just returned from PV

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
just returned from PV

Post by randyintucson » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:34 am

We just returned from a short 3 night/4day trip. Weather: it rained every evening, a light rain Thursday and Saturday and a pretty heavy rain Friday. Friday we were stuck at Andales during happy hour for 4-5 rounds of margaritas, but walked out of there feeling like we had been drinking ginger ale. I have a weird medical condition known as restless legs syndrome. I take medication for it nightly, usually backed up by a mild alcohol buzz. Friday night the restless legs kicked in like never before in a year or two. Didn't have the problem on Thursday or Saturday and drank the same amount so (and I am not joking) the only thing I can attribute it to is the weak margaritas at Andales. Restaurants: the ones we wanted to visit (La Piazetta and Archies Wok) were closed. As mentioned above, spent one evening in Andales and two others in ok places, although had a great waiter in one and will mention him in a later post once Donna unpacks everything. Re-weather: although it rained every day and we are from the desert and not accustomed to the humidity, it was not as bad as we had expected, having been down there previously in June/July and September/October. And as usual, wish we didn't have to come home.

marcos
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:just returned from PV

Post by marcos » Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:11 pm

Randy, you lucky dog ... being able to spend a few long weekends in PV every year. I've just got to get by on my yearly vacation.

4-5 margaritas? Restless leg syndrome? And you weren't tipsy? Sounds like "hollow leg syndrome" to me. lolololololol

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:25 pm

Randy, did you take the Murphy bed mechanism and find someone to build the bed for you? Where is your condo?

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:20 am

Marcos, I could have drank their margaritas all night and walked out of there sober. They were margaritas in name only. Maybe it was because it was happy hour; most other places have much more potent margaritas. And, yes I do confess to suffering from, or being blessed with, hollow leg syndrome too!

bzy1inpv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by bzy1inpv » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:25 am

Ah Randy,
I bet if Carlos was still working there, you would have felt the margaritas and slept like a baby, legs and all.
Nice to have met you both and look forward to seeing you in the near future, neighbor:)

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:27 am

Hi Elena,
We delivered the Murphy bed mechanism to a friend recommended to us by Brenda, who is active on this BB and also has her own popular BB. Her friend's husband is a carpenter, and I am confident he will do a great job. Our condo complex is called Selva Romantica. It is located two blocks up Fca Rodriquez from the Los Muertos pier. They have a hilltop infiniti pool, spa, swim-up bar, small gym, parking, security, etc all a 3-5 minute walk from Olas Altas and Basillio Badillo. This is new construction in an in-fill site with great views and lots of natural vegetation. They have 2BR and studio units. If anyone wants more information, please e-mail me.