pushed through the 50 peso tip was worth it. To my surprise Conquest Vacations had arranged 2 suburban’s for us prepaid to the hotel. Off to the hotel first I must tell you don’t believe everything you read on Travel Advisor I read some bad reports and upon check in it was soon to be seen that all I read was unfounded. We get are rooms clean comfortable most had ocean views but us we got stuck behind the restaurant no big deal Its only a room we wont be there a lot of the time. Downtown we go It’s a 20 minute extra walk to the beginning of downtown we stay at the Buenaventura usually but due to renovations not this trip. We walk down to the Malecon I like to see the reactions on peoples face when the have never been to a place before and some of the were priceless. Finally we hit Andales it is Saturday evening and the walk is comfortable despite the humidity and it was high that evening. This is are third trip down this year and I always find something new and interesting on our walks. Back to Andales from the forum it said the place was quite wrong wrong wrong. Get there about 10ish the place filled up just shortly after that a little older crowd than a custom to but a good time was had by all we shut is down about
2 am and Grab a cab and call it a night.

Weather Very Humid

Day 2 Weather 32c sunny

Day 2 in Paradise well anything travel advisor had to say about the Canto del Sol has yet to come true. Breakfast was good. It’s early so we decide to walk the beach all the way down to the Malecon. One thing I found was that in front of resorts the beaches are clean but if there is no resort they are dirty. From the Canto there a few water breaks to cross some very rock patches so good foot wear is require I just think that it’s a shame that they have a beautiful place with garbage laden beaches I can see why but I still think it’s a shame as for the walk from the Canto to the Malecon a definite no. If you wish to walk start at the Buenaventura and walk to the hotel Rosita. Arrive at the pier buy are tickets to Yelapa and sit at CyC’s for a couple of cold ones before we go. Note go to the bathroom before you go as there is no WC on the taxi and off to Yelapa for the day. I have been to PV many times and I can’t believe that is the first time that I ‘m going to go.
Everyone else is looking forward to the trip to for 220 peso you can’t lose it’s a must see
you can’t go wrong.

Yelapa
Amazing when you come around a corner and see it first hand loved it. Take the tour up to the water fall. Brave and go in and I mean brave it that water is cold cold a few of us go stand under the falls and its like little needles hitting you. Enough of that out we come out to the little bar that they have there some cerveza’s a few tequilas some sunshine and we are warm again. Sorry I have to mention this again a beautiful place with garbage just lying every where except the beach. Back down we go off to Chicos for lunch I can tell you the food sizes are very good and the prices was reasonable and good to I had Avocado with stuffed shrimp 2 avocado’s sliced in half piled high with shrimp 85 peso’s.
If you are not a real drinker done be fooled into the mescal. I can tell you out of 8 people 6 of us had them no pain by the end of lunch 100% alcohol will do that to a person.
Beautiful beach head down and get a lounger sun and swim till time to leave.
No cerveza’s though the mescal was more than enough. Time to head back get on the boat new people that stayed over night some had good things others did not one complaint that there was no TV in the beach side cabin cant please everyone.
Back to the pier as we get off there is this guy gutting his catch of the day right there with out a care in the world odd I thought but hey take it as part of the trip and the adventure.
Pretty parched by now off to CyC’s for a few quite a few actually.

Dinner
The Blue Shrimp this is one of my favorite haunts. All have the Shrimps Boats 5 tigger prawns cooked 5 different was. I just have the Shrimp cocktail as I know from personal experience the size of them finished off with a house tequila very good. Go wonder around a bit back to the resort a few drinks and a early night.

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:13 am

Thanks Chance! Keep the story going...

sonofdob
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sonofdob » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:09 am

thanks chance...I'll stay tuned for more installments and yes I agree whole heartedly...TA is usually BS...not really sure why ? I also agree on the garbage on the beach...more so in the past few years...it's a shame really...looking forward to the rest of your report.