first week report

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle
first week report

Post by michelle/tyler » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:46 pm

Well we arrived in Minneapolis on jan.13 and stayed at a hotel called park plaza they supply free parking for up to 3 weeks at the cost of one night stay and return stay optional plus free shuttle to and from airport for 107 dollars a night.We had to get up for 6am our plane was to leave at 9:30a.m. arrived at the airport no problems checking in. Boarded our plane and were ready to leave and there was a problem with one of the doors so we had to all get off the plane and wait for another plane. Boarded new plane and were finally off we were delayed almost 2 hours we were suppose to be in p.v. by 1:30 and we finally checked into our hotel by 5p.m. It cost us 24 dollars to get to our hotel by taxi.
We stayed at the emperador hotel and suites. We were taken to our room and we ended up with a suite it was incredible, nice and clean ,the beds were comfy ,shower was big and lots of hot water once we figured out c did not stand for cold lol.We immediately put on our shorts and went out walking.

We are suppose to meet tony and Janice for drinks that night at 7p.m.They are the couple that we gave a ride to Minneapolis we both knew Janice but didn’t know tony so before we left Manitoba we went to there house and tyler and tony really hit it off. Anyways on with the story tony gave us a card as to where we were to meet them Valterrazza so we were there about 6:30 and we sat and sat finally I had to eat something so I ordered wings they were so good,I said to tyler now its almost 8 mabey there not coming so we were thinking about leaving and all of a sudden tony walks in laughing his butt off they had been sitting upstairs at cheeky monkeys wondering where the heck we were and came down to check if we were in the restraunt and this gentleman was with him and said oh is this them they have been sitting here the whole time we all laughed.This is where we met mr troy the owner of both establishments. I believe a great friendship started that night between tyler myself and troy what a great guy but more on him later we went up to cheekys and had a few drinks and then off to the hotel and turned in as I was really tired.
JAN. 15
I woke up about 7 which is about when I woke up every morning we went to cyc for breaky which is also pretty much where we had breaky every morning it was allways very good.Went for a walk ended up at the other end of town and found the tattoo place jeff went to and yeppers made an appointment made sure they all understood I was a tattoo virgin and needed someone who was going to be gentle and they all laughed. They tried to convince tyler because he has the best arms for tattooing apparently.so the appointment is for tomorrow at 3 we head back to the hotel and pull up a palapa and vegged for the rest of the day. We met another couple from gimli that was walking by so we chatted for a bit { small world}.Went for supper to burros it was really good we had nachos and some drinks headed back to hotel and out for the night the big party animals we are lol.
JAN.16
Headed out to catch a bus to tony and jans condo they are staying at the Marbella right beside gigante 54 stairs later we were at the door lol spent most of the day with them by there pool then it was time for tattooing omg can you say s*** scared but I have talked about it for 23 years.They made plans to meet up with us at Aztec tattoo because I was gonna be about 3 hours.Well I got my dolphins and it really didn’t hurt only a little by the ankle bone having a baby is much more painfull lol.Tyler decided that he should get not one but two Chinese symbols one back of each leg one means husband and the means father he said his hurt a lot on one leg but not the other. We had the guys there tell him that they made a mistake and the symbols actually meant love tony we just about died laughing.We set off to cheeky monkeys cause now we need some drinks and now when troy sees us I am greeted with a hug and a kiss and tyler gets a handshake had a few drinks there and we then decided we needed to eat so they suggested café roma not clicking in my head till we get there and see whos there Sr. fox it was like seeing a celebrity for me you read and talk with all the board members but to meet my first one I was like a little school girl he was a good sport though.We ordered pizza and beers it was really good pizza. Then all of a sudden there was tequila and I have never had it so I said no thanks well Janice went off on me my god michelle even your mother drinks tequila {another story lol} so I did my first shot and wont do another lol.It was a great night and it was awesome to meet sr. fox.
Jan.17
Spent the whole day on the beach in front of the hotel and relaxed.We were meeting joyce and ellen and mabey bella at 6 at cyc. We got there a little early and waited and saw joyce kinda looking around again it was like seeing celebrities to me anyways then ellen came with her sister who had on the most beautifull crown lol. We ordered some drinks and we were chatting and bella showed up. We ordered some snacks and had a really good visit.Tyler took some photos then they asked him to be in the pic so the waiter came and took some. All the ladies were taking a walk down the malecon and joyce offered if I wanted to come she would walk me back if tyler didn’t want to come which was really nice of her but tyler did come with us this is when I found out about joyces niece and almost started to cry I told her I would have understood if she didn’t come to the meet up but she said it was great to be out with us.Ellen told me about the other meetups from jrs board at Madison south which was right at our hotel.Made plans with bella to meet at burros on Monday at 6 then onto andales. We were at cheeky monkeys and said goodnight it was so wonderfull to meet them.We went up and saw troy for a bit then headed back to the hotel for the night.
JAN 18
Woke up this morning really missing my children told tyler I wanted a phone card so I could phone them in the evening.We decided to go to the marina well what we thought was the marina we get there and its not what my dad was describing to us so we asked someone and they said no its over there by that crane so we discussed whether or not to bus it or walk it and decided we will just walk. Omg three miles later we arrived but it was fun.Came back to town bumped into joyce and her friend talked for a bit. Went to the hotel and phoned the kids and really didn’t handle it well my little one started to cry which set me off.Went to tony and jans for supper but all I could think about was the kids.Made plans to go to bucerias at noon the next day.
JAN19
Headed to bucerias with tony and jan went and looked at a condo then headed to the beach sat at a place right beside adrianos. A couple was walking by that jan and tony knew so they joined us (very nice couple).The beach here is so beautiful the water and sand sparkle like gold.Janice and I took a walk down the beach to find the place I booked for my parents (vista Vallarta) and it is gorgeous my dad will be very happy.Went for supper it was very good 6 of us fajitas,soups,Mexican platter,cheese thing,drinks,and meals 150.00 dollars .Then the fiesta started and it was really cool jan played a dart game and won a big pail of food and the first child she saw she gave it to. The man who was running the game started to cry at her gesture.I was a little disappointed to not have really seen the town so we made plans to go back another day.
JAN20
Went for a walk by myself in the morning I was trying to snap out of being homesick went back to the hotel got tyler and walked to the flea market picked up another phone card and went back to the hotel and phoned kids and talked for 40 mins.Felt much better after that went down the beach ended up at burros went to sit down and 2 other couples asked us to join them,they immediately handed us a drink really nice ppl from Alberta we bought them a round and headed back to the hotel to get ready for supper. Bumped into joyce again lol and 2 guys she knew came along with a dog so we were all talking and somewhat of a loud man and another guy came along and started asking questions about the dog and joyce mouthed to me that’s bruce well here we go again little school girl omg its so nice to meet you and he said hi and that was about it oh well guess I get a little excited about meeting ppl in person that talk on boards(this is not a shot a bruce its just how it happened).We said goodbye to joyce and her friend and continued on for supper at Valterrazza Troy only makes lasagne on Sundays so we went there for supper met tony,Jan,denise,doug we had 4 lasagne, tour of italy,shrimp fettucini,margaritas,beers,tequila and the bill was 80.00 dollars highly recommend this it was great.Headed back to hotel for the night.
This ends week 1 sorry if its to long but I am trying to get everyone to see it through my eyes.

michelle :D

northmb
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by northmb » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:03 pm

Michelle - it sounds like you had a fabulous time! Reading your report just makes me ache to be there - especially since the windchill is minus 50 something!

Isn't it great to meet people from the board? It's just like running into old friends!

thanks for sharing!

Sherry

helenf
PV Guru
PV Guru

Thank YOu

Post by helenf » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:09 pm

Thanks Michelle for week 1. Can't wait for week 2.

I too have met board "friends" (including Ellen) and it's wonderful to put names to faces isn't it? It makes "chatting" a little more personal.

I will sit with bated breath waiting for week 2.

Helen

tojol57

Good One

Post by tojol57 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:14 pm

Good post there Giggles... so how far is it from your place to MSP??? we are like 3-4 hrs straight south of Minneapolis... never know may meet you there sometime...

i have to agree with Sherry, isn't great to see people from the board, and then become such close friends with them... and enjoy time with them... have a great day...

thanks for sharing your time with us... i am sure that Mrs Crown will have one whale of a tale to tell this year... as she has us on a schedule this year... you will not believe her right now... but it is great... and we can't wait to see Ellen and David, Joyce and Fred, Jeff from Indiana, Bruce at Teatro Limon, and everybody else we have met over the years at the various resorts, resturants, and vacations...

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:58 pm

Tom - it's about 7 hours to MSP if you drive non-stop...

Thanks for your report Michelle - may I ask how your tattoo's worked out? I thought after a tattoo you aren't supposed to be in the sun too much and no swimming... that's why we waited until our last afternoon to get ours. :) Don't worry about getting homesick, I get homesick all the time usually around day 5 or 6. This trip was better because the kids were there, but we still missed home. Now I'd give anything to go back. lol

Thanks again for your report!

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:33 pm

thanks sherry and helen :D it is so nice to meet everyone.

tom its actually 8.5 for us because we are an hour out of winnipeg.I would do the drive again in a heartbeat.

my tattoo did great and when I post my photos you will see it turned out beautiful.I went in the ocean once before it was done other than that it was just showers I am not much into swimming.As for the sun I allways made sure it was blocked I also made sure I kept it moistened with aloe vera vitamin e. Tony has alot of tattoos so he made sure to show me how to take care of it and checked on the healing every time we met up.Thats what I said I want to take the kids next year but in week 2 I was much better.Where did you get yours done.

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:50 pm

We got our tattoo's at Homie's Tattoo - he's gone now. :) Surprise, surprise. Anyway, my skin didn't take the ink well so I lost a lot of it...I'll get it re-colored one day.

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:54 pm

Wow ,sounds like you had a great time ,I know the you love tony tatt joke because he told me this year we were going to be so drunk that he was going to pay the guy to tatt it on me :lol: So glad to hear that you were able to meet others from the board .

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:02 pm

By the way I also met troy last year and agree about him being a neat person ,tony and janice took me to diner there one night ,great food also

condor
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by condor » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:06 pm

Michelle don't take this the wrong way but..you make me SICK [sick] I'm sitting here freezing my a$$ off here in the frozen north and you go and make me cry :cry: by writing a report on the wondeful time your having. :-X( Then the voices start they are calling "come back to PV" "don't worry be happy" I say screw that I'm not going to be happy for another 3 months and I can't take it anymore. oo-| M:-( [help] What's that? You say they are here? My Mrs. says they are here for me and not to worry the room has padded walls. Isn't that nice. Does it have a view of the ocean? You say these pills taste just like a Margarita? Good give me two. I'm all better now. >:)< :-)4 [hello]

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:39 am

condor :lol:

michelle good report.. :)

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:20 am

Michelle,
Sounds like you had an awsome first week. I am sure we passed on the street somewhere. I decided to make one of my spur of the moment trips down for a week. It was a quick trip but any trip is better than no trip at all. :D

mike23
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

I sure miss PV

Post by mike23 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:22 am

its been one year now since i went to Puerto Vallarta with my friend and i sure miss it. It was a wonderful trip so relaxing and so much fun. We did a lot also with outings every other day and off days spent exploring the charming city. I am so looking forward to my vist in 2009. This time i plan to try a few different activities like the canopy tour. Would also like to explore a few more cities to the south, maybe go on a few bus tours as well. Cant wait to see what kind of pictures i can get now with my new Nikon camera. The malecon is calling me......2009 wont come soon enough

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:48 am

thanks jeff and sylvia :D

Kat I wish we could have met but I promise there will be a time. :D

Big brother or was that dad I am drawing a blank condor :lol: could you help me out. You crack me up thanks.Dry those icicles from your eyes and soon you will be there and I will be crying.

Winnipeg gal 1
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by Winnipeg gal 1 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:38 am

Sounds like a great time.I can hardly wait for week 2. :)

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:55 pm

Michelle, it was great to meet you and Tyler, too. Velma had a really nice time that night and can't wait to get back here next year. She has definitely been bitten by the PV bug.

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:11 am

Thanks sylvia and ellen, velma was so cute with her crown :D