Mayan Palace Nuevo - Day 3 (live from their Inet Cafe!)

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

JL
Mayan Palace Nuevo - Day 3 (live from their Inet Cafe!)

Post by JL » Thu Jul 19, 2001 6:36 pm

Buenos...er....hello!

:)

My folks gave us a timeshare suite (king bed, kitchen etc) for our wedding gift (Im on my honeymoon) and we have been EAGERLY anticipating our visit to this place after all the good things I read and heard.

When we arrived, they had given the room away - even though we booked it 4 months ago and called about 4 different times to reconfirm.

The room they stuck us in (at first) was a ground floor 2-beds no kitchen crappy hotel room with a broken safe. I spent 3 hours of my first afternoon sitting in the room while they tried to figure out how to get the safe to work. The room didnt even face the ocean.

At this point we have been moved into a nicer ocean view room - but it is not a suite, it is 2 beds pushed together and no kitchenette. Im very unhappy with the way we have been treated so far. They offered us free breakfasts and dinners but I have yet to see if they will honor it They also told RCI Mexico (and Canada) that we had been moved into a suite and given a free dinner to compensate us. Not true. BEWARE of this situation when considering a timeshare purchase. There are timeshare salespeople everywhere by the way, but Im fore-armed with the knowledge of this and dont plan to talk to them. To their credit they have not approached me once - I dont feel hassled.

Having said that, the resort is physically fantastic (the pool is unparalleled), and all the service staff are wonderful and very friendly. The prices are a bit high (ok, VERY high) for food but Im ok with that because it seems to be good quality.

I plan to write a full epinion (www.epinion.com) about the experience and I dont think I can give it 5 stars - I think it is a 5 star facility with 4 star management.

Also took our first day tour to Las Caletas and really, really enjoyed it. Learned to scuba dive too! They are highly recommended, in my books (so far.....we still have 3 more tours with them so who knows right? :)

More soon....

JL