Club Viva Vallarta

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Trish
Club Viva Vallarta

Post by Trish » Mon Sep 10, 2001 2:37 am

I know people like lots of info on a hotel before traveling. We just got back from a fantastic week at Club Viva.
The food was great, restaurants fantastic. I especially liked the Portofino restaurant. We got a Spanish Coffee at end, it was great.
The buffet had 2 soups, rolls, salad, appetizer, veggies/potatoes, several main courses ie. meat, pasta, etc. fruit, and dessert.
Pizza was good.
Staff extremely friendly, many were from Canada. Some of the best shows I've seen.

Grounds beautiful, clean. It is in jungle on a cliff. Of course if you pick jungle, you pick creatures with eg. large spiders, scorpions, lizards but not in excess. Be careful many bees and wasps too, but they weren't too aggressive, they liked to get a taste of the pina coladas too.
pools nice, beach good, not great for snorkelling, very wavy, many people boogie boarding and surfing.
Rooms, clean, large. free safe in room, fridge stocked with free pop and water. tv ok, many stations Spanish but who stays in room and watches tv all day on holiday?
hot in Sept. a few mosquitoes. quieter this time of year, could affect service. Met several people who were there 2nd/3rd time or plan on returning.
Bus shuttle to town available 10-2pm or 3-8pm for $8usd. 45 min. drive.
Archery,tennis, gym, water sports, volleyball, waterpolo, dance lessons, etc. lots to do!
lots of walking on grounds, up and down hill, many stairs too.

definately recommend especially if you like an all inclusive, outside of it all, and want to relax.