Allegro Resort

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

ComputerGal
Allegro Resort

Post by ComputerGal » Tue Sep 04, 2001 9:32 pm

We just returned from the Allegro Resort and wanted to share our experience. I would recommend this resort to anyone, especially those with young children. We had gone to this resort last year and loved it, so we decided to go again this year. We have 2 kids, ages 8 and 11. They have an outside buffet restaurant which serves good food (yes, I'm sure you can get better at a restaurant downtown, but it is good for a buffet). For breakfast, they have a make your own omelet area, waffles, pancakes, fruit; for dinners they vary it, but some items are a pasta bar, taco bar, etc). Be sure to eat in the Italian restaurant (you can eat there once). We ate all lunches at the snack bar by the pool (wonderful chips and salsa; hamburgers, taquitos, pizza, hot dogs). The Palapa Bar on the beach is good - the bartenders are great! If you have kids, they can go up and order Banana Mamas, Chi-Chis, etc and they make all the drinks virgin for them. The pool is nice, although it's not as large as some pools, but it was fine for us. They do have a kids pool attached to the main one. Activities are great - they have adult games (pool volleyball, drinking contest, beach volleyball, silly games); they have a lot of activities for kids (pool games, beach games, arts and crafts) and the girl who has run it for at least the 2 times we have been there (Fanny) is great with the kids. All the Activities staff is good. The Activities Staff puts on the shows each night. They have a Kids Mini Disco, where the young kids get on stage and do dancing, etc. Then they have an adult ice-breaker, where they bring adults on stage to play stupid, fun games. Then for an hour (9:30-10:30), the staff puts on a great show (different each night). The rooms are clean, grounds are beautiful; ocean is perfect (it stays shallow out for a ways).

Everyone I spoke with there had good things to say. I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone has.