Trip Report June 7-14, 2009

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

JMBJHB
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Trip Report June 7-14, 2009

Post by JMBJHB » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:25 pm

My wife and I just concluded a trip to P.V. This is our third. We stayed at the Grand Mayan in Nuevo Vallarta (RCI timeshare exchange). We were originally slated to be at the Mayan Palace in the Marina, but it was closed for lack of business, so they shipped everyone up north.

The purpose of the trip was 100% relaxation. And, that is what it was. We did not go on any tours. Spent all day either swimming in the ocean, reading at the pool, shopping in town and/or going out to fabulous restaurants.

Without going into a lot of detail, we can say that this was one of the best (if not THE best) vacations we have ever taken. Dispite all the crazy rumors out there, we had absolutely NO health or security problems. The hotel was 5 star. We had a one BR unit with a living room, dining area and full kitchen. It even had a private swimming/sitting pool for every room!

Our 100% recommended restaurants: La Palapa, Vista Grill, River Cafe, and Cafe des Artistes. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
:D

CaballioDiablo
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by CaballioDiablo » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:13 pm

Great TR :D I will have to admit though, IMHO, La Palpa has got to be the biggest rip-off and tourist trap in PV. A few years back a friend and I went for dinner there: 1 beer, 1 margarita, 2 chicken breast entrees on a bed of rice, no appitizers, they did not even provide bread! =728 pesos WITHOUT the tip!