Can not hear from you

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru
Can not hear from you

Post by JROJEFF » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:46 am

WOW,so many people in pv right now but only heard that they arrived ,I promise to you people that are waiting like I am to hear about whats happening, kinda keeps me going ,not that I need it but makes me want to be there faster ,a report of some kind every other day at least. my hotel has cheap internet ,so with my first morning cocktail I will keep you all informed -jro

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:00 am

Jeff: Maybe we should leave early and go and check on them?? I could handle getting out of this cold weather. Last night we set record lows. Not a good thing IMO!!! Only 15 more days!!! Look out PVR... Here we come!!!

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:59 am

No lorrie you and tom will get there as planned ,screw getting there early ,maybe I will just change my flight leaving and stay a few extra days if I dont spend it all in 2 weeks, see the benifits of staying at a $57.00 a night hotel rather than all the glory at once and sadeness at the end- if I do it right I can extend for the rest of the week and stretch it out for a $100.00 flight change ,gotta behave that first week to get out of vacation mood and then it is all good, street tacos and tiendas to get by

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:19 am

Didnt mean to read like we couldnt go early just meant that the GCP has your room cleaned and ready for you and tom so stick with the plan,get tanned if the weather has broke from last week ,and extend the stay-later jro

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:03 am

Lori - bet you can't beat the -44C temps we had all this week...lol

It's so bad I am even looking at cruises that stop in PV...lol On another note, does anyone know how cruises work? Do you have to pay for meals? I would imagine so because the fares are so cheap...but I've never been so I don't know. :)

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:45 pm

tandr2 wrote:Lori - bet you can't beat the -44C temps we had all this week...lol

It's so bad I am even looking at cruises that stop in PV...lol On another note, does anyone know how cruises work? Do you have to pay for meals? I would imagine so because the fares are so cheap...but I've never been so I don't know. :)
meals are included on your cruise it is your booze, pop, etc that cost you ... as well as the on shore excursions....

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:19 pm

Thanks Tom! I'm sure they don't supply 10 peso Corona's...maybe 60 peso ones...It would add up in a hurry I'm sure.

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:41 am

We went on a Carnival cruise and their specialty drinks were $10.00 each. What they are making everyone do now is "sign and sail". You give them a copy of your credit card when you arrive on the cruise ship and then you have to sign for every drink, pop, etc. and then around midnight or so before you arrive back in port, they shove this bill underneath your door that looks like the "national debt". We had these guys from New Jersey that were on our cruise ship and their bar bill was twice what their cabin was. They about crapped their pants!! They had those fun drinks all day long. What we did is purchased one each day and then went back to our cabin and made our own drinks. We had a great cabin steward that kept everything on ice!! It was great!!

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:47 am

sounds like a great trip with a crappy ending- no thanks here ,I spent 2 and a half years cruising on the ocean with the U.S.N., not real interested on any more details for now :lol: (My food and drink was paid for also ) I would do that again now, that I am smarter and wiser,could be retired next year -damn it

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:46 pm

I guess I'm one of the guilty ones who is here and not reporting. I've just been so busy but Dave arrived yesterday with the laptop so now I don't really have a good excuse. I'm sitting here on the private terrace off our bedroom waiting for the coffee to brew before joining Joyce (Travelbug) out on the poolside terrace for some of her home made cinnamon buns. Let's see, what have I done in the last 14 days since I arrived. I've been to some nice restaurants like El Palomar de Gonzalez, Hacienda San Angel, Daquiri Dick's, Le Bistro, Teatro Limon, Cafe Bohemio and El Panorama. I've been to a couple of get together/lectures at the International Friendship Club, met up with Michelle and Tyler, Joyce and Bella Luna at CyC's, taken the bus in to Bucerias a couple of times, etc., etc. Haven't been to the beach even once but have sat around our pool a couple of times.
Must run - the coffee and sweet buns are calling - or is that Joyce's voice?

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:00 pm

Sounds great Ellen! Glad to hear you and Joyce are having a good time. Wish I was down there with you guys... most of Canada is in a deep freeze right now... it's -42 with the wind chill in Manitoba and it's moving towards Ontario...Regina was -61 yesterday from what I heard. Ouch!

northmb
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by northmb » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:32 pm

Sweet buns and coffee around the pool - sounds like heaven! Glad to hear you guys are having a great time! And Tracy - you are right about the weather - it's minus 45 with the wind right now - good time to be in PV!

See you guys soon!

Sherry

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:35 pm

Hey there Ellen, see you all in 10 days now or less... looking forward to see you and all our friends down in Vallarta...

take care and see you soonl...

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:10 pm

tojol57 wrote:Hey there Ellen, see you all in 10 days now or less... looking forward to see you and all our friends down in Vallarta...

take care and see you soonl...
Yep, see you soon. Are you going to try to go on the house tour this year? If so, count me in.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Ellen And Joyce Poolside

Post by smitty » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:19 am

"Must run - the coffee and sweet buns are calling - or is that Joyce's voice? " :) I bet Fred is missing those sweet buns ! :)
Nice to hear from you Ellen - your posts are always fun to read !

freddieP
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by freddieP » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:45 pm

Yes, I'm missing those sweet buns. :lol: Only 2 more weeks to go.
Can't wait !
Freddie

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:07 pm

freddieP wrote:Yes, I'm missing those sweet buns. :lol: Only 2 more weeks to go.
Can't wait !
Freddie
Hey there freddie... be NICE... oh wait you were, since they are your sweet buns... LOL... see you soon my friend.... Birthday cocktails when you get down remember....

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:39 pm

I guess I'm guilty too, sorry for not signing in sooner. What's my excuse? I don't have one!
My first day here was busy right off the hop, Ellen, Velma and myself went to a wild and crazy party at EL Nido for sunset drinks and then met another friend of Ellens for dinner at Hacienda San Angel. It's a beautiful location.
I was busy with my friend who was here for 10 days, we went to Bucerias, Rincon de Guayabitos, the Botanical Gardens, Mismaloya etc. We ate at the market, the malecon, Mismaloya, the taco stand beside Cafe de Olla, Fredy Tucan's for breakfast a couple times, taco stand beside the Pharmacia Guadalajara as well as Burros. We also really enjoyed the shrimp on a stick they sell down on the beach.
Now I understand why Fred called me "sweet buns" in his email! Yes they turned out pretty good considering I couldn't find any brown sugar or whipping cream anywhere and had to substitute the closest thing I could find. I didn't have any leftovers which is good because then I would have to eat them.
I had supper with my sister in law and brother in law the other day, we went to Robertos and I had the red snapper, it was really good. Tonight we are going to Mestizo's and I'm really looking forward to that.
I dropped by Teatro Limon to see Bruce and Julia and had a great chat, then saw him again on the malecon one day while chatting with Michelle and Tyler, who by the way are super nice people and we ran into them periodically here and there!
My friend and I took in the free statue walk one Tuesday morning, it was great. Meet at 9:30 on tuesday mornings at the first statue by the Rosita Hotel and then you get a great information session about all the statues along the way. It takes a couple hours and is totally worth it. We got to meet two of the actual artists as well. They were fascinating to listen to as they told how their sculptures came to fruition.
I know I'm leaving something out but my brain is turning to mush in this lovely climate, I'll try to remember more next time.
Looking forward to seeing you when you get here.

Joyce

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:31 pm

Thank you ellen and joyce I knew you wouldnt leave us hanging for to long ,glad you are having a great time. Sounds like you both have been very busy ,relax a little. take care-jeff

Winnipeg gal 1
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by Winnipeg gal 1 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:30 pm

Hola Joyce & Ellen,So good to hear from you.Glad you are having a great time.See you real soon :D