busy, busy

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
busy, busy

Post by randyintucson » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:53 am

I´ve been down here for 5 days, mainly getting stuff for the new condo. The banks blocked all our credit cards and our debit cards, so it was a good thing that Donna had to go back early and get things taken care of. Not many places accept credit cards for large purchases, such as furniture, so I am going on installment plans in many cases, withdrawing my maximum daily amount from my checking account. Have been so busy that I didn't even get into the pool today, although I got to CyC´s for happy hour. I just got back from eating a Shrimp Bin Laden burrito, as recommended by Brenda, at a taco stand at Aguacate y Basillio Badillo. Wow, was that good. Tomorrow I will try to sign up for phone and cable service, but only if they take credit cards; I have other installment payments to make. Got to know my nextdoor neighbors, Ken & Darlene from BC, who also are members of this board. Will have a tough time misbehaving now. Glad to report that the cervezas and margaritas are still great. Just enjoyed one of the processions to the church for the fiesta of the Virgen of Guadalupe.

bzy1inpv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:busy, busy

Post by bzy1inpv » Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:24 am

Hey Randy!
I am hoping to run into this week, if you see this, come to CYC's tomorrow for sunset :)
A bunch of people on here want to you raise a toast to them and I am the honorary "watcher" to make sure to drink enough to cover everyone :)
Otherwise, give me a call:) I am the shopping queen!
BTW: many utility companies have online bill pay now!

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:30 pm

Hey Randy. Hope everything is going well.Tell your B.C. neighbors it is miserable back home in B.C. ( Vancouver ) Have a beer for me and say hi to Brenda.

bzy1inpv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by bzy1inpv » Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:27 am

A really Randy update!
Randy is doing great, having a blast, had a margarita for each and every one of you (or pretty darn close) and says HOLA!
He is back to shopping and hopefully, I can spin him around town on Sunday to buy the last few items he is seeking. Unfortunately his wife flew back to the miserable weather to take care of some business, leaving poor Randy to contend with the wonderful weather in Vallarta...(and margarita consumption)

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:09 am

Obviously I met up with Brenda and some friends at CyCs and had a few margaritas and really enjoyed myself. Have most of my shopping done and the larder is stocked with tequila, beer and a few other necessities. But have been so busy I have barely spent any time at the pool, none at the beach, and have had little chance to read. Going from here to watch some of the processions, but unfortunately my camera is broken -- don't know what happened.

Tracy

Post by Tracy » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:39 pm

Randy,

What do you mean the bank put a stop on your decit and credit cards? :o( How come?

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:16 am

Tracy,
I guess because we they were seeing an unusually high amount of expenditures and in a foreign country, they stopped all our cards including our ATM card. I do not know if they were collaborating on this or not. All I know is that it was a good thing that my wife went home early, as planned, and was able to fix it easily. Don't know how easy it would have been to fix it from here. If I had to do it all over again, I would alert the credit card companies and bank ahead of time. Fortunately, not anything but a temporary nuisance. Are you planning an upcoming move?
Randy

bzy1inpv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by bzy1inpv » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:56 am

Any time you travel out of your home country and plan on using your credit card, you should alert your bank(s) where and when you will be traveling.

All credit card companies monitor your charges, and if all of a sudden they see your card being used in a new location (especially outside of the US or Canada) they will flag it and stop all charges. All it takes is a call to the company to tell them where you are charging as well as giving them some personal info for them to verify it is you.

They do this because of fraud protection. Your cards usually have a fraud protection agreement on it (you pay the first $50) so this is how they protect their butts from losing a bunch of money.

So, if you are coming to Vallarta, (or anywhere International) call your credit card company (s) and tell them that you will be using your card out of area. You should also make a photo copy (both sides) and bring with and keep separate in case you do lose the card. Now you have the phone number and the card number to call it in lost or stolen.

Tracy

Post by Tracy » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:43 pm

hi there,

we are coming down March 26 to April 2 - never been out of canada - so I am really looking forward to it! 103 more sleeps.

Thanks for the heads up for the cards. I will be sure to let the bank know.

Take care.

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:42 am

Well, I have a major update on this trip. We bought the condo expecting to use it off and on and rent it at other times, but that has all changed. I happened to be at the right place at the right time and was offered, and accepted, a job down here. I have been selling new homes back in Tucson for the past 12 years and will now be selling new condos, homes, villas, lots, etc. for a developer that has two high end properties in La Cruz, and they are about to open a new, affordably priced condo project a little north of the Sheraton. None of this stuff is timeshare! I am returning home in couple of days to spend Christmas with my family, but will be driving down the day after Christmas. Please contact me if you would like more information on any of these projects.

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:35 pm

congratulations Randy on the move to paradise.

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:44 am

Hello and thanks MM. I've come back to Tucson for the holidays and can't believe how cold it is here in Tucson. Sorry, but you know everything is relative. Although I will be living in paradise and will be happy about it, it will not be vacation time. I will be working 6 days per week, but can't comlain. The days go by fast and I stay out of trouble, for the most part. Can't stay out late or anything. Let me know when you are coming down this winter and we will enjoy some margaritas together.

pvdeb
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvdeb » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:56 am

Congrats on the move. I know where your condo is and sure wish I could afford one of those. So is your wife going to move back down there with you? Best of luck on your new life.

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:18 pm

randyintucson (Dec 16, 2004 10:44 p.m.):
Hello and thanks MM. I've come back to Tucson for the holidays and can't believe how cold it is here in Tucson. Sorry, but you know everything is relative. Although I will be living in paradise and will be happy about it, it will not be vacation time. I will be working 6 days per week, but can't comlain. The days go by fast and I stay out of trouble, for the most part. Can't stay out late or anything. Let me know when you are coming down this winter and we will enjoy some margaritas together.

I will definately look you up when we are in p.v. Hopefully down the road we will be moving to p.v. and when we do i will know a realtor in town.

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:27 am

pvdeb (Dec 16, 2004 10:56 p.m.):
Congrats on the move. I know where your condo is and sure wish I could afford one of those. So is your wife going to move back down there with you? Best of luck on your new life.
Thanks. Because prices are going crazy down there, we could only afford a studio rather than the 2BR we would have liked to have bought. But we just wanted to get our foot in the door. My wife won't be moving down (don't have enough room for her -- just kidding!) but we will go back and forth regularly, a quick trip from Tucson/Phoenix.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:39 am

Hi Randy:
Congratulations on your new job! Can you tell us more about the "affordable" condos north of the Sheraton, such as where exactly are they? On the beach? When will they be ready and what are the prices? Everyone has a different definition of affordable.

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:00 pm

Hi Elena,
The development will be located behind the Mega supermarket, about a block from the beach. There will be 21 one BR, 44 Two BR and 10 penthouse condos, all with ocean views. Theer will be a swimming pool, gym and covered parking for each condo. Prices should begin in the low 100's. I will have more detailed information when I arrive and start working, probably on the 30th of December.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:40 pm

Hi Randy:
How are things going with you new job? We are here now too, staying at our condo on Calle Emilio Carranza. Maybe we´ll see you one night at CyC, although we haven´t made it there yet. Are you going to the Meet up group get together on the 18th?

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:33 pm

Hi Elena,
I guess I missed something about the meet up on the 18th. When and where? And where is it posted? BTW, I go to CyCs often as it is just 2 blocks down from our condo on Fca Rodriguez. Good chance we will be there this evening and then dinner next door at Langostinos.
Randy

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:08 am

I received an email from the meetup group about the get together on the 18th. Maybe you just haven´t checked lately? It´s at Cafe de Olla at 7 pm.

Elena