Just got back, can't wait to return

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Just got back, can't wait to return

Post by randyintucson » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:16 am

Just got back from a brief visit, June 30 through July 5, and have to say that, unlike Mario, I thought the weather was much easier to take than expected. We live in Tucson and left on a 109F, but dry, day. We got caught in a shower getting off the bus from the airport at Walmart, after we realized it was going to take the long way to el centro. But it had stopped raining by the time our cab dropped us off at our condo. Down to CyC’s for a couple of margaritas and then Machi’s for dinner. Lots of food for great prices and good sangria too.

Next day we had a lot of business to take care of regarding banking issues, etc. CyC’s and La Piazetta, with a bottle of wine and their limoncella. Got home and was able to persuade my wife, Donna, to go skinny-dipping in the condo pool! Must explain that we live in the first building completed of a small complex, two others under construction, and pretty much had the pool to ourselves the whole time. Couldn’t get Donna drunk enough to do it again, though. Too bad, because that opportunity won’t come by again.

Some shopping for the condo on Saturday, CyC’s and the highlight of our trip (except last night) was dinner at La Esquina del Capricho. Absolutely fantastic, but boy what a walk up the hill behind the church. Makes our walk up the hill from CyC’s to our condo seem like a piece of cake. Only 5 tables and most of the clients were local (read Mexican).

Kind of took it easy on Sunday, except we did meet up with Jennybean at CyC’s. Then spent Monday the 4th on the beach and ended up at Archies Wok.

We walked all over town, day after day, and yes we sweated a lot, but not as much as I had anticipated. Fortunately, our condo is located on a hilltop and the cross-ventilation is great, always some air moving. Did not have to run the AC at all, except for one 10-15 minute period just to make sure it works.

I have to admit that my wife found it more uncomfortable than I did. Maybe I just benefit from being in good shape, ie, am accustomed to working out and sweating heavily on a daily basis and replacing my fluids every evening.

But, we got home to Tucson just a couple of hours ago and my main feeling is that our air-conditioned home feels hot, dry and stuffy. I already am missing Vallarta.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Re:Just got back, can't wait to return

Post by ellen » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:47 am

Hi Randy:
I'm glad you had a good trip. La Esquina de Caprichos is one of our favourite restaurants, too, but for us it's just a short walk because our condo is just a couple of blocks away - and 2 blocks higher! It's not really such a bad walk in the winter months. We usually take the stairs that go up the side of Cafe des Artistes but sometimes zig-zag up Matamoros by Chez Elena. Being up that high the breezes are usually awesome and the view is beautiful. Anyway, thanks for the trip report and welcome back to reality.

stew

Re:Just got back, can't wait to return

Post by stew » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:17 pm

Elena (Jul 06, 2005 06:47 a.m.): We usually take the stairs that go up the side of Cafe des Artistes but sometimes zig-zag up Matamoros by Chez Elena. Being up that high the breezes are usually awesome and the view is beautiful. Anyway, thanks for the trip report and welcome back to reality.
That's the way I went for years of staying at Los Cuatro Vientos/Chez Elena until my by pass surgery after which it was up along the side of the church then straight up the bit more gentle slope of Matamoras.