Trip Report Feb. 9 through Feb. 23 continued

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

woody
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Trip Report Feb. 9 through Feb. 23 continued

Post by woody » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:39 pm

Back again, some of the other great places to eat included Tako's Pancho, right next to Cafe ola. Very small but the best taco's and very cheap. Casa Roma on Encinco has great pizza and beer not to mention very clean bathrooms and free calls to home. We did not make many excursions but did a snorkel trip with Reinhard Dressler he does this on his own and is not connected with a tour group. This was fun and for $30.00 per person you get a full day with 5 or 6 stops and lunch. You bring your own dinks but he has coolers for them. One thing I would reccomend is a water camera. Most stops the boat can not go all the way to the beach so you have to swim in and we could not bring our camera so missed some beautiful pictures. Also the currants from the ocean were much differant then I had ever experienced so even if you are a strong swimmer I would wear the life jackets. We had a scarey experiance and after that I always had my life jacket. But well worth the trip. We also took the bus to Sayulita where the beach is nice and this is where the surfers like to go. Big waves, we don't surf but had a great lunch and enjoyed watching. The trip is about $5.00 by bus. We also enjoyed a day trip to the Marina just north of downtown again you can catch the bus for 6.5 pescos each way. A lot differant atmosphere then downtown but fun to look at the yachts, and sailboats. Victor's is a fun place to eat and if you are there in the evening Victor himself may show up to share his tequilla with you.
A few other places we liked to stop at was Cheekey Monkey $1.00 beer and margaritas plus they're homemade onion rings a great. On one day we did the Los Arcos Hotel day pass, located on Olas Altas. For $15.00 per person you have use of there pool, beach towels, lounge chairs and umbrella plus clean bathrooms. You get a credit voucher for $11.00 that can be used on food and drinks. We hit happy hour but spent the day and each had 5 corona's so it makes for a nice beach day. Plus the shrimp on the stick from the beach vendor for 25 pescos is wonderful.

We spent much time on the Malecon watching people, ocean enjoying cold beers and margaritas. We already are making plans for next year. Thanks again for others who posted here as many of these places I have mentioned we would not of found without your help. Bye for now.

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:07 am

Great report Woody! It sounds like you had a wonderful time and I love all the places you mentioned. The only bad thing about reading your report is, it sure makes me want to go back NOW!!! But I guess I'll have to wait until next year.