PV lovely as ever

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

islena
PV Fan
PV Fan
PV lovely as ever

Post by islena » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:42 am

I would like to copycat the feeling already posted:
Once again Puerto Vallarta stole my heart.
Just returned from 10 lovely days there. Sigh.
Will write more manana.

MartyC
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by MartyC » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:54 pm

Waiting patiently.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:14 pm

glad to hear that the Vallarta Virus is still in full bloom... HA HA HA she really does touch ones soul that is for sure...

islena
PV Fan
PV Fan

some of lovely PV

Post by islena » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:51 am

See my comment about the fantastico taxi service available at
this website. I also got the best rate for Dreams here, at this website.

I like the Dreams resort. Every room has an ocean view. The flexibility of the Dreams Resort all inclusive food service suits us well. The staff is
very upbeat. The maids clean and tidy very well. The beach is the best.

Sunday evening - couldn't wait . Went to Olas Altas for first time. The palm tree trunk burros adorable at Burros Bar. Forgot camera :cry: Many boutiques closed for their Sunday but magic of Mexico prevailed : instead found shop with magazines in Spanish - Contenido (can't get it at home) and one about Pig Hunting (wild pigs are a problem here at rural USA home)

The others came in for supper at Fajita Republic - This location is smaller than used to be across the street. Same good fresh food, good service, good atmosphere - lively but not too rowdy. Wish them continued success.

MONDAY - My beach bum travel companions sit under the shade on the sand while I take a quick taxi ride to go shopping in El Centro. North on Juarez to Woolworths - for music CDs - compilations and re-releases at a very cheap $5 or less each and a few new releases - my favorite Mexican bands - corridos and norteno style in general. Enjoyed the walk on Juarez and Morelos south to the plaza. Picked up brochures and maps in the tourist office. I get to the Dreams lunch buffet while the others are choosing among the desserts.

Tuesday - Started at east end and shopped the whole Cuale market. Shady and cool in places. Fun. But I kept forgetting to haggle the prices. The small macrame bag - lined, with zipper - I should have tried but it seemed worth 100 pesos to me. Clean, well stocked public restroom well worth the 5 pesos. At west end, up the stairs and over the bridge heading south. 1st shop after bridge - intriguing, textiles ?, didn't go in. Went to corner for vendor wagon with thick striped woven bag I needed, and an abuelo and toddler to oversee my purchase. The next shop - good service, good price on manta pants & tops for women and unique jewelry. Shell earrings tipped by hand in gold paint - 52 pesos. Abalone stick and creamy pearl bib-like necklace $15. Also nice bags. Don't know the name of shop. On right side of bridge is construction site of Cuale Condos. On left is shop just before the taxi stand.

Wednesday - again north on Juarez. Have you been to Eggo? trendy jeans & tops including some styled in jersey with Mexican embroidery / inspired touches.

Okay, we know that the taxi prices are set. But it is so easy - $5 for the
50 peso ride includes a tip and avoids scrambling for change. One chofer
remembered me from last year !

si quieres - if you want, more shopping manana

islena

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Lovely PV

Post by smitty » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:42 pm

Nice report Islena ! :)

MartyC
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by MartyC » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:59 pm

Well done report. Glad you enjoyed the Romantic Zone, or Old Town. We love that part of PV.