March 17 to 27 trip report

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

vintagelady
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
March 17 to 27 trip report

Post by vintagelady » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:18 pm

We were to fly out of MSP at 9:10am on AA. Mechanical problems--waited in line for 4 hours only to be told--it won't happen today. We were put in a dumpy motel overnite. Tuesday we were able to fly out on NW 1st class and arrived about 2:30pm. Walked through the time sharks no problem. Crossed the bridge and got a taxi and we wer on our way to Villa Del Palmer. We were one of the lucky ones to get a room on the main street---begged for a different room--no luck. The sounds from the road really aren't too bad, there is an extra door as a sound barrier. Very nice resort--also very large. We were actually in Villa Del Mar which is part of Villa Del Palmer--somewhat confusing. Very clean and lots of daily activities. Great Deli/ groceries on site. Would definitely stay there again. We moved on Saturday to our time share exchange at Canto Del Sol. We were put in a room with a tennis court view--once again I asked for a different room. The next day we were moved to a newer section and now had a view of pool and partial ocean view. Canto del Sol is much smaler resort. We did do the AI here for 4 days. It was OK. Yes at this resort it was a constant push for Timeshare presentations--just say No thank-you :!:
Because it was Easter week both resorts were very busy. We watched a wedding take place on Tuesday or Wednesday night--was beautiful.
I would stay at this resort again.
At both resorts they were clean and very comfortable--I would rank Villa Del Palmer as my favorite. 8)
We did go downtown and saw the sand sculptures--beautiful. We are ate at Joe Jacks and had our first Mojito--food and drinks were good.
We also ate at Mariscos Tinos which was good.
We went to Bucherias and did a little exploring and visted some art galleries. Stopped in a new resturant/bar called Eva's Brickhouse. Very niceplace--had a couple of drinks chatted with the owner. They have only been open about two weeks and it is right across the the street from Marks restaurant.
Caught the bus back to our resort.
Great vacation--it has been 12 tears since we were in PV.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:39 pm

The beach at Palmar is much nicer than Canto. Also you are well away from the open sewer smell on the main road.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:14 pm

After your slow start looks like you had a good vacation
Thanks for sharing...
:)

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

PV Trip

Post by smitty » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:52 am

Very nice report Vintagelady ! :) I bet you noticed many changes in PV since your last trip . I would enjoy seeing the sandcastle competition.

vintagelady
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by vintagelady » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:40 pm

The sand sculptures were wonderful. :lol: We also were lucky enough to see whales a couple of times in the bay from our resort. Yes many changes from the last time we were in PV. The City has really grown and we are coming beack--don't know exactly when.