Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

albertahearts
PV Fan
PV Fan
Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa

Post by albertahearts » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:39 pm

We chose this hotel because we wanted adults only and the ratings were very good. We didn't expect to have lucked out as we did though. We chose not to do the all-inclusive because we wanted to experience Puerto Vallarta's culture instead of feeling obligated to stay at the resort since this was the first time in PV for both of us. We did have breakfast at the hotel most days and the service was impeccable. The location of the hotel made it easy to get around and we were walking distance to virtually everything we could have wanted. Even the tours we wanted to go on were accommodated exactly to what we asked.

The hotel rooms were immaculate, the spa suite was well worth the upgrade, and the cleaning staff was not only efficient but friendly. In fact, the Concierge who comes from Switzerland went the extra mile with everything she did for us. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to feel pampered.

Room Tip: We upgraded to the spa suite upon arrival, but there are no bad rooms from what we saw.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Villa Premiere... pros and cons?

Post by webmaster » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:58 pm

Great report, for future visitors, what are your impressions regarding the hotel:

Who does the hotel cater to, younger couples, older couples, singles?
Based on the price, is it a hotel that delivers?

Things you liked, things that could be improved?

You went out to eat in town, where did you go? Any goods and bads?

Tours, did you take any, how were they, price/quality, etc.

About Vallarta, what did you like, not like, could be improved.

Any photos you can share?

Some information that you missed online, that could have been useful before your trip to Puerto Vallarta?

I am going to plan a trip to Vallarta next month, so the more updated info the better :-)

Greetings

M.

albertahearts
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by albertahearts » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:47 am

Great report, for future visitors, what are your impressions regarding the hotel:
- we loved it. We plan to go back specifically to this hotel, and several of the people staying there are multiple repeat customers. I think that's a heck of a strong statement when there are that many clients that return year after year with all of the choices available.

Who does the hotel cater to, younger couples, older couples, singles?
Based on the price, is it a hotel that delivers?
- the hotel caters to all adults, couples seemed to be the norm but I think that was just our exposure. We felt the price was good for the cleanliness, service, and the fact that it was adults only. All three of these attributes were very important to us.

Things you liked, things that could be improved?
-I can't specifically think of anything the hotel could have improved on. They seemed genuinely interested in making our experience wonderful, and delivered exactly that.

You went out to eat in town, where did you go? Any goods and bads?
- We ate at Andales (okay, not great), La Destilerja on the Malecon - excellent service, very good food. Oscar's further south on the Malecon was the best we had, service and food were impeccable, and a very memorable way to spend our Valentine's day. We were also told that the next time we go not to miss Barcelona's - a tapas bar but the food is supposed to be extraordinary and I heard this from several people.

Tours, did you take any, how were they, price/quality, etc.
- We took several tours, all through Vallarta Adventures. We enjoyed the evening Pirate ship, Rhythms of the Night, the Canopy tour zip lining, and the Sea Safari. For the entertainment, we felt they were all good value. We also did parasailing from the beach and it was money well spent.

About Vallarta, what did you like, not like, could be improved.
- We like the fact that it was authentic Mexico. We loved that the location of the hotel let us easily walk the Malecon and surrounding area, taking in the shops, sights, smells, and overall atmosphere, all while hearing waves on the beach.

Any photos you can share?
- I have pictures of us on the Pirate ship, but as one of the recruits for female pirate that had to audition, it's probably in my best interests not to share those... There was wine and waves, not conducive to my best ability to take pictures. I will have to take more pictures next time. And there will definitely be a next time!!

Some information that you missed online, that could have been useful before your trip to Puerto Vallarta?
- We initially booked in October, so we had months to research everything. This sight was one that helped us prepare for our trip and make the most of it. We're very grateful to all PV bloggers here that helped us have a fantastic trip.
If there was to be one thing I'd warn to be wary of, tequila tasting is often a way to try and encourage you into timeshares. Also several of the tour kiosks are in the timeshare business and the tour part is a lure. If knowing that from the outset, it's easy to avoid awkwardness. Beach vendors selling everything from wraps to jewelry are easy to dissuade if you just say "no thank you".

I am going to plan a trip to Vallarta next month, so the more updated info the better
- If you want pristine perfect everything, it may not delver what you expect. If you want real Mexico without any sugar coating and oodles of Mexican culture, you are headed in the right direction if you stay where we did or close to it. If you can afford to spoil yourself, take tours and dine at the many reputable restaurants, you will undoubtedly have a great time. For us, the whole point of a vacation is to spoil yourselves and splurge to make it special.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks a lot

Post by webmaster » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:14 pm

Thanks for the time and the answers, helps a lot to understand your experience and your expectations.

The question now is, do people actually know what Mexico is about and what a real Mexican experience is? So they know what they are jumping in to? :-)

Greetings

M.

albertahearts
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by albertahearts » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:22 pm

It's true, everyone has different expectations. We saw families working together, everything wasn't always clean and perfect - it was real. The Malecon itself is touristy, but we walked off the beaten path a bit and were comfortable with it. That may well not be everyone's cup of tea, but if I wanted to see everything all neat and tidy, I could go to any high end mall anywhere and get that.

I have to say the people made it better. Friendly, genuine, unpretentious people is what we mostly came in contact with. We never felt unsafe and when we had tiny language issues, it was fun and we worked together to figure it out. There wasn't the stress that we're used to because nobody seemed to be in any hurry at all. We learned how to enjoy the "Mexican minute". I must say, I'm a fan of the concept.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:31 pm

Good for you. Many turisticos do not enjoy the pulse of Mexcian entrepreneurs trying to capitalize on garnering tourist dollars. You seem to accept it. That makes you a perfect turistico. Many people just want the warm weather and sun and surf without the locval culture.

For them AI resorts ate a better choice, VP is one of the premier sites in old town.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:52 pm

Keith: I just wonder if it is really the "local culture" we see, or if it is a "tourist culture"? You know, a culture put on because it is expected? Like a Mexican on a burro or such? Chuck... 8)