Oct 18-24

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

darla
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Oct 18-24

Post by darla » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:54 pm

I am bummin. My husband and I have been back from PV for 2 weeks now... :( We stayed at the DREAMS and had an outstanding week. We took the kayaks our a couple of days, snorkled in the bay and took a jungle trek up to a really beautiful waterfall. More importantly, we layed on the beach and soaked up the sun. I actually finished 2 books which was really cool. It was a week of total relaxation. AHHHHH!!!! I really needed that. The one thing we did notice is that there is a larger police presence downtown. We went into town almost every day to see what was going on. It's such a beautiful town and the people are really so nice. This was our 3rd trip to PV and this time, as I said above, there were a lot more police. We asked one of the taxi drivers and he said that they had recently had some drup/gang type activity and that the police were brought in to fix that. We didn't have any trouble whatsoever, just noticed the increase in police.
One thing that we are really excited about is that we booked a junior suite at the DREAMS since we like the slightly bigger rooms that they offer. When we got there, the building that the junior suites are in was closed for renovations, so we were downgraded to a deluxe room that was only a little smaller than the suite we had originally booked. Well, since we didn't get to stay in the suite that we booked, DREAMS gave us a free return visit (all inclusive) once the renovations are complete. All we have to do is pay airfare...YEAH!!! We are so excited at the prospect of coming back to this wonderful resort. They have 4 a la carte and 1 buffet style restaurants and all of them are simply delicious. They will definitely be seeing us again in the near future (on their dime). I feel really sad that we looked so forward to this trip and now it's done. I guess all I can do is wait for the next time that I get to leave reality for heaven on earth even if it is for only a little while.

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:50 pm

That's great! Most resorts prob would have said too bad. Sometimes it's all about the attitude we have when dealing with crappy situations. :)

darla
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by darla » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:57 am

Well, we've booked our "free trip" back to PV and the DREAMS resort. My husband and I will be there on the 23 of May for a week of fun in the sun. I can't wait!