Trip Report Feb. 9 through Feb. 23

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

woody
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Trip Report Feb. 9 through Feb. 23

Post by woody » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:06 pm

First thanks to others who reported we had a fabulous trip. So in return I am making my first report. We arrived on Feb. 9 and like other reports we survived the airport scene. We took the airport taxi to our small Mexican owned hotel for $22.00. This hotel is located in zone 1. old downtown area.

Our hotel (Hortencia) was a small hotel, nothing fancy but the rooms were clean. Our room had two double beds, and fair size bathroom and shower. There was a small balcony which we enjoyed watching the street vendors from. I should let you know we traveled to PV on a budget. We wanted to stay as long as we could from the cold back home and this hotel was great. For two weeks we paid $28.00 dollars a night. They had a great court yard where many of the guests gathered around 5:00 p.m. with drinks in hand for a little chit chat. We got lots of good advice from many of the guests who had been there for a while.

We found a great little pastry shop called Munguia on Lebertad for 6 pesco's we got two great pastrys. This became our regular morning stop.

Many days we would walk to beach about 4 blocks away and hang out doing alot of people watching. We made a trip to Wal-Mart for a few supplies as our hotel had a refrigerator so we could have cold beer, and sandwich material on hand. From downtown the bus ride is 6.5 pesco's each way.

One of the great little restaurants we found was Taste of Italy on Olas Altas #336. The owners Rosie and Richie were great. Made you feel like old friends and by the end of our trip we had become friends. Two hamburgers, french fries, and 2 beers 130 pescos., Other days we tried there Spaghetti and split one order which filled both of us up. about 70 pescos. They also had great subs. which we also split and was more then enough for 55 pesco's. Another great local stop is Que Pasa great cold beers, also serve breakfast all day long but they're b.b.que sandwiches and ribs are to die for.
and the prices are very reasonable, with specials each day.
I will continue my report I seem to be running out of room it is a little lengthy. Later