Review - Fiesta Americana, May 10-15

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

load_warrior1
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Review - Fiesta Americana, May 10-15

Post by load_warrior1 » Mon May 18, 2009 6:56 pm

My wife and I stayed at Fiesta Americana for 5 nights, May 10 - 15. First time at that resort, like the 10th time to PV. We got a GREAT rate on an air/room package and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is very nice and well maintained, the rooms are all ocean-view with a balcony. We were on the 6th floor with a perfect view of downtown and the bay. The beach isn't that great but the pool was nice, very warm. We had a couple of breakfasts and 1 lunch at the hotel, food was pretty typical. While we were there they lowered all the food prices 25%. The only downside was there's pretty much nothing within walking distance but it's a short cab/bus ride downtown.

Overall we had a great time and would stay there again, for what we paid it exceeded our expectations. The resort was only maybe 25-30% full, and El Centro and Old Town were pretty slow too. Basically meant we could go to any restaurant we wanted and not have a wait, so it's not all bad.

darla
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by darla » Tue May 19, 2009 2:46 pm

Sounds like you had a good time. It's good to know someone who's come and gone and not gotten sick.

mason
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by mason » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:10 am

darla wrote:Sounds like you had a good time. It's good to know someone who's come and gone and not gotten sick.
ive been here for 3 months so far and still not sick.. is it normal to get sick?????????? do i have something to look forward to????

no planning on eating street tacos, or drinking tap water. :D

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:47 am

Mason,
You are missing out on one of the best things about living in PV (street tacos), LOL. Just look for the stands with alot of people or taxi drivers. The local Mexican people will get the same food bourne illnesses that visitors get, they know what stands to eat at and what ones to stay away from. Try them you don't know what you are missing.

darla
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by darla » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:09 pm

Mason,

I posted that back when the h1n1 was big. We were getting ready to go and all the media reports were telling us...don't go or you'll get sick. We've been to PV a number of times now and have never gotten sick. Sorry for the confusion.

Darla

seann
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

who gets sick

Post by seann » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:56 pm

No One Hardly gets sick in Vallarta

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by oneistwo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:09 pm

Thanks for the report on Fiesta. I didn't see it when you first posted. We stay next door at Los Tules and we wonder if it would be a good overflow if we bring a crowd with us, or if we stretch our time in PV.

RobR1
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

fiesta

Post by RobR1 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:43 pm

Great place and returning in 2 weeks. FYI there are 2 rooms on every floor next to the elevators that face the street. They tried to place us in one saying there were no oceanviews available. She didn't realize we were the first off the bus and ran to the counter. When my wife told her there are 40-50 people behind us expecting oceanviews we were miraculously given a great room!!