Blakes Sports Bar / Phenominal Food / Hockey telecasts

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

caseraaa1
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Blakes Sports Bar / Phenominal Food / Hockey telecasts

Post by caseraaa1 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:21 pm

Hi, I'm a lurker basically, and utilize the forums to learn who what where, and always have found all the info invaluable before a trip. Once again it worked and we enjoyed our trip, so this time, I'm going to contribute.

Hubby and I were just in PV for 4/4-4/12, our first time, as we tend to hang in the Yucatan. We were wanting to catch the NCAA Final Four basketball games while on our trip, as our beloved UCONN Lady Huskies were in the final games, and I searched the forum, and came upon a comment for Blakes Sports Bar which is in front of the Cante Del Sol hotel, on the main drag. They didn't have the game, but as the owners are Canadian they had all the hockey you could find on thier dish networks.

So since it was a quant little joint we decided to have a bite to eat. before we ventured out to find a telecast of the Final Four. On their business card they advertise Hamburgers, & Spaghetti, HOWEVER, that's such an understatement, it was way better than that, hubby and I had a fabulous seafood dinner, he a shrimp dish, and me a fresh sea bass with two shrimp on top. The owner shops daily for her food staples, and let me tell you it was fantastic meal. Two dinners, three cocktails each, $53.US, & all the hockey you can imagine, and great owners, and Chris our waiter was great. It was so good we even went back a second time to dine, Hubby had the spaghetti with Meat sauce that was awesome, and I had the shrimp dish this time even though we were staying AI @ GCP.

Don't think this is just a little sports bar, the food was 5-Star.....don't let the "sports bar" title fool ya, check it out for yourself.

The only little problem we had, although the decor was great, all the hockey hats & shirts left by prior patrons were a site to see, but that lone plain ole Yankee's Baseball Hat in the center of the bar, we're going to send a token Red Sox 2007 Baseball World Series 2007 championship hat to hide the Yankee's one! We hope they will display it IN Front of the Yankee hat. Go Sox!

Thanks to all for all the great info, we probable won't be back for a couple of years to PV, but when we do I hope this forum will still be going strong!