Just returned from the Crown Paradise- AWESOME

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Robbie TO
Just returned from the Crown Paradise- AWESOME

Post by Robbie TO » Tue Oct 15, 2002 4:04 am

Thanks to all of you for providing me with great info about Puerto Vallarta and the Crown Paradise Resort (special thanks to Chuck and Max for all their help). My girlfriend, Cindy and I just got back to Toronto at 2:08 this morning and am now just getting coherent enough to post a message.

I will post a detailed (and i mean detailed ;) ) trip report in the future but I will post some general impressions of the city and the Crown Paradise Resort.

1. What can I say the city is BEAUTIFUL... The sunsets there are unbelievable... Every picture I took (about 190 digital pics, 4 rolls of film for Cin and 1 water camera ;D ) looked like a postcard.

2. Yelapa is soooo cool. Cin and I spent an hour all by ourselves in the waterfall... It was sooo beautiful and refreshing after the 45 minutes it took us getting lost in the jungle... Let's just say stick to the beaten path. Make sure if you go to take the public transit to Boca de Tomalon (sp?) and take a water taxi. The ride there is an experience by itself.

3. The Zoo bar is happening... Pretty packed. Went one night (think it was a Tuesday) at 1 and got in for free, but it cost 115 pesos for a drink and a corona :o Went back on Friday night at 1 and the place was packed and they wanted 100 pesos to get in but with 2 drinks free... Ladies free... anyway, i thought it was kinda funny that it cost us less for the two drinks with the cover :-D

4. The Crown Paradise Resort is beautiful. It is located about 5 minutes from the bus stop and 10 minute bus ride into town... at 4 pesos it can't be beat (taxi was only 30 pesos). The water is surprising clear considering that it is soo class to the Marina. Cin had a blast with the Boogie Boards and the nice waves.

5. The food in the resort was fantastic. The cheeseburgers and tacos from the grill were great. The restaurants particular Salvador's was really good. They usually had a steak, pasta, chicken and seafood selection everyday. Fridays was seafood night at Paradise and they served all types including Crab and Shrimp. The only thing you will notice if you haven't been to Mexico before is that the beef is a little tough. The taste of the sauces are very good though.

6. The staff are very nice. Danny as has been said many times by Chuck and others is a really nice and funny guy. Rachel was a blast playing Tequila volleyball with us guys... She certainly had many guys not concentrating on the ball a few times :o

7. The weather was fantastic... We only saw it rain once during the whole week. Cin and I sat on our balcony watching an amazing lightning show over downtown. Oddly, there wasn't one drop of rain over our hotel though. It did rain another time, because when we went downtown we could see that the streets were wet, but we must have been having dinner at the time because neither of us could remember it.

8. Insects... this was the weird thing. As soon as we arrived at the airport... we began to scratch our arms and hands. We would then be constantly getting these strange bites without ever seeing the culprits. Was very odd, but we kept scratching and never really let it bother us too much... Well me anyway... Cin was scratching all the way home ;-)

9. The alcohol at the resort was plentiful. They seemed to have a vast selection and did not have trouble dishing it out. I'm not the best person to ask because I am not a conniseur. I basically drank water, juice or Sol with only the occasional mixed drink. Cin tried many of the drinks, the "Baby Love" being her favourite.

10. The shows were okay... Too be honest we only went to about 1 1/2 shows as it was not something we were particularly into. The Latin and Broadway nights. Both of the shows were nice. The activities staff are quite talented and dance quite well. We spent most of our time eating at this time though.

11. Speaking of which... Room service... WOW... We pretty much had Room Service for breakfast everyday. Mexican eggs, American type eggs, waffles, hotcakes, cereal, fruits, yogurts, cereals, pastries... you name it you got it. Likewise, their menu during the day and evening is awesome... I loved the Ribs and Beef fajitas, while Cin loved the soup and wings.

Whew, there is sooo much more I can write, but this is getting really long and i gotta save some stuff for my trip report.

If any of you have any questions in the meantime please feel free to ask it here or email me at robhonglin@yahoo.com