Back Home to Iowa from GCP - Part II

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:23 pm

Redd wrote:Thanks for the wonderful trip report! I wonder how long I would have been able to "hang" with you guys.....I don't want to stay on the porch! LOL
oxoxo
Jane
That was one of the big comments we kept telling people... if you can't run with the big dogs (as well us OLD DOGS), you just best stay on the porch... LOL but it was a good time... no matter what... wish you could have been there with us... you would have had so much fun ...

jjbcroft
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by jjbcroft » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:13 am

Tom & Lorrie;
I haven't checked out this board in a long time but since we're sitting here in Eastern Iowa on a snowed-in Saturday night, I thought I'd drop in and warm up! Tom, as a new member of the big 5-0 club myself, welcome!
Glad you had such a wonderful trip, sure brings back great memories! Let us know when you get your photos on so we can check them out.

Things have been so busy for us - The kids are back in town after Kiddo doing his 4 1/2 years in the Air Force. Gotta win that lottery so we can take them down to the GCP with us some day! Till then, we'll have to continue to read the great posts on this board!

jj

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

You are alive?

Post by lojol60 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:48 am

Hey JJ! Tom and I were just talking about you earlier and how we hadn't talked to you in ages. Doesn't this weather suck? What is up with crappy weather every weekend? I am so far behind on my Christmas shopping. I worked on Christmas cards earlier and decided to take a break. You need to come back to PVR with us. We are going Feb 9 - 23, 2008 to the GCP and can't wait. We arrive 9 weeks from today and at this time will either be at Club Nitro for the show or down to Andales. We can't wait!! BTW..... Alice was asking about you... :lol:

jjbcroft
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by jjbcroft » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:43 am

Alice, Alice... who the **** is Alice!!!!! The weather is nasty, and only bound to get worse as the week starts, so I'm told. I spent all of last night and all of today shopping, and barely got half done. I keep thinking I'm ahead of the game till I look at the calendar - yikes!!!!
Loved your trip report! Where's the new Mexican resturant at GCP? And how's Dany- what's he doing these days? Also, there was absolutely no mention of the Sun Dance - what do they do to guarantee good weather for the next day if they've done away with that?? And is Tom too old for tequilla volleyball now? Tell him for me he doesn't look a day over 49!! :wink:

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:12 am

8) oh thanks JJ... no mention of the sundance, well that is because they Dropped the "Follow the Leader" song for the sundance ... they have a new song and new "dance" steps to it... not as much fun... Dany is now out in Punta Minta...Janet and Rachel are probably the only two left that you might remember... Victor is gone, Ceasar is gone, Charlie is gone... SO when did you join the 50 club... damn girl we need to get together and have us a Margarita baby....

and yes Andale's was loving us - sticking around until 2 - 3 in the morning... it was so much fun.. ha ha ha

as for tequila volleyball... i don't know... it was more fun watching all the newbies out there making royal fools of themselves... versus me helping them along... :wink: :lol: 8)

jjbcroft
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by jjbcroft » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:11 am

Hey Tom! I figured those last two lines would get a reaction from you!
What's Dany doing in Punta Minta? Sorry to here so many others are gone also, but I guess one can only put in so many 16 hour days. They were all hard workers (& players!).

I turned the big 5-0 in September. Don't feel much different, but walking past a mirror is like, Whoaaaa - who's the old broad!! :shock:

Glad to hear Andeles is still up and going and that you still have a blast there - remember when we first discovered it? We thought we'd died and gone to heaven!!! Is the poor donkey still there?

So what is the new dance? Is it a local ditty or something we would know? Also, what are the resturants like now? Someone mentioned a new mexican one? What did it replace?

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:18 am

jjbcroft wrote:Hey Tom! I figured those last two lines would get a reaction from you!
What's Dany doing in Punta Minta? Sorry to here so many others are gone also, but I guess one can only put in so many 16 hour days. They were all hard workers (& players!).

I turned the big 5-0 in September. Don't feel much different, but walking past a mirror is like, Whoaaaa - who's the old broad!! :shock:

Glad to hear Andeles is still up and going and that you still have a blast there - remember when we first discovered it? We thought we'd died and gone to heaven!!! Is the poor donkey still there?

So what is the new dance? Is it a local ditty or something we would know? Also, what are the resturants like now? Someone mentioned a new mexican one? What did it replace?
you got it girlfriend... heck when i walk by a mirror i it is like WOW or YUCK depending on my mood too... LOL i forgot that you were OLDER than me... HA HA HA

you will not recognize salvador's... totally gutted and remodeled and Nacho gave me an idea of the price tag, OMG... remember the AC room where the staff usually ate before taking the guests out on the town... well that is now Los Gallos, the mexican resturant... Poly does this one for breakfast right now... and then does Paradise at night... so now you have 4 resturants to choose from, plus the Breeze bar etc... so JC can still slip down for his special waffle every morning too...

the new dance, a new song, even the crown paradise song has been made over too... oh well... that is what happens when the younger generation takes over to make it what he wants versus what papa has built... nothing against Onalles Jr, but he is really messing with Daddy's work... Salvador Onalles Sr.

jjbcroft
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by jjbcroft » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:04 am

Yeah, those young ones think they know it all! Don't worry, what goes 'round, comes around, and they'll find out us old dogs weren't quite as stupid as they thought we were! Sometimes they have to learn the hard way.

Your trip report was great - I really need to start playing the lottery again! I check out the webcam once in a while to dream...

Are there any new resorts or construction going on?

Joel Whitaker
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Joel Whitaker » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:45 pm

Hi, sorry for butting in uninvited. I am a recovering Iowan, originally from a place called Allison. We have been coming to Puerto Vallarta for several years. This is the first time we are bringing our dog, a Pappilion. Does any of you know if small dogs are allowed in resturants in PV or Bucerias where we will be staying. From the soggy and cloudy Pacific Northwest and February 2nd can't come fast enought.
Joel and Janice

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:28 pm

Personally, I'm grossed out at the thought of a pet being allowed into a restaurant not to mention that some people have serious allergies to some animals.

Joyce

Joel Whitaker
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Joyce - Service Dogs are exceptions in the US

Post by Joel Whitaker » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:29 am

Sorry for you being grossed out. How do you handle Service Dogs attending to their owners when they would like to also go out, but need the Service Dog for various reasons? I hope you will be more understanding when you see this happens.
Joel & Janice

tim25
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by tim25 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:27 am

Joel & Janice... have you taken your service dog to Mexico? If not, you might want to check around about access. I would think that most restaurants will make you leave the dog at home/at the resort... Mexico is not the PC country that the US or Canada is - business owners are not obliged to let any animals into their establishments - assistant dogs or otherwise. I know it's not a nice attitude, but you might want to make sure the dog is welcome around the area before you spend the $ to go somewhere on vacation.

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Wha?

Post by Jennybean » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:47 am

How do you handle Service Dogs attending to their owners when they would like to also go out, but need the Service Dog for various reasons?
Is your dog a service dog, is that why you are asking? I'm not certain service dogs are an issue in some restaurants in PV so long as it is clear they are a service dog (ie: wearing their vests).

That said, HOWEVER...

Just to add to the concerns Joyce voiced, establishment owners have health inspection considerations in order to keep their permits...public restaurants are different from having dinner with your pet in your home, and have different obligations to the health of the general public.

Something to consider, and something you might run into issues with in closed seated venues. If you stick to open air establishments it might not be such a big deal - but between allergies, health inspection issues, etc. there are many people who might be animal lovers, but don't necessarily want them where they are dining.

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:02 pm

A service dog on a harness and doing the job its been trained for is clearly a different issue than a pet. If you are you saying that your pappilon is your service dog than I apologize for upsetting you.
I have no issue with animals, I just prefer not to have one sitting at the next table when I'm dining.
Joyce