buenaventura resort feb 13th-20th

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

army88
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
buenaventura resort feb 13th-20th

Post by army88 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:57 pm

just got back from another awsome vacation in pv. the hotel exceded our expectations. the staff in all areas were great ramon carlos lety delia patricio isidrio and so on are very nice people. did alot of hanging out at the resort this time around. im gonna have to let my liver heal, it took a serious beating. drinks just a little strong. the food was great in all restaraunts.grounds are very well kept. we did the all inclusive and it was well worth it. steaks on the grill just about every day. we did hit dulce vita for seafood pizza.YUMMY! we rented a 2009 jeep for 24hrs at the cost of $8o usd. that was fun, keeps my driving skills in tune while im there. we started from the south to show some friends el eden for a drink then chinos and off to chicos for another. then we stopped in boca prior to heading north. had to speed past the dreams resort because it was just alittle rough smelling if you know what i mean :shock: we stopped at the resort for lunch and i must say the vallarta style shrimp cocktail is mighty tastee. after lunch we buckled in for the trip to the beach disteladeras near la cruz..place is too well known now. i say that because i had to pay for parking and the beach was packed. in all it was a great day to spend out and about. we partied at andales 3 times. the first night at andales i was able to meet king david. he is a busy dude. I am a chicago white sox fan so i brought some white sox stuff and he agreed to display because he also thought it was cool. they have green bay packer foam cheeese head hat displayed up high so he said he would do the same with the sox stuff..well i think ive been had by king david because the second and third night i didnt see it anywhere. oh well at least i tried. on the 19th i booked a fishing excursion for the second time at los muertos pier with juan santana on the panga Vikingo. i'll have to admit manuel and adrian for as young as they are know their $#@? when it comes to fishing the spots out of the bay. last years trip $400 usd to the corbetena 6 tuna 1 being 100 pounds. this years trip we went to el banco and let me tell ya its named the bank for good reason, we cashed in on 2 striped marlin 4 eldorado and 7 tuna and lucky enough to fish amongst a family of a thousand or more dolphin. chasing what the tuna were after. only for $500 usd + tip.well worth it, trip of a life time! to top it off we were able to meet ellen and dave and the travelbug joyce and fred. very nice folks i must say. i hope you all are enjoying the fresh fish god blessed us with. driving down next year from aurora ill. cant wait cheer to all!..........ps king david please stick to your word ...Go Sox

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:26 pm

Robert, it was great meeting you and Amy as well as your friends Cliff and Barb. I think I can speak for Joyce when I say you are a real gentleman and I hope we can get together again another year when you're here.
Ellen
Last edited by ellen on Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:59 pm

The fishing trip sounds awesome!

Will look for the Sox stuff at Andale's next week. Maybe he had not had time to put it up yet!

Sally

army88
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by army88 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:20 pm

hi sally! yeah the fishing trip we booked is unforgetable. im gonna do my best as to try and post some pics of our trip on pv.net. and if you happen to not see the black foam whit sox hand, i guess he's a die hard fan such as my self lol. and if you see king david do as my mother would when we were kids, she would grab us by the ear and ask what did we do with what ever we wern't supposed to touch ?..lol... just kidding, he seemed to be a nice person....and as for our new found friends that our fortunate enough to live in a world known destination for the period of time you choose, cheers to you. i'm that much more wealthier in that sense. and it would be fun to meet more when the time presents it self...peace..Robert

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:50 pm

Robert, thanks for the trip report. It was indeed our pleasure to meet you all as well. Sounds like you had an amazing fishing trip and some of the tuna made its way to my fridge too! Thanks for that.
I hope we get to meet up again next year and perhaps take you up on that offer you graciously extended.
Looking forward to those pictures!

Joyce

army88
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by army88 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:56 pm

joyce it was our pleasure. next year if we can plan it right we can meet at our family home in colotlan and ill show u all around and we can follow one another back down to pv. theres gonna be another fishing trip planned so be sure you and ellen have adequete freezer space.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Robert's Report

Post by smitty » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:10 pm

Sounds like a very enjoyable vacation - nice resort - great adventures - meeting new friends . :)

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:36 pm

Nice trip report, certainly you met some very nice people too :-)

Greetings

Mogens