Mr. and Mrs. Crown's trip report Feb. 9 - 23

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:20 am

Chris: Don't feel like the lonesome stranger. We are having major withdrawals as well. It has been absolutely freezing here in Iowa today. I think our highs were around 0 with a winchill below that. I'm thinking that 85 and sunny weather sure sounds good about now!!

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:17 am

pretty much thinking that anyone looking at this web-sight has the same problem

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:32 am

Just got home - much to early for a typical PV night but its d*** cold and windy. Why am I not in PV??? I so understand why people live there for several months out of the year....

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:15 pm

we all live viacariously thru all the travel websites to make our connections with Vallarta fresh each and every day... and I too are going thru my withdrawls as well... It just isn't a Mrs Crown syndrom either... somedays i really go nutz missing all the friends and family that we have made during our visits to Vallarta... and there are days too, that i am glad to be home with our dogs, our friends and family that we have here too... so i think it is time to spend October 1st - May 31st in Vallarta, and then June 1st - September 30th here in the States... makes sense to me... now where is my Powerball tickets for $200 million tonight... mmmmmmmmmmm

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:17 am

Thanks for the trip report, its sounds like you were busier than ever this year and doesn't the time just fly by when you are there. Isn't it funny how we start planning for the next trip down the second we step out of the airport and into cold reality!

Joyce

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:48 pm

travelbug_jp wrote:Thanks for the trip report, its sounds like you were busier than ever this year and doesn't the time just fly by when you are there. Isn't it funny how we start planning for the next trip down the second we step out of the airport and into cold reality!

Joyce
welcome home to you too Joyce, sorry we missed fred this year... yes busy was the word this year. Lorrie had a calendar with who was coming in when, and when we were to meet up with them, or side trips that we were taking with fred and sandy, JRO or Bella Luna, or if we were going off property for dinner, cocktails, or just going and going... it was a great time... and yes it just flew by especially that second week... and yes we are already planning our next three trips (one as early as June 2008 - family vacation, to thanksgiving week 2008 and February 2009) Life is good

jjbcroft
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by jjbcroft » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:56 am

Tom & Lorrie,

Just read your trip report - ahh, brings back memories! JC & I really have to get back to the GCP one of these days. This has been one of the worst winters I can remember - we got snow again just last night! Enough already, we've already beaten our record!

love & miss ya both!

jj

p.s. Lorrie - sounds like you were greatly over-served a few times? :wink: Hope your bumps & bruises have healed!

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:05 am

Hey JJ! We thought you and JC fell off the face of the earth. This has been the longest and crappiest winter on record I do believe. It started early and we are still getting it. We have had over double the normal amount. Everyone's budgets are out of whack from all the snow and ice removal and all the rivers and streams are full and we are supposed to have rain/snow mix tomorrow and Friday so then we'll have to worry about flooding. It seems like a long time ago since we were in PVR at the GCP. It looks like we are going to have to wait until Nov. for another trip unless we win the lottery. Take care and keep in touch!! Love and miss you guys too!!

Lorrie

P.S. Yes, all of my bumps and bruises finally went away. It was a rough two weeks. Didn't have too much left to hurt by the time we left. The resort was going to wrap me in bubble wrap so I wouldn't get hurt anymore.

waterbabe
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by waterbabe » Thu May 08, 2008 4:55 am

Mr. & Mrs. Crown
just wondering are you American or Canadian . You sound like American's to me no offence but though your whole trip her was a bit much as I am a repeat 9 times guest but don't feel i have to share all details about my trip just tell every one how beautiful GCP is will be enough . Seems you need to blow own horn .I like this site but get a little tired of all your same comments. People just like to have questions answered and share info , and OH yes I was there to witness your Febuary trip

teatrolimon
PV Guru
PV Guru

ok

Post by teatrolimon » Thu May 08, 2008 6:16 am

i cant believe you WASTED your time as well as others with such remarks
if you havent noticed by reading the whole thread, that some people are FRIENDS here then you missed out on something

LEARNING where people go on a regular basis says to me that it was worth a repeat visit!!
sorry to have posted this in such a way but you shouldnt have posted these remarks you should have instead kept them to your sour self!!

bruce

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu May 08, 2008 1:14 pm

waterbabe wrote:Mr. & Mrs. Crown
just wondering are you American or Canadian . You sound like American's to me no offence but though your whole trip her was a bit much as I am a repeat 9 times guest but don't feel i have to share all details about my trip just tell every one how beautiful GCP is will be enough . Seems you need to blow own horn .I like this site but get a little tired of all your same comments. People just like to have questions answered and share info , and OH yes I was there to witness your Febuary trip
in the infamous words of Mr. Steve Martin: "Well Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse ME!!!! :wink: :lol: 8)
Last edited by tojol57 on Thu May 08, 2008 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tojol57

Re: ok

Post by tojol57 » Thu May 08, 2008 1:15 pm

teatrolimon wrote:i cant believe you WASTED your time as well as others with such remarks
if you havent noticed by reading the whole thread, that some people are FRIENDS here then you missed out on something

LEARNING where people go on a regular basis says to me that it was worth a repeat visit!!
sorry to have posted this in such a way but you shouldnt have posted these remarks you should have instead kept them to your sour self!!

bruce
Thanks Bruce!!! Good Show my friend..

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Thu May 08, 2008 1:43 pm

DELETED

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Tom And Lorrie

Post by smitty » Thu May 08, 2008 7:02 pm

I also enjoy reading all the details about your trip . You are good people and very helpful to others . Don't waste time worrying about the shipdisturbers !

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Thu May 08, 2008 10:17 pm

That really was a stupid, critical post. So what you're saying is only an American tourist would write such a long, detailed trip report? Now where in the he!! would you come up with a conclusion like that?

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Fri May 09, 2008 10:21 pm

Tom how dare you share your trip with this board expecially in the trip report section of this board I am so dissappointed in you. :wink:

waterbabe
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by waterbabe » Mon May 12, 2008 12:26 am

Sorry :oops: never meant to hurt feelings ,having a bad day ,should have appreciated the fact that you are also a PV lover. and just a little jealous :mrgreen: of all the time you get to spend there . but would like to hear more on out side adventures because i know there are alot of things and places missed to see in PV. :

tojol57

Waterbabe!!

Post by tojol57 » Mon May 12, 2008 2:27 pm

No problem Waterbabe, please also accept our appology for coming down on you so hard as well. As you can see we have alot of friends here on the bulletin board as well as at the resort and in Vallarta... We have been to Vallarta so many times at different times of the year and have done so many of the tours and adventures that we don't go on very many of them any more unless some of our friends (new and old) want to go on one, and then away we go... Yelapa and Sayulita are two prime examples this year... If it weren't for Fred and Sandy wanting to do these, we would have most likely stayed on property more, and drove you crazy with all the hugs and kisses and visits we get from the Vendors, the staff, the management team etc...

Next time make sure you come up and introduce yourself, we aren't that bad really... take care...

Big Brian
PV Fan
PV Fan

Poly

Post by Big Brian » Mon May 26, 2008 5:32 am

Just got back from GCP two weeks ago. During our last two days I heard some rumblings about Poly getting demoted. He is my favorite person to dine with and I will be very sad if I can't spend my evenings dining with him. He always takes great care of my wife and I during breakfast and dinner. Have you heard what is going on?