Trip report to PVR Nov. 22 – 29, 2008 - GCP & CPC

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru
Trip report to PVR Nov. 22 – 29, 2008 - GCP & CPC

Post by lojol60 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:05 pm

Trip report to PVR Nov. 22 – 29, 2008. Stayed at the Golden Crown Paradise and the Crown Paradise Club

Friday worked all day and drove up to Minneapolis. Stayed at the Hilton Inn by the Mall of America utilizing their park and fly program. Grabbed a bite to eat and maybe got about 3 hours of sleep if lucky since we were so anxious to head to PVR.

Sat. up at 3:30 am and headed to the HHH Airport at 4:30. Got checked in right away and off to security. Took a little time getting through that with Dad but everything went ok. They decided to pre-board Mom and Dad before everyone else which worked out great. Flight left about 10 minutes late after de-icing. Arrived in PVR about 11:30. Waited for everyone to get off the plane so then they could get Dad off. Got thru Customs and there was a sign with VIP Services for transportation for my sister and her family. We had booked this direct from puertovallarta.net and would highly recommend it without a doubt (in fact we plan to use them in March when we go back). They called their main office in the main terminal while we went to claim luggage and play the red light green light game. Everyone got the green light so that was good. Both VIP Services and Accessible Mexico were there patiently waiting for all of us. Got Dad out to the van switched over to the electric wheelchair and off to the resort to get checked in. We highly recommend Accessible Mexico for anyone needing that type of assistance!! They were great and at the end of the trip they gave my parents a bottle of wine for their 50th wedding anniversary. We were at the resort by 12:30. Got checked in and both of our rooms were ready which was really nice. We had 1703 and Mom and Dad had 2101. Mom wanted to unpack so Dad and I headed up to our room to change and then walked around greeting everyone. Found my sister and her family on the beach having a great time. This was the first time our niece and nephew had flown on a big plane, seen the beach and the ocean! They were in total awe! Seeing the vacation through their eyes was so much fun! Dinner that night was at the La Palapa Mexican buffet at the CPC. After that we went over to see the Disney show. Visited with the staff and then went back to the resort and crashed as we had been up 21 hours straight.

Sun. slept in until about 7:30 and then off to do our doughnut run. Then back to the resort to have breakfast and then time to Sunbust. I had e-mailed Martin and Paco that we were coming and they were there waiting for us. What a great way to get a tan without getting sunburned. If you haven’t given it a try, it is well worth it. You get a nice tan without burning along with a mini massage each time. My Mom even tried it and really enjoyed it! Nice long walk along the beach and spent the day on the beach and around the resorts. We had dinner with my folks at Paradise with Poly. They have totally remodeled this restaurant and it is very nice. Poly is just as wonderful as ever. After dinner we met my sister and family and took the kids to the Mexican Fiesta so Ann and Chad could have dinner by themselves at the Japanese Restaurant.
Monday we had breakfast on the verandah and then off for our doughnut run and then down to the beach to Sunbust. Had another wonderful day on the beach and around the pool. Decided to have dinner with the entire family at the French restaurant at the CPC.

Tuesday we did our doughnut run and then everyone except Tom and Dad went on the Marigalante Pirate Ship. Our private pirate was Magli and we had a great time. Sean was selected to be in the show and had a great time!. Went over to Maujuitas and went kayaking, swimming, on the treasure hunt, and played volleyball. Everyone had a great time. Got back to the marina about 5:30 and then quick showered and then headed over to Rachel’s for our get together with the Activities staff. We try to do something for them every time we are in PVR. Rachel took care of all the details. She had ordered 120 tacos cooked 6 different ways. We had invited the entire Activities staff to join us and everyone ate until they were stuffed. My parents along with my sister and her husband had dinner at Salvador’s with Carlos. They had champagne and a special cake for their 50th wedding anniversary. They said everything was wonderful. Took the kids back to their resort about 10:30 and then decided to go down to Andales with Janet and Andres to start celebrating Tom’s birthday. Ran into Bella Luna and had a nice visit with her. Got home about 2:45.

Wed. (Tom’s birthday) up and off for our doughnut run and then back to the resort for our massages and then breakfast with Poly and then off to see Paco to Sunbust. Nice long walk along the beach and spent the day on the beach and around the pool. We had 6:15 pictures on the beach and then we had a private dinner on the beach for the 8 of us for Tom’s birthday Sean and Sarah wanted to have a picnic on the beach and were excited to say the least!! Then over to Club Nitro. They had our area all decorated with balloons, streamers, confetti, candy and signs. After the show, Jorge, the manager took Tom up front on stage and they sang Happy Birthday to him in Spanish and English and clanged the pans. He had a shot of tequila and then a cucaracha. Benji doused him with a bottle of champagne. Thank goodness he was a good sport. Then we decided to go change and head down to Andales. Got back to the room to find balloons and streamers all over our bed. Hooked up with another hotel guest Stanley from Canada and went to Andales. They sang Happy Birthday to Tom as well and King David provided a complimentary shot of tequila. Got home about 3:30.

Thursday (Thanksgiving Day) up and off to do the doughnut run, back for massages, breakfast with Poly, Sunbust with Paco. Spent most of the day on the beach. We took Fernando’s catamaran out for an hour and had a great time! My folks had been invited to the anniversary/honeymooners cocktail party at the Breeze bar at 6:30 so we picked them up about 7:00 and went to dinner at Salvador’s with Carlos. Went over to the show at Club Nitro and had a great time! Jorge and Norma had Club Nitro shirts made for all the guys that said Mr, Crown and for all the girls that said Mrs. Crown. The family thought that was pretty cool. Tom and I decided to go back down to Andales once again. Got home about 2:30.

Friday (our last full day in PVR): Up and off to do our doughnut run and then back for our massages and then breakfast with Poly and then down to the beach to Sunbust, walk along the beach and soak in all the rays we could get. Went up to the room late in the afternoon to pack and enjoy our verandah. My folks had dinner with my sister and her family as we had the return guest party on the beach. Went to the show and then hung out at Club Nitro afterwards chatting with the activities staff and Club Nitro staff. Everyone signed the reserved sign that had for our group. It was hard to tell everyone good bye! Got back to the hotel about 2:00.

Sat. had breakfast on the verandah and then off to do our last doughnut run, tell everyone goodbye. Accessible Mexico came to the resort about 9:15 and got us all loaded up and off to the airport. Got right in and checked through security by 10:30. Walked around the airport and looked around and grabbed a bite to eat and was on the airplane and headed home about Noon. Had a good flight home. However, once we got into Iowa, we ran into rain which turned into snow and ice. Yuck!! Got home about 9:00 pm and was ready to turn around and head back to PVR!!

We had an absolutely fantastic family vacation thanks to all of the staff at the Golden Crown Paradise, Crown Paradise Club, Club Nitro, Sunbusters, Accessible Mexico, VIP Services Transportation (booked through puertovallarta.net), and Sun Country airlies. Everyone went above and beyond to help make our vacation superior with memories we will cherish forever!!). Tom and I are already counting the days until we go back in March!! :D

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Sunbust?

Post by pvgemini » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:58 pm

Lorrie:

Sunbust must be the application of sunscreen, all over, with a massage to boot? By a man? I'd be all over that!!

Doughnut run to where? I've seen them at Walmart........

Sally

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:08 am

Yes, we did our daily doughtnut run to Wal-Mart for the staff. They love it! Sunbusters has Paco and Sylvia for the sunscreen and mini massage. You can't go wrong! Wish we were back down there. It is freezing in Iowa with more snow on the way. Yuck!!! 97 more days until we are back in warm and sunny PVR!!

jjbcroft
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by jjbcroft » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:14 am

Happy belated birthday, Tom!
Loved your trip report, it makes us that much more excited to be returning to the GCP this January - this time for 9 nights - whooo-hoooo!!
We're looking to do maybe a couple of day-long trips since we have more time this year, what would you suggest? I'll bet your family was finally glad to experience firsthand the place you and Lorrie call your second home!
As I write this, it's about 5 degrees and headed down. Have I mentioned yet that I HATE winters in Iowa??!!

JJ & JC

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:03 pm

Great report. As I sit here looking out at another foggy, dreary day, I can feel the Puerto Vallarta sun.

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:13 am

Hey girl! That was a great trip report, as always. I felt like I was right there with you.....almost. I'm glad everything worked out wonderful for your family. I'm sure the kids loved it!

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Forgot to mention

Post by lojol60 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:42 pm

I did forget to mention a couple of things that are now being offered by the GCP. When you check in, you will get a coupon for a free tropical tour. This has nothing to do with a timeshare presentation. This is just the resort's way of saying thank you.

Also, Martin and Nacho have now set up that you can go to Si Senor or Blue Shrimp with a set dining menu at no extra charge. They have the menus at the Activities Palapa. We wanted to go DT to one or both but with the family and Dad not wanting to leave the resort, it made it really tough.

We definitely will utilize both of these when we go back in March!!

JJ and JC if you get a chance, walk over to Wal-Mart and take the bus to Sayulita for the day. We went twice last Feb. and are already planning on going with Janet, Rachel and Andres in March. On the way back, stop in Bucerias for a few cocktails (or bucket of beer) and some fabulous shrimp at either Dugarel's or El Pescador. You won't be disappointed!! :D

jjbcroft
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by jjbcroft » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:17 am

Lorrie,

What do we need to take/pack for a day at Sayulita? We want to have a relaxing day somewhere we haven't been yet, but isn't gonna cost a ton of $$. Is that where the famous Pie lady is?

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:09 pm

Nice report Lori. looking forward to a great time ourselves in less than a month.

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:15 am

the pie lady is in yelapa...worth the trip...yelapa is relaxing also!!!

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:28 pm

jjbcroft wrote:Lorrie,

What do we need to take/pack for a day at Sayulita? We want to have a relaxing day somewhere we haven't been yet, but isn't gonna cost a ton of $$. Is that where the famous Pie lady is?
JJ/JC for a day trip to Sayulita, a towel, some pesos, flip flops and relaxation... it is great time that is for sure... we just loved... and as Benito stated the pie lady is in Yelapa... but we found pastries, tamales, etc... on the beach that were fantastic in Sayulita... and the little tienda up the street you can get some beers for little to nothing... granted you have to make trips to get them, but better than some of the prices on the beach... LOL... but if you want, take the day trip to Majuhuetas and Yelapa ... it is a fun day, and relaxing as well...

miss you guys... Tom