Kimmie's April 24 - May 1 trip report

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

MontanaKimmie
PV Fan
PV Fan
Kimmie's April 24 - May 1 trip report

Post by MontanaKimmie » Mon May 05, 2008 3:04 am

Day 1...Plane ride from Seattle down was the best ever with people so happy and enjoying great conversations about PV. Landed, got a taxi to Costa Sur. Taxi cab driver stopped at grocery store so we could get beer & water. Beer tasted great! Checked into our room & then catch a bus back into old town to Burro's for drinks & sunset. Had dinner at Fajita Republic. More drinks, a few songs & then off to bed.

Day 2...Had breakfast buffet at the hotel (very good). Take bus into town again for supplies for the week. Ran into Greg, the man who was taking care of the villa next to us back in February of this year. On that trip we had a robber in one of our bedrooms at 5:00am. Greg told me that after we left, a new group of people rented the villa & he warned them about what had happened to us. They must have thought it wouldn't happen again and left their doors & windows open. The first night they had a laptop stolen. :evil: Rotten buggers!!... Taxi back to hotel with supplies. Then off to Mismaloya for a day of fun at Oscar's restaurant on the beach. We had a bucket of beer in a 5 gallon bucket! 8) Lots of beers! Several hours later, back to hotel to get ready for a night on the town. Candie & I are off to Andale's. The staff there, Alexis, Ramon, Antonio, King David, Betty, Eva, Abel & Eric...welcomed me back and gave us a night to remember. They had never met Candie before, but made her feel like she had been coming there for years. Taxi back to the hotel. We were kinda hungry by now...early hours of the morning. We decided to make breakfast. Darn toaster! Only set the smoke alarm off once though :oops: Ya, Joe (my husband) was really impressed. :(

Day 3...First thing in the moring sitting out on the balcony sipping on coffee we struck up a conversation with neighbors next to us on our balcony. They were telling us about an alarm going off during the night... :( had to fess up & apologize. We all had a good laugh! Then went for a swim in the pool to wake up. Good call. Took bus to town again. Stopped at bakery on Basillo Badillo, headed towards beach, walked the Malecon, shopped a little, had a few beers at Las Palomas, stopped a market to shop, made appointments for massages on Tuesday, then off the Pipi's for lunch. Excellent margarita's. Joe & I tried the peach ones & Candie had a watermelon one. Then we walked up the hill towards Gringo Gulch. We had stayed up there in a villa several years ago & wanted to visit the old neighborhood. Got a good workout that's for sure after walking up those hills & stairs. Back to hotel for another swim. Joe & Candie went out on the town. Andale's & a few other bars. My daughter Mary & I stayed in and had a relaxing evening.

Day 4...Buffet breakfast at resort again. Then off to Bucerias for the day. What a nice laid back little town. Lots of people swimming in the water even though it was very windy today. Lots of shopping. Ate at Adriano's. Walked around town a little bit. We really didn't get to see as much as I wanted to see there today, but can visit again. Back to hotel for a swim, drinks, light dinner, sunet & to bed.

Day 5...Headed to Maritime terminal to get on The Gerinomo for a day of sailing. Served breakfast right away, snorkled at Marietas Islands...no fish! kind of disappointed about that...bar doesn't open until after snorkling...had lunch, went to the beach, kayaked, found seashells & then headed back in. Great crew & good drinks. Back to hotel, cleaned up & Joe & I off to town for the night. Walked around old town for awhile before ending up at Burro's for drinks & sunset. Met a couple from Wisconsin who had heard about some bar they wanted to visit. It was Andale's...guess where we ended up that night? :D ...

Day 6...Made breakfast in our room today. Joe went out to Mismaloya to find Chipole to go out in his panga tomorrow. Took bus into old town. Walked, shopped & ended up at the Healing Hands Massage place at Pipila 240 Downtown PV for our 75 minute massages. Only $35.00 for the deep tissue massage. I had Aurora again. She wonderful! :wink: :D Decided to head out to the marina for beers & lunch. Then back to old town for more shopping. Back to hotel for swimming & The Costa Sur Special drinks, then another beautiful sunset....lots of pictures.

Day 7...After getting up & out on the balcony drinking coffe, we could see 2 whales playing just a little way out in the bay. We watched them for about 1/2 hour before one of the big tourist boats spotted them and followed them. They disappeared from our view. Breakfast at hotel then off to Mismaloya for another day on the ocean. Chipole was waiting for us. We started at the Los Arcos. People were snorkling & we could see the fish from our boat. Then we slowly headed down south sightseeing. Stopped to snorkle...Lots of fish! Did a little fishing...caught jack mackerel. Dolphins swam around the boat for about 10 minutes, pretty cool. Then to Yelapa for lunch & beers & then back to Mismaloya. Back to hotel for a swim & more of those special blended drinks. Last night we decided to go to Roberto's for dinner. Steak & Lobster...yum, yum 8V8 Talking with one of the staff, we learned that it was the Fajita Republic's last night in that location. They are moving across the street and down to the Pacific Grill. The owner is going to combine the 2 into 1 restaurant. Also, The Las Margarita's across the street has closed down...no plans on reopening....darn....then off to Andale's to say goodbye to everybody & one last margarita.................until the next time W-|

Kimmie

northmb
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by northmb » Mon May 05, 2008 4:18 am

Great report kimmie! Sitting here looking out the window at the blizzard outside- reading your report helped warm me up! Sounds like you had a fantastic time!

Thanks for sharing!

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Kimmie In PV

Post by smitty » Mon May 05, 2008 11:53 am

A very entertaining report Kimmie ! The alarm story was funny and spotting the Whales is something you will never forget . :)

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon May 05, 2008 2:10 pm

Hey Kimmie... great report... only think missing was Lorrie and Me !!! maybe our paths will cross again downt there... thanks for sharing... take care...

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Mon May 05, 2008 7:07 pm

tojol57 wrote:Hey Kimmie... great report... only think missing was Lorrie and Me !!! maybe our paths will cross again downt there... thanks for sharing... take care...
Hey, and me and Fred too. Great report Kimmie. I need to find that massage place. What a great deal! I'll be there in a little over a month. And I can't wait!

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Great trip report

Post by lojol60 » Mon May 05, 2008 11:46 pm

Hola MontanaKimmie! Sounds like you had a great time even without us!! :lol: Wish we were going back soon. Looks like we will be waiting until Nov. Hope to see you then or else in Feb. Can't wait until we go back!!

MontanaKimmie
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by MontanaKimmie » Tue May 06, 2008 1:49 am

Hi everyone!
Hopefully we will all get to meet up again in PV. I get to plan the next trip for a few of us after hunting season, which is after Thanksgiving. :lol: I think it will be after New Year's when the holidays are over & people are ready to get away during the winter. Sandy, let me know if you need help finding that massage place!

Kimmie

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Thu May 08, 2008 5:11 am

Thanks for taking the time to share cant wait to get back. :D