Just got back from the Grand Marival

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Deb
Just got back from the Grand Marival

Post by Deb » Sun Dec 15, 2002 5:59 am

Had an absolutely fabulous time in PV. It was our first time down and my husband who was very reluctant to go to PV has decided we will be going back not for one week but for two weeks. We loved PV and the people. We couldn't get over how trusting the vendors were on our beach at the Grand Marival. The Marival was great, offered everything you could possibly ask for at an AI. We took our 18 year old son who had a great time. If you were the type who wanted to keep busy every day or just lay about and have drinks brought to you on the beach this place is for you. You can walk for miles on the beach or take a quick 30 minute bus ride into town (and I mean quick). This is a must, riding on the buses are an adventure in it's self. My husband and son took advantage of the horseback riding, bike tour and scuba diving lessons that were part of the Marival's package deal. You never got bored of the food as there were 5 different restaurant to choose from. Our personal favorite was the Italian. For those Canadians going down, the vendors on the Marival's beach do accept Canadian dollars, bills only no coins. They give the same rate as the banks, much better than the hotel. Don't exchange at the hotel. They were only giving 5.70 exchange for 100 pesos where the banks and exchange places were giving anywhere between 6.20 and 6.30. Our only complaint was the the beds and pillows are rock hard. I like a firm bed but this was like sleeping on the floor. Spoke to others that stayed at other resorts and they complained about the same thing. Next time I will take some camping foam to put on top of the mattress and my own pillow. I would highly recommend this resort to families or couples. If anybody has any questions feel free to email me @ The_Pattisons@telus.net. If you go my son and husband give a thumbs up to the Canopy Tour!