Candi

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

alain
PV Fan
PV Fan
Candi

Post by alain » Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:41 pm

Any news fron Candi, haven,t herad about her trip

candi

Re:Candi

Post by candi » Tue Dec 10, 2002 4:12 am

well I was very disappointed with the hacienda hotel the staff wasn't friendly or helpful the rooms sucked and the bed was as hard as a rock ..the food was ok got very sick on the morning s*** ..the juices tasted canned and some were ..went to yelpapa was ok I guess long over 2 hr cruise there and 2 hrs back stopped at a place before that it was boring got to yelpapa waterfalls not all that interesting wasn't very deep ever but was very very cold and refreshing ..but it was a very quick tour a 2 min boat ride from your boat to land then a 15 min walk to the falls for like 20 mins then the walk back to the boat ...I was pregnant and couldn't do alot or drink but the relaxation was nice I just think if the hotel was better I'd feel like it wasn't a total waste!! ..candi

SeattleGuy

Post by SeattleGuy » Tue Dec 10, 2002 5:35 am

Well thanx...i'm staying at the hacienda in 2 days and its a dump

slippery- pete

Post by slippery- pete » Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:45 am

i agree the hacienda is a dump. the star system they have in Pv is a big joke. how come all the hotels are 4 and 5 star. at a push most are 3 star. friends of mine were staying at a popular hotel displaying 4 stars but they had no hot water all week, no fridge, tv didn't work for many of the channels available and the sheets had holes in them.

candi

Post by candi » Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:02 am

for alittle more I'm going to next time stay at the crown paradise I went there and said I hated my hotel the hacienda and wanted to check out there hotel (for next time) and because it wasn't downtown as while I liked that ..far away from all the sellings and woowwwww they gave me a great tour ..for a 1st yr annavarsary the hacienda email me back saying I'd get a update and wine and fruit basket and they'd make it special and had to memory of it when I got there and rolled their eyes at me when I said OK FINE then just give me a room with a king size at least!! geeez ..man! I wish I stayed somewhere else!..candi

tlippy
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Location:Central Oregon - where there's snow on the ground 6 months of the year

Post by tlippy » Sat Dec 21, 2002 5:38 pm

Candi, my experiences paralled yours. Yelapa is a "one time" thing. Following is a post I just finished in another section. While not the same Hotel as yours, I think it if food for thought no matter where you stay.

Don't know if you have made a decision yet BUT I stayed at the Rosita last January for a week. Booked my room from the Rosita internet site and paid $40/nite EP for a room "overllooking the pool". The room was wonderful, the location was awful. I could hear Carlos Obrien till 4A and at 5A the Rosita restaurant came to life. I really believe the cooks helpers intentionallly banged pots and pans just to annoy everyone. My Brother joined me and got one of the rooms with an ocean view on the North side of the hotel at $90/nite. The only noise he got was ocean surge. A Canadian girl staying at the Rosita told me she has the same room as my Brother and paid $50/nite. She came with cash and asked for the manager and told him what she would pay - take it or leave it.
Anyway, this year I'm going to do the Canadian thing. Arrive in town with cash and no reservations. Problem with advance reservations is they got your money and you get the room they choose. They will not give you a different rom without serious upgrade charges. I've heard of many folks booking in advance and thinking they got such a good deal only to get a crummy room. Most of the complaints have centered around kitchen noise or street traffic.
So this year I will look for a Hotel with NO restaurant and pay attention to room location.
Hope this helps and ins't too late for your trip.