Just got back!

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Jerseychick
Just got back!

Post by Jerseychick » Wed Jul 31, 2002 4:22 pm

Hi all,

We just got back on Saturday from our first trip to PV. What wonderful people!

We did all the first time favorites. Thanks Brenda for the suggestion to go on the Malagalante. The whole family had a great time.

Went to Chico's paradise just out of curiosity and the kids loved playing in the water.

Thanks for the tip on Los Arcos...great tacos!!

We took a horseback riding trip up into the mountains with a wonderful family ranch. Rancho del ojo de Agua. Keith, we did not need the incest repellanet...all family members were well behaved.

We stayed at the Sheraton and liked it very much because we could walk downtown. A very family oriented place.

Well back to the old grind, hope we can get back soon.

Cheryl
Palo Alto, CA

jlsav

Re:Just got back!

Post by jlsav » Thu Sep 26, 2002 7:08 pm

hi...i read your post..and you live somewhat close by...i live in San Jose..
hoping to go to Puerto Villarta in December...
what do you recomment eating at?? fun places to visit??
where did you stay at?? we are hoping to stay at Ocho Cascadas..have you heard of that??
thank you for any info.
sincerely,
Lydia

beekeeper

Post by beekeeper » Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:58 am

Hello Friend, I am planning a trip in June of 03. can you make suggestions as to where to visit while I am there. I will be taking my family a total of 5. 3 are teenagers. thanks rr

Cruzin

Post by Cruzin » Wed Nov 13, 2002 5:46 am

jlsav (Sep 26, 2002 03:08 p.m.):
hi...i read your post..and you live somewhat close by...i live in San Jose..
hoping to go to Puerto Villarta in December...
what do you recomment eating at?? fun places to visit??
where did you stay at?? we are hoping to stay at Ocho Cascadas..have you heard of that??
thank you for any info.
sincerely,
Lydia
Hi Lydia, My husband and I have been on the Vallarta Adventure tours and they are all very good but their best and our favorite must do each trip is go to the RHYTHMS OF THE NIGHT tour. It is Very romantic and well worth the money. Great meal and show too! We also like to go horse back riding at Rancho Copoma each time we visit. It's family owned and operated and is good quailty. They serve lunch, a good ride along a river to a waterfall and back, the horses are well behaved :) and clean and this time of year it is absolutely beautiful. We like to eat at Quepo's (sp) might be Querto's. Very traditional Mexican food, ask any cab driver to get there. My mind just shut down so I'll have to stop. Have fun. PV is a wonderful place with wonderful people. No matter what you do. Just getting on the bus and taking a ride is fun. If you're really up for an adventure and staying for a little while, we like to take a bus up to Guadalajara (the bus lines are Incredible) and shop in Talaquepaque and Tonala and walk around Guadalajara. You need 3-4 days extra to do that but it's so much fun and there's a great Hotel?B&B in Ajicjic (sp? again). Whatever you do you'll have fun. Oh, we also like to take the bus out to punta de Mita the last stop and sit on the beautiful sandy beach under a palapa at the beachfront resturant and have a good fresh meal and day of play. OK, I'm done now. Have fun. Any questions feel free to ask, I know a little and can give you some of our learned tips. Rae

mamawok

Post by mamawok » Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:00 pm

Hi We are going to P.V. in Jan. of 2003. Just wondering what damage there still is and will it be fixed back to normal or there abouts by then? Did you go anywhere outside of P.V. like up towards the north to San Blas?