Royal Decameron Report

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

canadianblond
Royal Decameron Report

Post by canadianblond » Mon Jul 29, 2002 5:09 pm

I just got back yesterday and I decided to do this right away so I dont forget anything. I wanted to write a really detailed report from the eyes of a teenager cuz they are hard to find.

ARRIVAL: When we first drove in it was night time so we didnt see that much, but from what I did see, I was NOT happy. When you drive through the gates all you see is run down buildings. But it only took about a minute to realize that we had to drive down a long driveway and when we got to the lobby, I saw that the hotel was beautiful. Everything was lit up, including palm trees with strings of lights. While we were checking in, the guy at the front desk IDed me and gave me child braclet, which suprised me since I've gotten adult braclets at different hotels when I was much younger. (I'll be 18 in about 3 months). This kinda made my parents mad since I did pay adult price but it IS the law so I have to follow it if I'm asked even if most hotels dont care. We got assigned to our room which was in the Royal section which is by the adult pool.

ROOM AND MAID SERVICE: The room was your standard room which you would find at most mexican hotels. 2 double beds (rock hard with rock hard pillows) but still confortable enough to get a good nights sleep. If you wanted to you could call down to the front desk and they would send you a foam pad for your bed. Our air conditioner worked VERY well, infact sometimes I would go into the room and I would feel too cold. Whcih was nice in 40 degree temprature. Our TV only had 2 englishs channels... the news and MGM, but I did talk to some poeple who had many american channels like Nickolodian (dont know how to spell it since I'm canandian), FOX, WB etc. We had no problems with the maids. They did quite a good job. Our room didnt always get cleaned at the same time everyday but you have to expect that when there is 600 rooms in the hotel.

FOOD and DRINKS: 5 restaurants, 6 bars. The food was good. I'm a VERY picky eater and I could still find things that I liked. They make the BEST guacamole, salsa, and homemade tortilla chips I have ever eaten. they have ice cream on some days which is good also. Its a little bit different then the ice cream I usually eat but still good. Saturday night was Mexican Night and it was sooooo good. They had everything you could imagine. The drinks were your standard all inclusive drinks. They would try to make you anything that you asked and if they didnt know how and you explained it they would make it too. The beer was bottled Sol, which some people like and others dont, I didnt mind it.

ACTIVITIES AND ENTERTAINMENT: In the day time they had lots of activities like water polo, water volleyball, water bball, beach volleyball, beach and grass soccor, ceramics painting (the ceramics guy is such a sweetie), boogie boarding, catamarans, kayaking, windsurfing on some days. On fridays they had Olympic Day which had 2 teams and various relays and races and stuff like that. All this started around the Activities Pool so if you want to participate just go there and ask the activities staff. They encourage people to participate but dont force you if you dont want to. Also, they have internet access which is 40 pesos for an hour. Every night at 10 there is a show. Usually outside, unless it is raining or there are signs of a storm. Most of the shows are really good. The mime is hilarious... definatly worth watching. The dancers are great and most of the shows are quite funny.

DISCO: Hmmm... this is a tough one. I guess it depends when you go to the Decameron and who is staying there at the same time. The disco was usually pretty dead. Me and my friends that I met would sometimes go and hang out there because it was the latest bar open and sometimes somebody would dance but the dance floor is usually pretty empty. I cant say always tho. They kick anyone with a yellow band out at around 12:30 so around that time I would try to hide from the security guards, sometimes it worked, sometimes not. For everyone else, it closes at 3.

GROUNDS, BEACH AND POOLS: They grounds were beautifuly maintained, there was always somebody cutting grass or planting flowers etc. The beach was nice. Nicer then the ones in Puerto Vallarta. Unfortunatly, the second week I was there there was a hurricane 400 kms out of the bay so we got a lot of ugly stuff wash up on the beach but that was only for the last 3 or so days I was there. There were 4 pools. An adult pool, which was nice because it was quiet. Teenagers were allowed to be there as long as they followed the rules. The activites pool was usually packed. I liked going there cuz they played music and it was kinda like the meeting place of all the young people. There was 2 other pools, one in the tropical section and one in the flamingo section which I barley ever went into but they were still nice. There were little pools for children to play in as well. At the store in the lobby, you could buy air mattresses or tubes so those floated around one day. The mattresses were 120 pesos, I was lucky because a friend of mine gave me 2 for free when he left. When I left I gave them to a vendor on the beach who I often talked to for his kids.

Well, thats all I can think of right now, if anyone has any questions, I'll be happy to answer! Over all, I think the Royal Decameron Complex is a good place. Maybe not the best place if you are looking to party downtown everynight but a good self contained resort.

cristal

Re:Royal Decameron Report

Post by cristal » Sat Nov 02, 2002 11:16 pm

Re: Royal Decameron
Thank you for your comprehensive report on the Royal Decameron. My husband and I are going soon and feel very confident of having a wonderful holiday thanks to our travel agent who has stayed there, and yourself, giving it the thumbs up. From another travelling Canadian.

April

Post by April » Sun Nov 03, 2002 6:33 pm

Hi Cristal!
What dates will you be at the Royal Decameron?
My husband and I will be there from November 19th-26th. We are also canadian!
He is taking me there for my 40th!!!!!!

Cheers!

April

Post by April » Sun Nov 03, 2002 6:36 pm

Hi....Thank you so much for your information and update!
Its always nice to be assured about your future travels. Especially with the hurricane hitting PV.
Did you go outside of the resort to Bucerias at all?
Also did you go on any excursions?
I would like to try horseback riding or perhaps the Rythm of Nights cruise!
I'm getting some godd and bad feedback though on the cruise one!....any information on those would be great if you can!

Again thanks a bunch

Cheers!!

rivergirl

Post by rivergirl » Wed Nov 06, 2002 6:29 pm

Re: Rythmns of the Night Cruise. My husband and I took the cruise mar./01 and loved it. It 's a long , coolish trip from the marina to the site of the event so dress accordingly. The staff and the drinks on board were great, a few people were sea-sick so plan ahead with medication if you're suceptable. On land, the meal was buffet and so so but the indigenous dance performance in a natural ampitheatre afterwards was unlike any other entertainment we've seen, first class, and I highly recommend it.

Jaym

Puerto Vallarta in general

Post by Jaym » Wed Jan 08, 2003 9:47 pm

My friends and I are going down there for spring break in April. We are really hoping that there is stuff to do for teenagers, 2 18 and 2 17 year olds. We are most likely staying in the Qualton or the Plaza Pelicanos. If anyone has any input on this, if it is a good Spring Break spot, or what, Please let me know, or email me. Thank you~ Gymnist22@aol.com