Bucerias Trip April 15-30

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

pdxbuff
PV Guru
PV Guru
Bucerias Trip April 15-30

Post by pdxbuff » Wed May 07, 2008 10:04 pm

I stayed at Casa Tranquila and here is their web site link: http://www.casatranquila-bucerias.com/
This is a five unit apartment complex with a pool and adjacent used book store which also sells coffee, juices, soft drinks, muffins, banana bread, etc. The property is one block from the beach and about three blocks to El Centro. On the corner is a grocery store and two floors above is the Red Apple Place restaurant. Also, across the street is the Gecko Bar & Grill night club. A word of caution if you are a light sleeper, do not stay in the apartment that faces the street because the Gecko cranks up the music from 10 PM until 3 AM. Also, the top 3 units don't have A/C while the bottom two units do. The property has many beautiful potted plants, hanging vines, bouganvillia and it reminded me of the courtyard and pool at the Posada Roger Hotel in PV. Many of the local gringos stop for coffee and I was able to meet some interesting people during my visit.
I tried to eat at a different restaurant every day and almost succeeded. On the corner was the Red Apple Place restaurant and I ate breakfast there several times. Heading south you will find Sandrina's, Adriatico, and Mark's Bar & Grill. Across the street from Mark's is a brand new restaurant called Eva's Brickhouse. The owner's are a couple who moved from Santa Barbara, CA and they plan to air condition the restaurant this summer. Further down the street is beach front restaurant called Karen's which I enjoyed.
In El Centro, there are a number of beach front restaurants side by side starting with Adriano's which is painted a bright orange and ending with Mezzogiorno, an Italian restaurant on the north end. I ate at both of these restaurants as well as most of the others in between often since the breeze from the ocean made dining more pleasant.
In town facing the church near the highway is a new restaurant called The Twisted Rose. It serves basically anything that will fit between a bun as well as a french fries, salads,etc. and has a full bar. The owner, Hugh, said that he intends to air condition the place this summer.
Two good bars that I visited often were the Shamrock Pub and Yo Yo Mos. The latter having two very beautiful female bartenders.
I found Bucerias to be a very laid back town and the locals were very friendly. My main purpose of this trip was to totally relax, walk on the beach, read by the pool and eat and drink well and to forget about my dad's passing in March. I easily accomplished this. The beach was clean and you can walk for miles in either direction. Also, near El Centro is a large flea market for your shopping convenience. If you're looking for night life, this is not the place to go but then you are only a cab or bus ride away from PV.
Bucerias has a very nice website here: http://www.buceriasmexico.com/
I noticed that their virtual tour pictures were taken before the new, big 8-9 story condo eyesore was completed right on the beach.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Wed May 07, 2008 10:38 pm

pdxbuff I am sorry to hear about your Dad's passing..

Glad you were able to relax and enjoy your vacation..

I can picture the beach you walked on... My fav.
Thanks for taking the time to write your report..

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Thu May 08, 2008 5:09 am

sorry for your loss and thank you for sharing we loved bucerias as well and went twice while we were there.Our friends bought a condo in bucerias while we were there so it was very exciting.

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Thu May 08, 2008 1:49 pm

DELETED

pdxbuff
PV Guru
PV Guru

Thanks all for your thoughts regarding my dad.

Post by pdxbuff » Fri May 09, 2008 2:35 am

Bucerias made me forget.

margarita man 2

Post by margarita man 2 » Fri May 09, 2008 4:21 am

I to am sorry to hear about your loss. Bucerias is a great little place to get away from it all. We are celebrating my parents 50th anniv. next year at this time and we will be staying in Bucerias.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Mon May 12, 2008 6:45 pm

Great report. We love Bucerias and I hope to go back this winter to rent a condo/apartment whatever...Done with the All Inclusives I believe!

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon May 12, 2008 8:17 pm

pdxbuff - you know that you have Lorrie's and my deepest sympathies, thoughts and prayers with the loss of your father. Thank you for taking time to still write your trip report and share your time with us. I think many people have found that no matter how heavy of a burden we are carrying at the time, Vallarta and all the surrounding areas find a way to carry that load for a short time.

take care....

TNbear
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by TNbear » Fri May 16, 2008 12:45 am

Thanks for the great report. Mrs. Bear and I will be spending a week in Bucerias this fall and we are sure looking forward to it. Your report makes me even more anxious to get there.
We've been to PV twice now and Bucerias seems like a great change of pace.
Our condolances on your loss also, I cannot think of a nicer place to relax after such a time.

Ozark American
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

So sorry for your loss

Post by Ozark American » Fri May 16, 2008 8:07 pm

pdxbuff - I too would like to echo everyone's sentiments. Our first trip to Vallarta and our first vacation in 10 years was in January 2005. The day after we arrived, my mother passed away. Once we finally got home after the funeral, we tried to wrap ourselves up at work but still needed the vacation and time to heal. Thanks to Tom and Lorrie aka Mr. & Mrs. Crown and everyone's posts on this forum, we returned to Vallarta the following month for a full week and have been back to regroup and reflect every year since.

Janet aka Ozark American

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Bucerias

Post by smitty » Thu May 22, 2008 7:57 pm

Sounds like a very healing trip . :)