Melia May14-21 2011 - DISAPPOINTED!

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

ITLGuy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Melia May14-21 2011 - DISAPPOINTED!

Post by ITLGuy » Tue May 24, 2011 5:43 pm

After reading reviews of the Melia we expected to have great service and get value for our money - Boy were we wrong!

We stayed at the Melia for 1 week to attend a wedding (there were over 40 in our party). We arrived to find a short staffed front desk and not a gratuity in sight (this was the first time I have been to an AI that didnt at the very least have someone greeting new arrivals with a cool drink)

After a very long wait to get checked in (at dinner time no less) we finally got to our booked Ocean View room to find that we had two double beds for the 4 of us overlooking the garden (we had our daughters with us aged 4&8 ). They were to excited to go through the hassle of changing rooms so we decided to wait until the next day and set out to find dinner and explore. Unfortunatly there was not much information or staff to be found so we had to wait for over an hour for the buffet to open...

The next day it took us 2 tries to get an appropriate room, both times having to pay for an "upgrade" even though we had already paid the extra in the first place... Everytime the front desk had some other excuse and no real answer to our concerns of paying more. The first room was identical to our first just closer to the ocean and the second was the room we finally needed for the four of us in Jr Suite. Throughout all of this and the hours spent waiting the indifferent staff was less than helpful as well. We found the rooms smelt musty and the airconditioning even at full could barely keep up.

Throughout the rest of the trip there was one small thing after another - closed amenities for the kids, lack of staff and only two pleasant servers out of all of them that took the time to be attentive and smile.

We also tried to book a la carte meals a few times but we couldnt due to being full (yet walking by there were tables empty) and when we finally did get a booking for an 8pm seating we arrived to find out our kids were not allowed to enter - and this is a kid friendly resort???????????

The final straw for us was when we finally found a manager to complain to the only thing he had for us was a card for tripadvisor to write a review... WTF!

Overall I would have to say avoid this resort and spend your money elsewhere. I have been to PV well over 2 dozen times since the mid 80's and by far this was the worst resort by far that I have stayed at.