may 2008

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

BUFFETT 06
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
may 2008

Post by BUFFETT 06 » Sat May 31, 2008 5:54 pm

I was back down in P.V. shooting film for the documentary that I am working on. the first couple of days were pretty hot and then the weather just seemed to change. I never really get a chance to go out and about around town anymore. My days are generally filled with shooting and preparation for the next day. This trip however I did get the chance to shoot over to Andales, it was pretty fun. For the longest time I was the only person in their and after a few drinks the placed filled up. i got up from the bar and turned around and standing behind me was the donkey. at first i thought that i had one too many, it took a minute to realize that this could very well be the first time i had been in a bar with a donkey at the same time! I did get sick, i'm pretty sure it was from all the traveling that i did upon my arrival to P.V. That was it folks, like i said, my days were filled with work. the food as always was wonderful and the people were great once again. I posted some pictures of some of the kids on my account at myspace. i also did an interview about the project that i posted on their as well. if your interested.....

myspace.com/tokuhara_films

the interview is the last video on the page with the birds in the screen and the pics are on the top right of page.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Sat May 31, 2008 7:57 pm

Glad you enjoyed your eve. out at Andales...

Your photos have captured what I imagine it must be like at the dump...

I watched your interview.. :-)4
Moving..
I hope one day the cycle will be broken...
Enjoyed the kids singing..

Liked this photo
Finding elegance at the dump... :)
A Beautiful smile

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:24 am

Nice web site..... How come no pictures of the donkey?

BUFFETT 06
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by BUFFETT 06 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:26 am

believe me, if i had my camera i would have taken some pictures. it was a fun environment though, i definitely will return. and i appreciate the comments about the page.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:19 am

Did you eat at Andales? From most reports, that is a sure way to get sick,

zaksam321
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by zaksam321 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:25 pm

:roll:

Ive eaten at Andales at least 50 times and never had any problems. In fact its one of my favorite places to have breakfast.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:33 pm

I too have eaten at Andale's many time and NEVER gotten sick and I have pictures of the donkey!! :D

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Razzing Buffett

Post by smitty » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:20 pm

Maybe you weren't sick - it was separation anxiety between you and the donkey - :lol: I'm kidding you and I have also pondered upon the wierdness of a donkey as a bar buddy - but lets admit - he does have the ears to be a good listener! :lol:

BUFFETT 06
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by BUFFETT 06 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:09 am

no doubt, the donkey was cool. i did not get sick from eating their, i was in las vegas prior to going to PV and the weather was a cool 115 and then going into an air conditioned room did me in. just wanted to clear that up, the food at andales was actually pretty good.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:36 am

katnsocal wrote:I too have eaten at Andale's many time and NEVER gotten sick and I have pictures of the donkey!! :D
Yea
On second thought it was probably the drinking. The food was incidental.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:27 pm

For those that have not seen buffet's website it is very good...

buffet will you be going back to Puerto Vallarta to continue documenting Children of the Dump...

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:04 pm

On second thought it was probably the drinking. The food was incidental.
There's an old cowboy poster out there that has a intoxicated cowboy sitting at the counter of an all night cafe and the line under it says.... ' Never spoil a $100 drunk with a 50¢ hamburger.'

Quite true I think. Better to feed the donkey.

BUFFETT 06
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by BUFFETT 06 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:58 am

plus4- thank you for the kind words. i am going back at the end of July, August, October and November. I have a crew that is traveling with me. I have been working on this project since September and hope to complete by the end of 2008. As of now, the goal is the international documentary festival in Amsterdam.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:24 pm

Good Goal :)

Will watch for your posts here as you continue your project...

Buffet on one of the Playa del Carmen boards I go to there is member that lives outside of Amsterdam..
My husband Bill and I are planning a trip to Germany and Holland...This fellow has offered to show us around Amsterdam..
If you need a contact in Holland (maybe he can be of help to you) pm me and I will give you the info on how you can get in touch with him .

Best to you as you continue with this very important project.. :)