Typical

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Taken
Typical

Post by Taken » Thu Sep 13, 2001 9:34 pm

It's incidents like this that usually go unreported. Especially in a small port town that depends on tourism for its main income. I complained to everybody at the restaurant, they seemed more intent on pleasing the large party that had just sat down than quibbling with me. Believe me, I was verbal enough that everybody in the restaurant heard me. I reported the incident to the resort I was staying at. They were good enough to tell all their staff to not recommend the place. I know this because when I walked to the front to go to dinner the next evening the concierge (unprompted) asked if we were going downtown for dinner. When I replied yes, he was quick to suggest that we avoid "El Torito".

As for my friend, she saw a waiter take the original check with the money. It may have not been our waiter, but it was someone in "el torito" garb. Her integrity is not in question.

The intent of this post (and posts elsewhere on other sites) is to inform and educate all potential visitors of PVR (or any restaurant in any resort town) of the potential pratfalls of paying for your meal. In this case, I seriously doubt this was an isolated incident. If it was, they won't be likely to do it again. If this should cost the owner his business, so be it. To allow a customer to have such a bad experience is INEXCUSABLE!

I may come back to Puerto Vallarta, but I won't be eating at "El Torito", and I can vehemently say that I CANNOT RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE ELSE!

Jennybean

Re:Typical

Post by Jennybean » Sat Sep 15, 2001 9:05 pm

That's your right to not recommend El Torito to anyone else; it's your choice.

I will continue to patronize the place because I like the food and the atmosphere. I will also continue to recommend it to friends who ask.

No one questioned your friend's integrity, what we were asking is what was she doing when they took the check away. Telling the management at your resort does nothing either, other than garner you some sympathy and a vow that they will not recommend the place to anyone.....until you leave and someone else takes your place, has a great meal there, and then they will start recommending it again. Their jobs depend on the patronage of tourists that come and go.

THAT is why I recommended going to the CVB, PROFECO or your consulate - they WANT you to report incidents like this, so they can stop it from happening again. Only then can theft and corruption be stopped. That is what they are there for.

I reiterate that I am sorry this happened to you. These are incidents you don't wish on anyone. All we can do is hope you will continue to go back to PV and enjoy everything else that is wonderful about the city.